RAVE: Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier!!!

tailormade84

For the longest i have been on a search for a spray that leaves my 4b natural hair moist (longer then 5 minutes after spraying).

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier (8oz) delivered :)

Product Description:
Used for comb out and detangling, daily conditioning, and to remove braids.

Ingredients:
Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

My Review:
PROS:
*Wonderful moisturizer (especially on freshly washed hair) - the softness lasted until the next day :)
*great addition to my shea butter mix
* don't need to use much to get the desired result
*great ingredients
*didn't make my protein-sensitive hair HARD (like infusium 23 did:wallbash:)
*i can buy it at my local BSS (in Dallas AND Houston - glory!!!)
*i paid about $8

CONS:
*it is THICK (shake the bottle WELL before each use)
*because it was so thick, i didnt like to use it while i had extensions, but it was still great on loose hair and i didn't need to use much :)

Last edited:

Kacie

The ingredients look great. I wish I could find such quality products in the BSSs around here.

Bluetopia

For the longest i have been on a search for a spray that leaves my 4b natural hair moist (longer then 5 minutes after spraying).

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier delivered :)

Product Description:

Ingredients:
Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

My Review:
PROS:
*Wonderful moisturizer (especially on freshly washed hair) - the softness lasted until the next day :)
*great ingredients
*it cost less than $10

CONS:
*because it was so thick, i didnt like to use it while i had extensions, but it was still great on loose hair and i didn't need to use much :)

I LOOOOOOVE this stuff. When the BSS near my house had a going out of business sale I bought all their bottles.

Cool tip - When it gets thick - add a little water to the bottle, shake it up and the results are the same. This allows you to get a good 25% more out of the bottle.

Also...if you are transitioning, are texlaxed or just have some new growth in general, I've learned that spraying this around your NG and the demarcation line helps a lot especially if you plan on flat ironing your hair.

And for you low manipulation folks - on those days where thick roots get a lil matted applying this directly on them makes running your fingers through your hair much easier.

Mind you I was also using Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner during this time and I suspect that this helped as well. So people who use shea butter - DEF add this to your regimen as a great compliment.

I've dubbed this product "The Great Nap Detangler"

I tried to use this on extensions but found Sta Sof Fro is best for braids and this - like you said is best on your hair.

just dont forget to water it down a wee bit....same great results and more bang for your buck! :up:

Last edited:

BrownEyez22

I was just looking at this in the BSS today on my lunch break. I wanted to come on here first and see if yall said anything about it.

And yes, I was at the BSS on my lunch break:lachen:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I loooooove that spray! It's so very moisturizing and smells yummy!

chebaby

i had no idea so many people on this board use these products. thats why i never purchased, because i never see a thread or post on these products.

aero21

The ingredients look great. I wish I could find such quality products in the BSSs around here.
me too.. i have been looking for a good detangler and also use cantu shea butter everyday so this would probably work well for rme. unfortuantely, my local BSS dosent carry many things out of the ordinary.

adw425

I had a half bottle left in my cabinet and I filled it up with rosewater. Oh my hair is so silky today...I can't stop touching it. Thanks for the tip.

I LOOOOOOVE this stuff. When the BSS near my house had a going out of business sale I bought all their bottles.

Cool tip - When it gets thick - add a little water to the bottle, shake it up and the results are the same. This allows you to get a good 25% more out of the bottle.

Also...if you are transitioning, are texlaxed or just have some new growth in general, I've learned that spraying this around your NG and the demarcation line helps a lot especially if you plan on flat ironing your hair.

And for you low manipulation folks - on those days where thick roots get a lil matted applying this directly on them makes running your fingers through your hair much easier.

Mind you I was also using Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner during this time and I suspect that this helped as well. So people who use shea butter - DEF add this to your regimen as a great compliment.

I've dubbed this product "The Great Nap Detangler"

I tried to use this on extensions but found Sta Sof Fro is best for braids and this - like you said is best on your hair.

just dont forget to water it down a wee bit....same great results and more bang for your buck! :up:

Queen_Earth

YES!! Oh my god I was using that stuff like crazy and so I bought a gallon size to refill the others...well my daughters thought it would be a good idea to turn the pool into a bubble bath using my damn Crinkles and Curls--I almost beat the brakes off them...b.u.t then realized I birthed them thus I must love them...thanks for the post though I need to RE-UP

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm runnin out of Juices & Berries and need to reup. Well, I remembered this post and ordered some Bodifying Mist instead :yay: I can't wait to get it and baggy with it :love4: I forgot how much I love this stuff! I could kick myself though, for forgetting to buy that dang setting lotion. Queen_Earth had me really wanting to try it, too :ohwell:

adw425

Her Natural Hair Center is about five blocks from my job. I am going to walk over there next week to buy the 32 ounce size for $20.00.

TheCoilWhisperer

I didn't know some many ladies were using this either. I've been using this for a while as a braid remover and it's the best.

I bought the infamous juices and berries but HATED IT on my hair!
Smells great... I use it as a room freshener if my boyfriend or I pass gas and that's were it stops.

I had to run up the block and re-up today since I'm taking this braids out.

OH, and I'm protein sensitive and it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier (8oz) delivered :)

Product Description:

Ingredients:

My Review:
PROS:
*great ingredients
*i paid about $8

CONS:

OMG - Where in Dallas can I get this?

vkb247

I love this product! Looking at the ingredients made me wonder if it would actually be moisturizing but I bought the 32 oz. anyway because of the great ingredients. This is a great leave in and I use it with some coconut oil under my ecostyler gel.

chebaby

i just started seeing these products in my local bss so i will pick up some of the crinkles and curls and the protective mist. i may even buy her deep conditioner.

a_shoe_6307

Her salon is here in Atlanta and I can never, never get an appointment! :wallbash:

I heard her products were good, but never heard anything about them.

Thanks for the heads up!

nikki2229

I saw the mist at my local BSS but I didn't buy it.
Are you ladies using it as a detangler and then washing it out or using it as a leave in?
Does anyone use it before flat ironing?

Ms Lala

I have been wanting to try this but it's hard to find out here. Maybe I'll check it out.

I've been using this since my BC in April.

Good stuff.

Does anyone else have problems with the spray not working (sometime-ish)?

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I picked up a few of her products today at a BSS in the next city! I'm so excited. I'll use it on my dd and mom since they are both natural and myself once I get my braids.

growth2come

Nice timing....I saw this at my local beauty store and was wondering if any ladies here might have used it....might be paying them a visit soon!

aliceo

The mist is really great. I used it years ago, forgot about it and then re-discovered it about 3 months ago. Really nice silky, moisturized hair. The medicated version doesn't smell too good though.