Re: ~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition Cycle 2~*~*

BlackGeisha

Tomorrow is the last day to join, have your name added to the list and be entered to win a 4 oz bottle of Jamaican Black Castor Oil! Join now before it's too late! :drunk:

ElegantPearl17

I would say it is a little straighter than texlaxed but not bone straight, I use a regular lye relaxer and I follow the instructions on the specified time to leave it in (15-20min) and it never gets bone straight. It comes out somewhat wavy and that's fine w/ me it helps me keep some thickness. My ends are bone straight though from b4 my hair journey I'm gonna cut them off little by little.

I usually do pincurls at night and in the morning I put it in a cute pin up style for work. Some times I pull it into a high pony tail w/ the curls hanging down. I also do Bantu Knots and braid outs, I'll usually pull it into a cute updo or a high ponytail.

I rarely wear my hair out when I do the high pony tail it's like once a week.

I hardly ever wear the pin curls, bantu knots or braid outs loose I usually pin them up. I like having the curls or waves cuz it just looks like I spent more time on my hair than I actually did and it's much more interesting than just pulling it up in a bun.

Recently I've been wearing a high bun similar to how a ballerina wears her hair b/c I'm trying to stretch.

sorry I wrote an essay :look: lol!

Thanks BG for the info! Do you have a place where you have your entire hair reggie. I'm trying to figure out if we are hair twins...:grin: I do love your PS! Do you have any more pics?

Newtogrow

I will be applying at least 2x a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays which are usually the days before wash day. This challenge fit nicely into my evolving regimen!!!!

exubah

I'm still keeping up with my JBCO applications....just did it this morning. I just cut 3.5" a couple of days ago so I'm not touching MBL anymore. On a good note though, my ends look a helluva lot more even!!!

BlackGeisha

Thanks BG for the info! Do you have a place where you have your entire hair reggie.

I sure do, my regimen is located in my blog everything is still the same the only difference is I rotate between 4 shampoo's the Nexxus, Hair One, Joico KPak and Joico Moisture Recovery.

I'm trying to figure out if we are hair twins...:grin: I do love your PS! Do you have any more pics?

I have an album in my profile with my progress pics, hair style pics, and newgrowth pics.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or PM me. :yep:

SelfStyled

I will be applying at least 2x a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays which are usually the days before wash day. This challenge fit nicely into my evolving regimen!!!!

Your hair grows so fast:blush:- wowsers.

Just wanted to say that I feel like the JBCO is helping my hair to thicken up. I have been using JBCO since March, and it took about 4 months to notice- but my hair feels thicker and heavier.

I did not notice this thickening effect with regular clear/yellow CO, btw.

silenttullip

My oil finally arrived I'm so excited. :) I'll add it to my water oil mix and do my scalp on wash days which is 2x a week YAAAAAY it's a CASTOROPHY

grow

i've had the jbco in my dc overnight, and can't wait to cowash it off and apply some fresh, again!

e.lauren

Too late for the drawing but I wish to do it with you guys anyway. Starting picture :

Taken July 12,2010

My hair currently is shoulder length straightened (sorry i dont have a pic of this) and in the picture my hair is air dried and styled in an afro :) .. I will be using JBCO.

BlackGeisha

Too late for the drawing but I wish to do it with you guys anyway. Starting picture :

Taken July 12,2010

My hair currently is shoulder length straightened (sorry i dont have a pic of this) and in the picture my hair is air dried and styled in an afro :) .. I will be using JBCO.

:welcome: glad to have you!

exubah

Still applying my JBCO, I'm hoping to gain back those 3.5" (with blunt ends) before the end of December!

grow

I join got mine, how long do you massage it in? Do you mix it with anything? Does it melt in well? Does it ever make your scalp greasy? Only used mine once so far

glad you got yours, Silenttulip!:yep:
i massage nightly for at least 15 minutes and yes, it absorbs very well, especially with the massage.
i never get the greasy scalp thing, but then again, with the summer, i've been cowashing daily, so there is never any buildup.
at night i also apply M-T-G, so both are on when i massage (the jbco goes on in the morning after my cowash....that way, even walking around in the sun is like getting a "hot oil" treatment at the same time!:lick:)

hth, hhj!

BlackGeisha

I join got mine, how long do you massage it in? Do you mix it with anything? Does it melt in well? Does it ever make your scalp greasy? Only used mine once so far

I only massage when I do hot oil treatments, otherwise I just apply it. I never mix mine, but their are challengers who mix their CO with another oil. When I apply it is absorbed, if your scalp or hair is overly greasy, you are using too much.

Last edited:

steffiejoe

Still applying My JBCO twice a week. I have a sample of Bee Mine serum and thinking about mixing some together.

Not sure how that will smell though...

naturalgyrl5199

Decided to add JBCO to my DC yesterday. Nice results!!!!

I added the CO to my DC last week...of course I am in Love :love:

I DC'd for 20 hours and didn't have to add anything (other than a little Condish for my ends) the whole week. If I didn't like washing my hair so much and working out I could have gone maybe another week without needing to co-wash or anything for moisture.....! I DC'd only 4 hours this time!

grow

hi ladies!

i am amazed at how this jbco (i mix eo's in as well) has filled in my hairline and nape/edges!!!

it's just been a matter of months, but the inches are adding up thanks to this very useful application!

thanks again, BG, for keeping this thread going so well!!!

hhg ladies!

MzV1991

still using my lovely castor oil right now im mostly focusing on my ends and adding the castor oil to my DC!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
hi ladies!

i am amazed at how this jbco (i mix eo's in as well) has filled in my hairline and nape/edges!!!

it's just been a matter of months, but the inches are adding up thanks to this very useful application!

thanks again, BG, for keeping this thread going so well!!!

hhg ladies!
What eo's do you mix in with it? Any special secret/method on getting this to work b/c I don't see any results just yet and have used it pretty routinely for about a month. I've even mixed it with evoo, but still -- nothing to rave about.

grow

What eo's do you mix in with it? Any special secret/method on getting this to work b/c I don't see any results just yet and have used it pretty routinely for about a month. I've even mixed it with evoo, but still -- nothing to rave about.

hi Divachyk! i got the orginal recipie from doing a search on here (i think Nonnie is the lady who posted, if you want to do that search), and it grew out her edges in a matter of months, too!

i put drops of: cedarwood, thyme, lavender and rosemary in my jbco glass jar, shake it up and apply it massaging it in every night.

i started at the time of the picture on the left of my siggy and can vouch for the fact that it really does work.:yep:

i do believe consistency is key, though.:rolleyes: (oh, and patience....)

HTH!

BlackGeisha

I applied my CO yesterday (wash day) I also added CO to my shampoo and mixed it in my hand and washed my hair with it lol! :grin: Everyone was raving about that new JBCO shampoo and I tried a cheat way of making some so I wouldn't buy one more thing.:grin: lol!:lachen: