Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

GettingKinky

update time:

I went to my appointment this morning. Got there an hour early at 8 (appointment was set and booked online for 9 am )
The loctician did NOT show up until 11:45. I got super pissed off because this was my day off and i preplanned this. I had been waiting weeks to get these locs done. I left at that point because I had been outside waiting for over 3 hours for this girl. She did not call or let me know what was up until I had already got in the car and left. I did not pay her. She just lost herself a customer.

I proceeded to go out for lunch and then went off to cheesecake factory for a slice of cheesecake to calm my nerves. Even did a lil window shopping at victoria secret pink but didn't buy anything. Then I went home to prep my work lunch for friday and maybe watch a nice hallmark movie.

But yeah, my day off was such a let down. I'm getting mad all over again just thinking about it.
That sucks! I know you were really looking forward to this appointment.

CoiledOrchids

found another loctician closer to me. consultation is next friday at 11am and starter locs are getting done early Saturday afternoon at 1. the price is the same $95 but I have to pay $15 for the 30 minute consultation but I'm ok with it as long as I get my locs done but these people better be professional and be on time

faithVA

update time:

I went to my appointment this morning. Got there an hour early at 8 (appointment was set and booked online for 9 am )
The loctician did NOT show up until 11:45. I got super pissed off because this was my day off and i preplanned this. I had been waiting weeks to get these locs done. I left at that point because I had been outside waiting for over 3 hours for this girl. She did not call or let me know what was up until I had already got in the car and left. I did not pay her. She just lost herself a customer.

I proceeded to go out for lunch and then went off to cheesecake factory for a slice of cheesecake to calm my nerves. Even did a lil window shopping at victoria secret pink but didn't buy anything. Then I went home to prep my work lunch for friday and maybe watch a nice hallmark movie.

But yeah, my day off was such a let down. I'm getting mad all over again just thinking about it.
Sorry to your appointment didn't work out. Sounds like you dodge a bullet. I hope you can find another loctician that will be the right one for you.

faithVA

found another loctician closer to me. consultation is next friday at 11am and starter locs are getting done early Saturday afternoon at 1. the price is the same $95 but I have to pay $15 for the 30 minute consultation but I'm ok with it as long as I get my locs done but these people better be professional and be on time
This one may be better. When stylist charge for a consultation they are usually trying to weed out people and that can be a good sign.

CoiledOrchids

@faithVA
thank you for the kind words. I have faith that this new appointment will be better. All i want is my starter locs to be done since i'm on winter break smh its really not too much to ask....

TrulyBlessed

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Trying to hate myself a little less for doing micro braids with my own hair by moisturizing , finger detangling, and slowly taking two micro braids to combine them into one.
I love wearing these braids in my hair, but daggone it do I hate the installation and take down. Every time I tell myself. "Self?" "Yeah, girl" "You know this the last time right?" "Of course, but you know you're gonna be back right?" "Yup". *hangs head in shame*

I just can't help it :lachen:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Adding leave in conditioner to my blowdried hair, and it drinking it up like some good water without too much shrinkage will never not be funny to me lol

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Y’all the ac went out last weekend and my silk press only lasted 3 days. They came and fixed it today, but damn. I’ll have to wash my hair this weekend cuz these roots are trying to show out.
I just purchased a product that makes hair reversion resistant. You might be interested. I’ll keep you posted

CoiledOrchids

i finally got my locs done!!!!! I tried to post pics but I'm having trouble. Does anyone know of an app to resize pics? I have an android

My locs are small but cute. My loctician said to not get them wet and she said to just spray some oil sheen on my hair at night before I put on my loc sock.
i go back in 4 weeks for a retwist and style. Loving them so much! My routine is so simple now.

oneastrocurlie

i finally got my locs done!!!!! I tried to post pics but I'm having trouble. Does anyone know of an app to resize pics? I have an android

My locs are small but cute. My loctician said to not get them wet and she said to just spray some oil sheen on my hair at night before I put on my loc sock.
i go back in 4 weeks for a retwist and style. Loving them so much! My routine is so simple now.

Photo & picture resizer app. Glad you had a great appointment :)

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee

If you have a Samsung, you can probably do it in the Gallery app.
1. Chose your photo(s)
2. Go to the little pencil
3. Click the 3 dots in the right hand corner
4. Resize to your liking