RAVES!! Elasta QP Products

adrienne0914

that link didn't work, but i'm assuming you mean the DPR-11 Deep Penetrating Remoisturizer. i'm gonna go to the beauty supply to see how many of these things i can find before i place my order.

YAY @ going to the beauty supply!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne

Armyqt

Adrienne, don't know why he link didn't work. Here's a picture of the penetrating moisturizer. It's on the 4th page of the elasta products. the DPR 11 is a conditioner which has the look and consistency of cholesterol. It's good for deep conditioning with plastic cap and heat .

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ArmyQT someone needs to come after you with a pair of handcuffs for all the P.J. enabling you are doing on this board!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kasey, you got me ROFL over here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif When they come, i'm gonna be like /images/graemlins/wasntme.gif

Also ladies Sally's has those profective creams on sale this month for $3.79 each. I was tempted, but didn't get one.

[/ QUOTE ] Looks like you're doing a little enabling of your own!! Hope the "PJ Patrol" brings an extra set of handcuffs!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Girl, I still have some of the Marine conditioner under my sink somewhere. I think halfway through the bottle, I discovered Elucence and Keracare. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne0914

LOL!... ok, this was the link:

http://is%20that%20the%20actual%20name/? i'm missing it on the site...

i went to the beauty supply, but they didn't have SO much of the stuff that i wanted to get. /images/graemlins/frown.gif i'm still gonna have to order online. i'll tell yall what i got when i get home (i'm at my parents house).

adrienne

adrienne0914

okay, here is the stuff that i bought:

• Elasta QP Dandruff Shampoo
• Elasta QP H-Two Leave-In
• Elasta QP DPR-11
• Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel
• World of Curls Regular
• Drawstring Ponytail
• 2 applicator bottles

all of it cost $38.02. i can't wait to try the gel in my activator mix because it smells SOO good, and glycerine is the second ingredient. i also want to try the DPR-11 with my heating cap. it smells awesome too!

adrienne

pebbles

Looks like you're doing a little enabling of your own!! Hope the "PJ Patrol" brings an extra set of handcuffs!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ] LOL! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif You guys are killing me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

I had such a crap hair day yesterday and today it's not even funny.

ArmyQT thanks for the recommendations but neither did a damn thing for my hair. I even tried the S curl on it afterwards and it did NOTHING for my hair either, not a damn thing and that was surprising after all the raves on the board.

My boyfriend even tried it and hated the the S Curl as well, I didn't find it sticky like a lot of the ladies described. I was starting to believe that I have some alien hair or something cause nothing was working for me.

I guess it's back to my curl free gold and profectiv (purple) tub. I switched and bought the profectiv (yellow) tub and that's a pile of /images/graemlins/censored.gif also /images/graemlins/nono.gif I'm just trying to keep it together as I can't believe all the products I bought in the past 2 days have done zip for my hair. I'm tempted to cool down and give it another go once I get my relaxer cause my hair is misbehaving /images/graemlins/spank.gifright now and I can't even comb it all the way through to put it in a ponytail properly.

Look at me...I pray for more hair, I get it and my sorry behind is still complaining. /images/graemlins/nuts.gif I know I should be thankful because I'm never this bad and I last got a touch up 14th Jan, so the Biotin is kicking in real good.

I have the world of curls left to try, which I'll try this evening after my hair has dried a lil more, but the way I'm feeling, I feel to chuck it out before I've even begun.

Maybe these products will act better on my hair when I don't have so much growth and I've just picked a bad day to use them. Because I know I have to have 2-3 different shampoo/condition regimes depending on the amount of regrowth my hair has.

Just needed a lil vent /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

AAAAWWWW LD. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm sorry to hear about your bad hair day. Which products did you buy and how did you use them?

LondonDiva

ArmyQT I bought the Intense and I bought the leave in spray you recomemmended in your first post. I'm going to give the conditioner another chance only around the first 2 weeks after touch up time, because it's not moisturising enough when I'm battling the 2 textures. The leave in spray was OK, it did nothing phenomenal, I think the Kemi conditioning was far better as a leave in for me.

I used the Intence after I did an aphogee protein treatment and I think this didn't do the trick at all because it wasn't moist enough so I washed it out with breakthru shampoo and put on my ORS Hair mayo overnight instead, it just made my hair feel like /images/graemlins/nono.gif nothing special at all.

