RAVE: Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier!!!

Ms Lala

Has anyone found this in the dallas fort worth area? I tried a couple of locations listed on the site and they didn't even know about Taliah Waajid's products.

tailormade84

Has anyone found this in the dallas fort worth area? I tried a couple of locations listed on the site and they didn't even know about Taliah Waajid's products.

3 SISTER'S BEATY SUPPLY in plano carries it
GIGI'S BEAUTY SUPPLY in dallas also carries it

good luck!!!

YankeeCandle

This popped up at my CVS a month ago (weirdly: even though it's a very Euro- and Asian-dominated area, the African-ancestry haircare section exploded literally overnight!) and I bought it after reading the ingredients.

I like it, but it's an acquired taste.

It has the most unusual texture; I've never felt anything like it in a leave-in: at once light yet dense, moist yet with a silky feel on the fingertips that is not quite oily...almost waxy. Maybe it's the bee's pollen?

Anyway, it coats my fine-textured 3-ish curls a bit too heavily for their own good, and I agree it is very thick: I will try diluting it with water likeyou all suggested.

It smells strongly of synthetic coconut fragrance but not in a bad way (to me). However, people sensitive to strong scents should be wary.

I'm happy with this purchase and will use it mixed with water to refresh my wash and go curls without providing "hold" (which I don't want). However, it does not beat the much lighter and more fluid S-Curl for my purposes (yes, I have grown to care for S-Curl, with Nonie's prodding/help :grin: ).

YankeeCandle

Is there any protein sensitive ladies using this with no problems? I bought 2 bottles the other day based on rave reviews for this product. I did see in the posts in this thread there were protein sensitive ladies who had no issues wanted to know if there were any more ladies.

Hi, I am protein-sensitive (if you mean I get a lot of breakage from continued protein product use) and so far, this has not caused a problem. But I've only used it 3-4 times.

newports

i just recieved my bottle yesterday & i will try this on freshly washed loose hair & plaits soon

Anacaona

^^^Your siggy is wild^^^^

Anyway, any ideas on how this would work for a transitioner? I'm about 16 weeks post and I used it my last wash on my length before blowdrying but it's just been sitting there.....

How do I make the most use of this project?

cocoagirl

han anyone seen this in Chicago? I have been to every CVS and beauty supply listed on Taliah's site and can't find it anywhere...

amalacoils83

I absolutely love this product been using it since last August and it's one of the few things that moisturizes my thick 4a/b hair. Will be stocking up, soon

ctosha

I absolutely love this product been using it since last August and it's one of the few things that moisturizes my thick 4a/b hair. Will be stocking up, soon

I just used this on freshly washed hair yesterday with JBCO and my hair is still soft today no need for me to remoisturize. Hopefully I have not spoken too soon but if this continues to work like it has been I have found all my staple products i will be through being a PJ.

newports

Well I tried it on my twa & I like it. It reminds me of a natural alternative to s curl. I also tried it on my plaits earlier today & it didnt detangle but my hair does feel soft & moisturized.

I'm on the fence about buying a gallon because if it had a lil more slip then it would be PERFECT. I think when its time to replait my hair i'll dilute a small batch in a seperate spray bottle with water & something else...maybe panthenol.

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
im just bumping cuz i am a fan! yeah for taliah! 4a/b hair will love it. seems like those with looser curls will have to dilute it. ahhh, i guess it'll just last longer for you then:) dont pass in the crinkles and curls either. i got mine from beauty of newyork within days.

ctosha

I just used this product last week when I washed and it did everything it said it would! I LOVE IT. I have finally found a leave in that works and it was only 6.99 Canadian. I have the herbal conditioner I will try that next.

neeki

One mo gen'...has anyone actually seen this product in Chicago?

I checked 4 of the downtown locations and they don't have it. I know they're not on the list, but I looked anyway. I bought mine from the Olympia Fields location, and that CVS isn't on the list either. Maybe you should just check the CVS site for locations that are near your home, job, school etc. It seems like a new one is opening up weekly, so one of them is bound to have it.

countrychickd

I tried this because of this thread and because of another review I saw on youtube, and I must say that this is the best thing I've done yet in my hair journey. This moisturizer really works. It's a staple for me now. My hair stays soft and moisturized for days. I love it.

Ms Lala

I am really liking this moisturizer. I have been ordering it online from TX beauty supply, I live in TX and usually get it w/n 2 days. I have found that I like it best on dry or slightly damp hair. It didn't do much for me on wet hair.

MizzCoco

I love this stuff! I was actually able to air dry, with out the hardness that I usually get from other leave ins. I had shine, softness and it actually seemed to straighten my hair a bit, which is fine by me. I'm relaxed, but I still have quite a bit of curl left in my hair. I dont like to airdry b/c my ends are always frizzy no matter what I do, but if this continues to work for me, I have found my staple leave in!

naijamerican

BUMP!!!

I wanted to know if there's any way to purchase either the 32 oz. or a gallon size of the bodifier mist, aside from the Taliah Waajid website. This stuff is awesome and I want to get it in a bigger size. :yep: TIA.

hair4romheaven

BUMP!!!

I wanted to know if there's any way to purchase either the 32 oz. or a gallon size of the bodifier mist, aside from the Taliah Waajid website. This stuff is awesome and I want to get it in a bigger size. :yep: TIA.

I actually go to her shop to purchase the gallon..she use to do my hair when she did hair. If u are not in the Atlanta area the website is the only way to get the gallon size. The gallon last me about 6-7mnths:yep:

moriahar

This stuff rocks my socks! Best moisturizer Ive EVER used. I only have to use it once every 2-4 days. Leaves my hair so moist and so so soooo soft! Its amazing. I can't wait til next payday so I can buy cvs out of the original formula.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Try her kids products too!! The poo, leave in and the hair creme and totally rock. I use them on me and dd.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I always look and pick up the products from this line but I never purchase. I don't know why. I think mainly because I NEVER hear any rave's for this line. Why yall on the hush hush about this one, lol. I'm gonna check this mist out on my next BSS visit.

lusciousladie07

Can some one post the ingredients? Is there an old formula and new formula? The one i saw in the BSS last time i went did not have the ingredients on the first page...