Re: ~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition Cycle 2~*~*

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
hi Divachyk! i got the orginal recipie from doing a search on here (i think Nonnie is the lady who posted, if you want to do that search), and it grew out her edges in a matter of months, too!

i put drops of: cedarwood, thyme, lavender and rosemary in my jbco glass jar, shake it up and apply it massaging it in every night.

i started at the time of the picture on the left of my siggy and can vouch for the fact that it really does work.:yep:

i do believe consistency is key, though.:rolleyes: (oh, and patience....)

HTH!
Yes, Nonie was the poster and I'm familiar with that. Just making sure you didn't have another technique in mind. I needa buy the eo's to make the potion suggested by Nonie.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I finished my "Laxative" castor oil. Now I'm working on my JBCO. I don't like the smell of this stuff...it smells like ashes and its a bit thinner than the other one. We shall see how it goes...

silenttullip

I am in LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE with jbco. Even on my flat ironed hair it softens and makes it so lovely and although it's heavy it just seaps in after a few hours doesn't leave a yucky sticky feeling. Worth every peeny now if I can just seem growth I'll be in love

grow

i'm going out in the sun alot today so i'm going to saturate my hair in jbco so the sun can give me that extra "hot oil treatment" boost while i'm at it!

naturalgyrl5199

I've already about run out....well thats because I spilled some the other day...:(
But I have been using it religiously. I add it to my DC, and with my leave in for twisting (to seal)....I am so excited to see some results!

Still using my JBCO and MT mixture every other night:) It's kind of hard keeping up with my oiling schedule this week. I'm hosting my family reunion this week, so I've been running around trying to get evrything together while packing for an interstate move:(

charmtreese

Can someone please tell me whats wrongs with Hollywood Castor Oil ? :perplexed

I don't think that there is anything necessarily wrong with it, my dad uses it and he loves it. However, its not 100% castor oil which is what most people in this challenge are using.

BlackGeisha

Can someone please tell me whats wrongs with Hollywood Castor Oil ? :perplexed

I don't think that there is anything necessarily wrong with it, my dad uses it and he loves it. However, its not 100% castor oil which is what most people in this challenge are using.

yeh, not to knock Hollywood Beauty but we're only using 100% castor oil

Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Ingredients: Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex (Castor Oil, Mink Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Jojoba Oil, Paraffin Oil, Safflower Oil, Lanolin, Cocoa Butter, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
still using jbco, edges filling in nicely. too bad i didn't take a true before pic...oh well. i took a pic the other day to use as a reference and will do a side by side comparison in a month.

steffiejoe

I used my JBCO on my scalp twice this week. I have also started using it to help smooth down my edges with a little gel. So far so good. After I apply the gel and JBCO , I tie my edges down with a scarf, while I finish getting ready for work. When I take the scarf off my edges are wavy and smooth.

Rossy2010

I applied my mixture last night :) i like what JBCO is doing to my hair. looking forward to get 2" growth end of the challenge.

Misshairdiva

I had a gallon of this stuff I ordered last year from reading about castor oil on here. Now I remember WHY I didn't use it... THE SMELL!!! How do ya'll ladies get past the smell? Last night I decided to put some on my hair and omg.. I was like do I really want this funky smelling stuff on my head before I go to sleep? At this point I am even tempted to buy a fragrance oil to mask the smell!

MzV1991

still using my castor oil!!!!! I was applying to my ends for a while but nw im back to applying a lil on my scalp and doing my scalp massages

Rossy2010

I had a gallon of this stuff I ordered last year from reading about castor oil on here. Now I remember WHY I didn't use it... THE SMELL!!! How do ya'll ladies get past the smell? Last night I decided to put some on my hair and omg.. I was like do I really want this funky smelling stuff on my head before I go to sleep? At this point I am even tempted to buy a fragrance oil to mask the smell!

I mix mine with some paper mint oil :)

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Mini Update:

Still oiling my hair and scalp daily with JBCO. I don't think I will ever stop. I've been using it on my daughter's hair (16 months old) and it has really grown out her hair. She used to have the "bald baby" thing going on with the back and sides of her hair. It really has come a long way. Can't believe the challenge ends next month. Time is flying.

MzV1991

Just reporting that of course im still applying to my scalp and OMG! Im like 4 months post relaxer and this stuff is making my new growth look like a forest. My new growth is sooooo much thicker than the rest of my hair

ojemba

BUMP

I've been lurking and just jbco 2x a week in my regemin. I'm
curious how everyone is progressing.

I hope this challenge restarts again in sept. I will def join.

steffiejoe

I have to be honest, since using wheat germ oil I have slacked on using my JBCO. I still use it daily to help slick down my edges ( mixed with gel) but no longer massage my scalp like I did at first.
I have got to get back on track..,.

BlackGeisha

I have to be honest, since using wheat germ oil I have slacked on using my JBCO. I still use it daily to help slick down my edges ( mixed with gel) but no longer massage my scalp like I did at first.
I have got to get back on track..,.

:bat::bat::bat:
what is this now about wheat germ oil???

j/k

I've been eyeing that wheat germ oil too for hot oil treatments, but I have to use up my stash before I purchase. lol! :grin:

BlackGeisha

The JBCO smells burnt but the cold pressed castor oil shouldn't have an odor, at least mine doesn't. :perplexed

j/k

I've been eyeing that wheat germ oil too for hot oil treatments, but I have to use up my stash before I purchase. lol! :grin:

Hey BG! You should really consider incorporating WGO in your reggie. I actually have it mixed in my JBCO mix. Me likey and so does my hair:)

SelfStyled

BG- I think many have jumped on the wheat germ oil kick- because of it having ceramides. It's so easy to add ceramides to your reggie with an oil, cause youcan prepoo with it, seal, add to dc's or moisturizers.

I wanted to add some ceramides to my reggie, so I am now sealing with a sunflower JBCO mix. I can not give up my JBCO, because the results have been GREAT as far as my hair getting thicker. JBCO for life.

steffiejoe

j/k

Guilty as charged:blush:
You should try it, I have seen a big improvement especially with my ends.

exubah

Man I have beeen slacking horribly....................I have to buckle up and get with the program!!!

BlackGeisha

Hey BG! You should really consider incorporating WGO in your reggie. I actually have it mixed in my JBCO mix. Me likey and so does my hair:)

I've really been eyeing that wheat germ oil.

BG- I think many have jumped on the wheat germ oil kick- because of it having ceramides. It's so easy to add ceramides to your reggie with an oil, cause you can prepoo with it, seal, add to dc's or moisturizers.

Your so right, I was thinking the same thing: hot oil treatments, pre pooing w/ it and adding it to dc's.

I wanted to add some ceramides to my reggie, so I am now sealing with a sunflower JBCO mix. I can not give up my JBCO, because the results have been GREAT as far as my hair getting thicker. JBCO for life.

Anything for more thickness, that's my motto! :grin:

Guilty as charged:blush:
You should try it, I have seen a big improvement especially with my ends.

That's it, off to the store. :driver:
btw- where did you ladies purchase your wheat germ oil? I was thinking either Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe.

(totally off topic) everytime I see WGO I think Wild Growth Oil! :lachen:

Man I have beeen slacking horribly....................I have to buckle up and get with the program!!!

:bat:

unacceptable!

j/k :lachen:

SelfStyled

I purchased my WGO( I always think Wild Growth oil too) from Camden Grey online- but Whole Paycheck(Foods) does have it and the Vitamin Shop does too.