I'm tempted to go upstairs right now and wash my hair again, cause I'm not feeling it at all today.

Armyqt

LD, I think the Aphogee is what threw it off. Also my hair is super fine. When I put the Intense in my hair, the comb just falls through my hair. the next time u use it, try it alone, without the protein.

I have a ? for you. How often do u use the Aphogee? I thought this stuff was for people who had severe breakage?

Sounds like you're getting alot of growth quick. How much of the bitoin are u taking and how long have u been on them? I take 5mg and been using them for about 2 weeks now.

daviine

LondonDiva----

I primarily was using the S-curl just to put my hair in a ponytail. When I made my discovery about water + products to moisturize my ends, I think I used Carefree Gold that day. At any rate, when I tried the S-curl on my ends, it didn't do as good of a job as the CFC Gold. Maybe I didn't put enough or maybe it's too light to use in the winter.

I plan on trying it again in the summer, when I won't need as much to see if that works, But for now I really like the CFC gold. I like to pour the amount in my hand and I like the way my hair feels afterward. I didn't quite get the same thing with S-Curl. Go figure. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just wanted to know I feel ya. And as for products that everyone else raves about, when I get them, I have to wonder if I'm using them incorrectly or if I have alien hair too.

Oh well, at least I have products I know my hair likes.

daviine

I thought the Intense was a protein treatment. I think that's why I never bought it. I'm not sure though.

CynamonKis

Hi:

Hi Armyqt! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm not Londondiva but have been using intense protein treatments lately to remediate a breakage problem I have had with parts of my hair. Plus I, too, have superfine hair. The Aphogee manufacturers advise that Aphogee treatment for damaged hair only be used once every six weeks and it is supposed to stop hair breakage &amp; rebuild hair structure. Through my experience with it I found that it serves its purpose well but also that I needed to use something else during that 6-week time frame for my specific breakage problem.

CynamonKis

Londondiva,

When you're battling 2 textures of hair, don't you get the feeling that NOTHING quite works the way its supposed to until you get that touch up or do something else to tame the new growth?? Argh! I have found this quite frustrating.....

In reply to:
I had such a crap hair day yesterday and today it's not even funny.

ArmyQT thanks for the recommendations but neither did a damn thing for my hair. I even tried the S curl on it afterwards and it did NOTHING for my hair either, not a damn thing and that was surprising after all the raves on the board.

My boyfriend even tried it and hated the the S Curl as well, I didn't find it sticky like a lot of the ladies described. I was starting to believe that I have some alien hair or something cause nothing was working for me.

I guess it's back to my curl free gold and profectiv (purple) tub. I switched and bought the profectiv (yellow) tub and that's a pile of also I'm just trying to keep it together as I can't believe all the products I bought in the past 2 days have done zip for my hair. I'm tempted to cool down and give it another go once I get my relaxer cause my hair is misbehaving right now and I can't even comb it all the way through to put it in a ponytail properly.

Look at me...I pray for more hair, I get it and my sorry behind is still complaining. I know I should be thankful because I'm never this bad and I last got a touch up 14th Jan, so the Biotin is kicking in real good.

I have the world of curls left to try, which I'll try this evening after my hair has dried a lil more, but the way I'm feeling, I feel to chuck it out before I've even begun.

Maybe these products will act better on my hair when I don't have so much growth and I've just picked a bad day to use them. Because I know I have to have 2-3 different shampoo/condition regimes depending on the amount of regrowth my hair has.

Just needed a lil vent

CynamonKis

Adrienne, how is the glaze used, as a leave-in? Does it really give the hair shine?

In reply to:
the only thing that i've used is the Glaze. i love this product. i've been trying to find the Mango Butter, but they haven't had that particular product at the stores that i've gone to.

adrienne0914

cynamonkis, no the Glaze is like a gel. i use it on my edges with the bun. since it's been a minute since my last retouch, my edges are a little unruly. this helps to get them under control.

adrienne

LondonDiva

Armyqt said:
LD, I think the Aphogee is what threw it off. Also my hair is super fine. When I put the Intense in my hair, the comb just falls through my hair. the next time u use it, try it alone, without the protein.

