Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

silverbuttons

Not Impressed
wore clip ins for a weekend, looked great for 1 hour. Then the humidity hit. And I looked like a white woman’s confused child… that hasn’t found conditioner.
I just went with it and made it look extra wild.

I need someone to be hard at work trying to create the perfect anti-humidity treatment. They can have my whole paycheck.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
F3B327C5-87F6-496E-AA69-DC1E5B50C5A1.jpeg0BFFE7E2-CF66-4B8C-A101-03AE4D791226.jpeg

I love the fullness I get when I blowdry. I might cowash and wear my hair big next week.

Bottom pic is me today. My hair has no volume when straightened. So boring. I’m going to start experimenting with blow dried hair. I might finally get a set of Caruso rollers. Big hair don’t care :)

Lylddlebit

My LCL dryer is humming without airflow this morning grrr. I have been using it more regularly with WnGs on my little one but I still planned on a few more years before issue. I have had this one for 5 years and I usually get 7-10 years out of my dryers. I will buy another in the meantime but I plan to try to troubleshoot it before I give up on what I have. Ordering the Pibbs and another LCL now. Stuff breaking is just an excuse to splurge lol :D

My current dryers have me spoiled.

Last edited:

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
View attachment 488331View attachment 488333

I love the fullness I get when I blowdry. I might cowash and wear my hair big next week.

Bottom pic is me today. My hair has no volume when straightened. So boring. I’m going to start experimenting with blow dried hair. I might finally get a set of Caruso rollers. Big hair don’t care :)
When she pretty and she know it. Those who have hair to experiment with know you are the favs of society.

CoiledOrchids

went to the Blake Shelton concert last night. Had a great time!!!!!! First concert was a success! Jackson Dean and Carly Pearce were really good too.
I had to reschedule my retwist for april 21st. I might take a half day from work that day since it's on a friday. I get my hair done at 1.

I've been trying to get more hair accessories and I had to order a new loc sock since I misplaced the one I had. Still Enjoying my locs. Yesterday actually marked one month locked. I have lots of new growth but no budding yet. I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced over spring break.

Other than that, I'm still planning on heading back to school in the fall part-time. So i've already set aside the money for that. I'm just trying to get all my ducks lined up in a row. Still decluttering my stuff, making good progress. I have a book buying addiction, but its okay since I buy only from my favorite authors. I did get on a book budget of $50 for the year though

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
My I let my neighbor help me with something and neighbor commented on me having a beauty room and hair stash instead of a second bedroom. I said trying products is one of my hobbies and she told me it’s not a good hobby. She is not welcome in my beauty room again :fistshake:

View attachment 488353
That sounds like a dry throat purse counter. She not welcome no more.

Lylddlebit

My LCL dryer is humming without airflow this morning grrr. I have been using it more regularly with WnGs on my little one but I still planned on a few more years before issue. I have had this one for 5 years and I usually get 7-10 years out of my dryers. I will buy another in the meantime but I plan to try to troubleshoot it before I give up on what I have. Ordering the Pibbs and another LCL now. Stuff breaking is just an excuse to splurge lol :D

My current dryers have me spoiled.

Dryer wasn't broken. I have a circuit breaker that I need to replace. I tried it on multiple outlets this past weekend but since they were still on the same circuit, I didn't initially figure it out. I will just keep my replacements I ordered and switch to the Pibbs during the warranty period. I will put the back ups in storage until I need them.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Good afternoon ladies. I’m at the salon with a deep conditioner. It’s burning slightly. Is that normal? I’m thinking my scalp may be sensitive from the shampoo. Please advise.

Lylddlebit

Good afternoon ladies. I’m at the salon with a deep conditioner. It’s burning slightly. Is that normal? I’m thinking my scalp may be sensitive from the shampoo. Please advise.
NOOOOO IT AIN'T NORMAL. Abort mission. I have used all kind of conditioners. Some designed to tingle... some design to self heat up up on application. None that burn.

NaturalEnigma

I tried a new hairstyle that I found on Pinterest. It’s neat, but not too crazy about it. Maybe if I put on some makeup and earrings it’ll help.