Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I got a closure sew in a couple of days ago. I've already taken the stuff that keeps the closure down off, and it wasn't bleached to begin with, so i got tired of the screen door look, and just rock headbands so I can still get my money's worth.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I know I looked a hot ass mess today. Hair was in a blow dried bun. But these customers and coworkers kept hitting on me… must be the lashes. That’s all they see with the mask

I’m so ready for the mask thing to be over. It affects my hair for real for real

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I’m so ready for my next off day. This is my second week with no days off. I had to wig it today… my next appointment is Friday 10/22

after that I’m sleeping

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I need someone to take these crochet locs out. I have a party on the 23rd where i could wear my hair under a wig but its not an immediate need to take them out but I would love a new style.

DVAntDany

My aunt is going out of town and may be gone until Christmas. Before I knew Madison Reed was sold at Ulta, I purchased Chi Shine Shade for her to use as a permanent for the roots and demi or semi permanent color to refresh the mid shaft to ends. The more I talked to her about color, it made me realize that the average person should just get their hair color done by a professional.

I know first hand why I feel that way. I found a pic of my hair back when I was still using BKT and alternative straighteners. I ruined my curls with the color. I didn’t use bleach. I used a high lift color that actually made it too light. My plan was to lift to the underlying pigment of level 7and tone it with a green blue based ashy level 6/5. I was missing the necessary underlying pigments because my hair turned banana peel yellow around level 8 or 9.

My toners were too dark and my hair was so porous that it kept turning blue and purple. I also couldn’t figure out how to do a proper tint back. So I foolishly used the high lift several times to strip the colors. Eventually, I settled on having a warm level 7 hair color that I wasn’t pleased with. In an act of desperation, I used Wella ColorCharm Toners and my hair felt like a brick. My hair went down hill from there.

In this pic my curls were stretchy like bubble gum when wet. I had to be super gentle when styling.
D8CDE926-202B-4091-BE46-F3BB7829142E.jpeg
*ignore the zombie looking solotica contacts. The ones without the limbal ring looked so weird.

This made me think about the good ol’days when my main styler was Patene Silky Moisture Whip. It was good for both blow drying my hair straight and to wear my hair curly. I recently checked out the ingredients and they look pretty trash. I think I’m unconsciously looking for a styler like that again. It looked like a mousse, but left my hair super soft with shine.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I can throw this wig in the closet or somewhere tomorrow. I’m finally getting my hair blown out. I’m so ready. Been looking like a rag doll for too long

discodumpling

They gone learn today! I'm on my protective grind for the foreseeable future. That means that the non Black folks in my life need to get used to twists, cornrows, plaits and knots. I started off wearing a twist out on office days but I don't feel like releasing this set of twists for 1 day in the office. They gone deal with these skinny half up half down twists t'day!!

discodumpling

Naan question but strange looks and others unconsciously ( or maybe consciously?) stroking and playing with their hair in my presence. My Chinese colleague actually stood by my desk and braided, unbraided and rebraided her hair while we had a conversation
My bottle blonde boss kept flipping her platinum locs. And the Black one with the non existent hair line kept fingerings hers as well. It was an amusing display to say the least.

shasha8685

A few thoughts:

Stress has my hair shedding like crazy. I gotta put an end to this stress ASAP!

Trying the Melanin Hair Care twist cream again- this time in conjunction with The Doux Mousse Def. My hair seems to be taking it it well given that my twists are nice and plump.

I used to think that liquid leave in's had no place in my routine. I'm seeing now that they do. When I use them, I don't get product flaking. Who knew?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had the best cowash yesterday. I used vo5 strawberries and cream on wet hair. Massaged it in, then detangled and braided my hair. Once I rinsed out the conditioner my hair was still detangled and squeaky clean. I moisturized my ends with Hairfinity cream and garnier sleek and shine cream. I’ll oil my ends later