I have a ? for you. How often do u use the Aphogee? I thought this stuff was for people who had severe breakage?

Sounds like you're getting alot of growth quick. How much of the bitoin are u taking and how long have u been on them? I take 5mg and been using them for about 2 weeks now.

[/ QUOTE ]

ArmyQT I TOTALLY agree with you 100% /images/graemlins/smile.gif This is why I'm not going to throw it away and give it another go, because with the Curl free gold activator I hated it at first and not it's become my best friend. It wasn't that bad but because of the aphogee I know that i didn't get the full benefit from it.

To answer you question I haven't used the Aphogee in over 6 months. I used it because of the relaxed hair/new growth syndrome I'm experiencing right now. I checked my diary this morning and it's been approx 6 weeks since my last touch up. Can you believe I was going to go as far as April, but I can barely manage 2 months and was really trying hair to go a lot longer, but the more "pressure" I put on my hair trying to get it to behave the more damage I'm inflicting on it, especially with the brush and smoothing the hair and the hairline and the nape (which I'm very paranoid about). I've tried it all and decided today to do a touch up. I've inspected the new growth in the mirror, just so I don't touch up for the sake of it, and it needs one again. I'm not too happy about it, but in the long run I'll suffer more damage trying to get the comb through it without loads of hair coming out.

I've been back on the biotin for about 3 weeks consistently and take a minimum of 5mg a day. I do take the marine protein by elite which is about $7.00 for a month's supply (comparable ingredients to Viviscal) but right now I only seem to down one of those a day. I'm not doing anything fancy with the vitamin regimen at all because I notice when i take NOTHING or very small amounts I get better results than when I bombard my system with everything under the sun.

I think I am going to add a centrum (one a day) Supplement today and carry on with the biotin and marine protein. I also want to add MSM back again to soften the new growth so that i can go that bit longer till touch up time and also add the twinlabs again, because that was a good source of protein which I have been lacking lately. I want to find a good oil supplement to take again (maybe EPO) again which i found made my skin radiant, and also I think, made my hair feel softer too.

Sorry for the rambling girl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

daviine said:
LondonDiva----

I primarily was using the S-curl just to put my hair in a ponytail. When I made my discovery about water + products to moisturize my ends, I think I used Carefree Gold that day. At any rate, when I tried the S-curl on my ends, it didn't do as good of a job as the CFC Gold. Maybe I didn't put enough or maybe it's too light to use in the winter.

I plan on trying it again in the summer, when I won't need as much to see if that works, But for now I really like the CFC gold. I like to pour the amount in my hand and I like the way my hair feels afterward. I didn't quite get the same thing with S-Curl. Go figure. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just wanted to know I feel ya. And as for products that everyone else raves about, when I get them, I have to wonder if I'm using them incorrectly or if I have alien hair too.

Oh well, at least I have products I know my hair likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean about the alien hair thing /images/graemlins/laugh.gif You feel a little weird cause loads of people have great sucess but it doesn't do a damn thing for your hair.

Daviine a lil tip for you with the CFC that works for me. I found on it's own it was great but once it dried it didn't feel as nice. What I do it use the profectiv (purple tub) on my hair with the CFC and it gives it a bigger moisture boost. None of the othe profectiv products works great on my hair, but this one. Give it a go.

LondonDiva

CynamonKis said:
Londondiva,

When you're battling 2 textures of hair, don't you get the feeling that NOTHING quite works the way its supposed to until you get that touch up or do something else to tame the new growth?? Argh! I have found this quite frustrating.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes yes yes yes. Even with a lil 1/4 inch regrowth the whole head of hair changes completely. You think you're going mad and then it's back to that smooth sleekness after a touch up. Go figure, cause I'm still trying to work it out. It makes me so mad more than anything. I was in such a bad mood yesterday I didn't even want to look at my hair. I even broke a hair rule of mine. I lay down on my boyfriend and he had a cotton T Shirt on and no satin pillow was present /images/graemlins/shocked.gif, do you think I cared. I wanted to get back at my hair for P-ing me off /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I even let him touch my hair which is a big nono. So I broke 2 rules. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I know I should be thankful because I'm never this bad and I last got a touch up 14th Jan, so the Biotin is kicking in real good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually Wed 8th january I had my last touch up, which will be approx 6 weeks on Wednesday.

daviine

Thanks for the tip Diva but I'm not sure I want to buy another moisturizing product just yet.....

