Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I need to put my hair back into a protective style. It's at that weird awkward stage between SL and APL where I never know what to do with it and get the urge to mess up my hair by doing something dumb to it. It needs to back up in twists, or braids, or something. I just don't have the energy. Ugh

Mapleoats

I ended up getting a dyson supersonic! I love Dyson but I just can’t bring myself to pay full price for their stuff :look:. Got it from a friend of a friend selling a brand new one for $100 less than retail price. Just activated the warranty on it as well. I’m very pleased. Can’t wait to try it out and see how it compares to the airwrap.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I brought a “you go naturals wrap” on Urban Outfitters website during Black Friday. It’s a cute wrap and I agree with @faithVA they are cuter than the slap caps. I got a small/medium size and it was TIGHT! I don’t have a big head so I was surprised. I’m going to keep it and hope it stretches.

I have a M/L one and it’s still very fitted. They need a larger size or to expand the material so it’s not as fitted. @NaturalEnigma

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Just my little vent, I hate that many products have coconut oil and Shea butter in their ingredients. I just wish that trend would stop. The products that my hair thrived on did not have that.
The majority of my products don’t have Shea butter and coconut oil. Been like that for a long time now. If it has Shea butter it’s past the fifth ingredient especially leave ins. Not a coconut fan.
Only line I like in the summer with Shea butter and coconut oil is by Keracare. I didn’t even realize it was in it. I can get away with it because of the humidity in the air

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got a botox deep conditioner a couple weeks ago and I can tell the difference in the softness and moisture. It almost feels like my hair absorbs too much moisture now; reversion. This blowout isn’t even a week old and the roots are crip walking already

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Manipulating my real hair (short of slicking my edges to blend with my wigs) gives me so much anxiety. I took out 1 cornrow to check for breakage and I felt so overwhelmed with that much hair out I braided it back up as soon as I was done.

My hair is exhausting to me. Its not hard per se but Ive come to dislike doing it unless I'm doing a wash n go. I don't know if I can fall back in love with my hair

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I still dont have the energy to attempt knotless braids on myself. I think I am going to have to book an appointment with a braider after all. It's around that time of year and my hair is at that length where I typically do something setback worthy. I need to keep my hair out of sight and out of mind.

naturalyogini

I just got 10 inches of hair cut. More than I wanted. But it was damaged and thin. I'm overwhelmed at how to wear it now. I took my twists out yesterday and I looked like a Chia pet. I guess I'll stick it on top of my head and slap a head band on for work.

I paid an arm and a leg for a color and cut and I still hate my hair. Maybe I should just go back to relaxers. Or buy a wig.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I still dont have the energy to attempt knotless braids on myself. I think I am going to have to book an appointment with a braider after all. It's around that time of year and my hair is at that length where I typically do something setback worthy. I need to keep my hair out of sight and out of mind.
Me too! I have every intention of doing my hair, but my mind and body are "shooots" :lachen: I just put some crochet braids in that shouldn't have taken me long but *shrugs* lol

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Me too! I have every intention of doing my hair, but my mind and body are "shooots" :lachen: I just put some crochet braids in that shouldn't have taken me long but *shrugs* lol
LOL yeah, I realized the amount of time it would take me to attempt it and thought the same.
I even bought a manniquen head to practice on which I haven't opened yet. :rolleyes: So I booked an appointment in mid-January for small knotless braids. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my hair until then.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Does anyone know what kind of website I can use thats like my own shop to sell these hair products I dont and havent used? I dont want to use an App, unless the website has an existing app .

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I was thinking putting a keratin treatment back in my hair but at the same time I really want to learn how to manage my texture as it grows from my scalp. I don't know what to do so I am just going to leave it alone and wear my wigs