RANT !*#$^%@*$_#&^%@

**Jade**

Why is it when tyou start to take care of your hair it starts to act up? I mean I used to put relaxers in my hair every 2 weeks never wash it NEVER DC it barely used any oil or moisturizer and now I'm doing everything that I'm supposed to do and it's breaking and feeling like hay and ugh just not right.... I'm really getting frustrated about this.... I'm thinking of just hiding my hair for the next year in braids and then seeing what I have after that.... I mean I stopped relaxing i cowash and DC every week sometime multiple I'm giving my hair protein I'm sleeping with a scarf and a satin pillow... limiting heat to once ever 2 weeks I mean COME ON can I get a break... or better yet NOT get a break

naturalgurl

I would ease up on the protein. Breakage sometimes is a sign of protein overload and that my dear can KILL YOUR HAIR! Moisture is our friend. Go heavy on the moisture and I mean natural moisture like water and sealing with nice oils. If you hair feels mushy then do a protein DC. At least mushy hair gives you a chance before it pops off or disappears!

audacity.

definitely leave the protein out of your regimen until you get to know and hear your strands better.

i take it that you are just beginning your journey, yes?

my suggestion would be to focus STRICLY on moisture.

hiding your hair in braids is a GREAT idea, but be aware that braids alone will not help you reach your goals. you will still need to stay on top of your cleansing schedule, keep your hair conditioned and otherwise care for your hair with moisturizers. i'd hate for you to go through a year of braids just to be left in the same predicament you are in now - breakage.

good luck hun!

Carrie A

Don't fear. Your old damage hair just feels safe letting go now that you are taking good care of the new hair. The waters are shifting a bit but things will settle down soon.

naturalgurl

Don't fear. Your old damage hair just feels safe letting go now that you are taking good care of the new hair. The waters are shifting a bit but things will settle down soon.

That sounded so much like a horoscope!:lachen:

This is true though. Hair still sheds and breaks with the best care, it's natural BUT keep doing what you're doing. You'll see much less breakage and shedding in time. Your hair will be getting fuller and longer. It sneaks up on you so monitor with pics. I didn't notice a change in my hair until I looked at my progress pics. Otherwise, I still think my hair hasn't grown much since I started here. Give it time to work, trust me, you'll be happy!

SEMO

I would ease up on the protein. Breakage sometimes is a sign of protein overload and that my dear can KILL YOUR HAIR! Moisture is our friend. Go heavy on the moisture and I mean natural moisture like water and sealing with nice oils. If you hair feels mushy then do a protein DC. At least mushy hair gives you a chance before it pops off or disappears!
I agree, you may be using too much protein in your hair products. I would focus on using moisture, maybe do protective styles, and seal the moisture in with an oil like coconut or jojoba oil.

SoAnxious12

I agree with the other ladies about the protein... unless your hair feels mushy or not very elastic... dont worry about the protein.