But I know for sure the next time I go to the store, I'll gravitate to the Profective aisle, pick up the purple stuff and fight with myslef for about a good 5-10 minutes on whether or not I should buy the stuff.

It's like I got a devil and an angel on my shoulders (not sure who's the devil though--is it the one convincing me to buy the stuff or the one trying to talk me out? )

However, I'll definitely keep that in the back of mind (hopefully WAY back) though. Maybe another product that I have here already will have the similar effect.....

Thanks.....

Sindeee

I purchased the ELASTA QP H-TWO LEAVE-IN MOISTURE SEALING CONDITIONER &amp; QP DPR 11 yesterday, I have to say <font color="red">I LOVE IT</font> and they smells so good! I already had the QP Mango Butter but never really paid it any mind. I will purchase the rest of their prodct line today.

It's a great line and so affordable.

Thanks girls!!

Sindeee

Armyqt

Sindeee said:
I purchased the ELASTA QP H-TWO LEAVE-IN MOISTURE SEALING CONDITIONER &amp; QP DPR 11 yesterday, I have to say <font color="red">I LOVE IT</font> and they smells so good! I already had the QP Mango Butter but never really paid it any mind. I will purchase the rest of their prodct line today.

It's a great line and so affordable.

Thanks girls!!

Sindeee

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Sindee. I'm glad you liked the Elasta QP. How did u use the products!! What gravitated me towards the line was all the natural ingredients they have in ALL their products. The best thing about it is they're sooo cheap. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

okay, i finally found a beauty supply that carries a decent selection of Elasta QP products. here is what i picked up today:

• Mango Butter
• Intense Conditioner
• Recovery Oil Moisturizer

i used the Recovery on my hair today. i just LOVE this stuff!! i think i'm gonna use it as my leave-in. have you tried it?

adrienne

Amethyst

Thanks for your review Armyqt. I think I'm gonna try the mango butter because I hear so much about it. Darn it. I think I'll try the whole line /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I was putting my funds towards something else, but your review has piqued my curiosity. I'll post my review. I'm shutting this computer down. Between you and LondonDiva with that Profectiv line, yall gonna have me broke.

LondonDiva

adrienne0914 said:

i used the Recovery on my hair today. i just LOVE this stuff!! i think i'm gonna use it as my leave-in. have you tried it?

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]Oh Adrienne don't /images/graemlins/nono.gif couldn't you say it was a hot mess in your hair. I'm tempted again to go to the store. I've been good this week and left my wallet at home all week. The only time I took it out was to buy my sophisticates magazine. I've only spent £2.50 this week and I'm afraid what will happen if i go to the hair store.

Amethyst, you won't feel so bad once you find they work well for you (here's hoping) they are cheap along with the profectiv line but I can see where you're coming from.

adrienne0914

londondiva, don't feel bad. at least this line is less expensive than others. i only paid $2.99 for the Recovery. i'm like amethyst. i think i'm gonna try the whole line now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

LondonDiva

Right, ArmyQT I've tried the Intense and I'm going keep it. I had to really CLEAN the activator off my hair with the bodyfying shampoo real good before I used it. It's light, cheap, but the only downside is I need loads to saturate my hair. No problem though. I'll get the BIG bottle when I go to North London in the next 2 weeks.

I picked up their Creme conditioning shampoo (no sulfates) and I am going to try that today and see how it works. So I'll post a review on that one later.

I was tempted to try the Recovery but I'm not sure what it's supposed to be for /images/graemlins/confused.gif or if anyone has had good results with it. It smelled just like the intense, and looked like a conditioner.

I know Adrienne has used this but i can't remember if she said it was an oil. I dunno if I was even looking at the right thing.

BTW does anyone use the Elasta QP Silk? I don't use heat on my hair, but I was wondering if it acts like a good detangler or something like the H-Two. Lemme know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

Hey LD, glad to know you finally arrived at a verdict. And a good one at that. As for the Silk, are you talking about the Power Silk? I have that one, and it's a gel. I use it on my daughters hair.