RAVE: Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier!!!

Aggie

I LOOOOOOVE this stuff. When the BSS near my house had a going out of business sale I bought all their bottles.

Cool tip - When it gets thick - add a little water to the bottle, shake it up and the results are the same. This allows you to get a good 25% more out of the bottle.

Also...if you are transitioning, are texlaxed or just have some new growth in general, I've learned that spraying this around your NG and the demarcation line helps a lot especially if you plan on flat ironing your hair.

And for you low manipulation folks - on those days where thick roots get a lil matted applying this directly on them makes running your fingers through your hair much easier.

Mind you I was also using Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner during this time and I suspect that this helped as well. So people who use shea butter - DEF add this to your regimen as a great compliment.

I've dubbed this product "The Great Nap Detangler"

I tried to use this on extensions but found Sta Sof Fro is best for braids and this - like you said is best on your hair.

just dont forget to water it down a wee bit....same great results and more bang for your buck! :up:

Okay that's it, I'm getting this - lot's of it :giggle:.

DeepBluSea

I saw some in CVS. I was wondering if it was any good since it is being mass produced, but based on the recs I'm giving it a try.

MizzCoco

I saw her products in my local BSS today, and I picked up the kids moisturizing detangling lotion, and I love it! So of course I had to come on here and research the rest of the products! I want this mist...so I'm going back tomorrow for more!

Sade'

There is something about this product that I can't put my finger on. On the front of the bottle it says that it "coats hair"...not sure what that means but I do find that my hair is sticky when I use it. It detangles very well BUT I found that my hair does not revert to its natural curl pattern since I began using it. It seems stringy...this is the only new product that I have used in the last month. So I have laid off of it for the last week. Tonight I am going to use some ORS Creamy Aloe to remove the build up that I believe the TW Mist has left. My hair is very slick and I don't like the way it feels. Also I would like to know what the "ancient formula" that she has listed in the ingredients really is. I am glad that it is working for some of you ladies. But maybe it's not for me. Could it be the protein?
I will just stick to Pantene relaxed and natural or Joico Moisture recovery for detangling.

NaturallyMo

I'm not sure if someone has posted this yet, but select CVS were testing Taliah Waajid products including the Protective Mist Bodifier. I checked the one near me when I first heard about it and sure enough, they had them. I decided against purchasing then, now I hope they're still carrying them.

Marhia

this is good to know, i just bought a bunch of her products online to try in DD's hair and DH's i'm supposed to get them today so i will see how that goes

MahoganyJazz

I wanted to order some to take my twists out. I can't buy a product when the shipping is more than the cost of what I want. :nono: I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

adw425

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Where are you? Here in the West End, I can practically buy it on every street corner as her Natural Hair Center is about eight blocks from my job and there are several beauty supply stores and CVS along the way. I am lucky here in Atlanta where you can also buy such things as unrefined shea butter, also practically on every street corner. I drove over a couple weeks ago and bought the liter size ($21.60) of the protective mist bodifier, so I am a happy camper because the eight ounce size is $7.99, so definitely more bang for the buck. I love the stuff.

Chameleonchick

I lurve this stuff!! lol. I just started using this stuff about hmm two weeks ago. It smells so good and there is NO Glycerin in it which I love!! I bought two 8oz bottles but when I run out I will be buying the liter size.

La Colocha

I have been using this since september when i purchased it. Its my staple leave in and i still love it just as much as i did when i first tried it. I dilute mine 2oz of product + 6oz of water in a spray bottle. This may help some that find it too sticky.

naijamerican

I bought this stuff last October thanks to you ladies. It is now a staple product in my hair care regimen. I fill an empty spray bottle with about 40% rosewater and 60% of the bodifier. I love it. :yep:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I've been eyeing these products for years and years and never bought them due to the lack of reviews on LHCF. I have them in my BSS's all over town. I'm getting deeper into my stretch and need products like this to help keep my hair nice and moisturized.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Where are you? Here in the West End, I can practically buy it on every street corner as her Natural Hair Center is about eight blocks from my job and there are several beauty supply stores and CVS along the way. I am lucky here in Atlanta where you can also buy such things as unrefined shea butter, also practically on every street corner. I drove over a couple weeks ago and bought the liter size ($21.60) of the protective mist bodifier, so I am a happy camper because the eight ounce size is $7.99, so definitely more bang for the buck. I love the stuff.

Next time I'm home in the ATL, I'm going over to meet you in the West End so that we can hang out and spend all our money on hair products! :giggle:

MahoganyJazz

if you check her website, it gives the locations of CVS's that carry her stuff.

2525 Oakwood Ave. Huntsville, AL 35810

this was on the website

Thank you! I was gonna stop by there tonight! I just left the one across the street from my job this morning! They didn't have it... booooo!

Last edited:

ctosha

Is there any protein sensitive ladies using this with no problems? I bought 2 bottles the other day based on rave reviews for this product. I did see in the posts in this thread there were protein sensitive ladies who had no issues wanted to know if there were any more ladies.