Rant/ labor of love

PrimaD

So what I'm not doing for my hair this weekend is jack ish. I just finished doing my mothers hair. Untwisted microtwist that installed 6 to 8 weeks ago. I pre pooed and detangled( if i didnt she would have done major damage to her hair). Pooed and dc. Blow dryed on low heat,soft pressed and dusted her ends. I used Motions wrapping foam, chi straight guard and grapseed oil. I started at 7:30 with no breaks. I'm soooooo over hair right now. She has very thick full 3c/4a, hair that is full bsl when streched. And to think I was going to go to hair school:lachen:, I think not and I wanted to just do natural hair. I love hair but after doing all of that hair I'm not sure if I want to see how long I can grow mine out. Now I know why stylist look at all of my moms hair and her like she is crazy. " like you want me to do all that hair" and she got those looks when she was relaxed. I might have hair nightmares insted of hair dreams once I pass out. I will post pics later cause I'm just tooooooo worn out to do so now. I have two friends hair to do tomorrow that are natural one locs and the other install twist. I'm so not feeling it right now. ok rant over

2011-05-01_09_55_19.jpg

2011-05-01_09_56_44.jpg

Here are the pic of her soft press in a braid out one day hair . She is holding my Addy doll cause joked about her looking like a life size Addy beacuse of her hair enjoy ladies

Last edited:

faithVA

So what I'm not doing for my hair this weekend is jack ish. I just finished doing my mothers hair. Untwisted microtwist that installed 6 to 8 weeks ago. I pre pooed and detangled( if i didnt she would have done major damage to her hair). Pooed and dc. Blow dryed on low heat,soft pressed and dusted her ends. I used Motions wrapping foam, chi straight guard and grapseed oil. I started at 7:30 with no breaks. I'm soooooo over hair right now. She has very thick full 3c/4a, hair that is full bsl when streched. And to think I was going to go to hair school:lachen:, I think not and I wanted to just do natural hair. I love hair but after doing all of that hair I'm not sure if I want to see how long I can grow mine out.

I am laughing with you. I love learning about hair and I have this crazy notion to go to hair school. Then I start flat twisting or putting cornrows in my mom's head. And on the 2nd twists I start sweating :look: and by the 3rd, I know hair school is out.

Thanks for the reminder :lol: Get some rest.

PrimaD

I have to give it to the laieds and gents that make a living doing this cause I know I would go crazy doing this day in and day out but not everyone wants the same style.

Janet'

I feel you PrimaD I really have an appreciation for stylists...I'm about ready to throw all the products out of the window when I'm doing my hair some days...They have an amazing amount of patience!

PrimaD

@ Janet I really do just not the ones that let their client walk out the shop with jacked up hair ex chewed up end, over processed hair relaxed or natural ect

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Long Hair Care Forum App

empressri

hehe!!! and this is why i dont let anyone else do my hair cause you KNOW they are not going to take the time with it.

i love that addy doll. i wanted one when i was little.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
This is the reason I cannot condemn ALL stylists. There are some good ones out there are work patiently and tirelessly to help women of all hair lengths and thickness look good without complaints. I can see how (and why) they might roll their eyes when they see a client with long thick hair coming cuz its a lot of work for generally the same pay.

Your mom's hair is gorgeous. I know she appreciated your hard work.

PrimaD

hehe!!! and this is why i dont let anyone else do my hair cause you KNOW they are not going to take the time with it.

I can some what agree that not all stylist handle your hair like you would.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
PrimaD - Why are posting pictures of your mother on this site? And you get on me for posting a picture of Fantasia's boyfriend Antwaun Cook's son and ex-wife!? Do you think your mother would be upset if she came to this site seeing pictures of her posted on here!? :smirk: :rolleyes:

LovelyNaps26

if it's my head and I run of patience it is only a matter of time before someone else runs out of patience.