Reason why stylists are scissor happy

moneychaser

I was searching for some DRC and came across the Hair Doctors site.
I'm mad at him for selling fake designer bags on his website.[/
He does that weave molding/hard weave technique that I mentioned awhile back.

Q - 9). Hairstylists are always scissor happy when it comes to trimming your ends. Why do they lie and say they are trimming when they are really cutting?
To answer this question properly we must understand what a split end is and what it takes to stop it. A split end is one strand of hair (due to heat/chemical damage) that has began to split into two strands in a downward direction until it has formed different areas that resemble bald spots or broken off spots. Split ends will sometimes be confused with frizzy hair, which will cause some people to think they can put a hot iron, hot oil, or just some form of heat and oil to get rid of the frizzy look. Not realizing that the heat is actually doing more to help the splitting to increase. Split ends cannot be mended; they must be cut right where the splitting has stopped. Split ends cannot be camouflaged; they will just keep splitting if you cut above where the splitting has stopped. Therefore, if you have allowed your split ends to split further down than a half inch then stop requesting a trim and ask for a haircut that will stop the splitting. Maybe now your can be a better judge on whether your stylist is scissor happy or whether you are happy with that long hair with those long split ends that look like little hands waving at the ends. You find out, on my Service page, that any type of cutting that is more than a half-inch is a cut (not a trim).

I am going to try this next time I get a touch-up.
Q - 5). Does placing conditioner on your hair before relaxing prevent over processing?
Yes, this process is called a conditioner-filler and you must use only a protein product. The condition-filler is applied over the entire head when the hair is dry. It is used only on over-porous or slightly damaged hair and it protects it from being over-processed on any part of the hair shaft. You must use a comb or your hands when applying the conditioner-filler, and you start from the scalp to the hair ends. Finally, towel dry the hair or use a cool dryer to completely dry the hair, avoid the use of heat, because it will open the pores of the scalp and cause irritation or injury to the scalp.

Q -10). My hair sheds a lot. Is that bad?
______A - The shedding of hair is a very natural process for animals as well as human beings and basically for the same reason, to make room for the new hair. Normal shedding of hair in a human being is 50 to 80 strands a day. So when you get a hairstyle that has kept for 7 to 14 days without you touching it. You will have an estimated 350 to 1120 strands of hair that would released itself from the bulb, this is why you go into panic mode on that 8th or 15th day. The real funny thing about this unnecessary panic mode is the person will see all the hair they have shedded, yet overlook all the hair and all its thickness that's still there. Shedding should be considered abnormal when the numbers are above 80 strands a day and thinning has began to occur. Finally every person will go through a major shedding process every 2 to 4 years and this too must be factored in with your judgment concerning shedding.

Q - 7). Will "No Lye" or store bought relaxers cause damage to my hair?
_____A - All relaxers have a shelf life, which determines when the relaxer should be discarded. Most people who purchase "No lye" or store bought relaxers never think to enquire about the shelf life of that relaxer. So they take this affordable box of relaxer home, apply it to their hair and often wonder why their hair feels not totally straight, chalky, or dry even when its wet. You see, most "No Lye" or store bought relaxers have a calcium base and after the shelf life has expired the calcium level has increased, because the other ingredients have decreased. Which leaves your hair with a considerable amount of calcium build-up on the cuticle and hair shaft. Calcium is a very dry substance and although it is good for many different internal organs and bone structures, it is not so healthy on hair.

- 3). The longer you leave the relaxer in, the straighter your hair will get?
_____A - All relaxers have a "Do not exceed time" most range from 15 minutes to 18 minutes (depending on the hair texture). This time starts from the time you begin applying the relaxer. When you exceed this recommended time the relaxer actually starts to over process the hair and reverses from a straight look to a wavy look and if this hair is not professionally treated soon, it will start thinning and feeling like a rubber band or what Cosmetologist call "Porous". This porous look can also resemble new growth when it is dry and this is why many people will think its time for another relaxer when its not.

Q - 4). If a relaxer didn't take can you put another one in two weeks later?
_____A - A relaxer is a very strong chemical that must be applied by a professional, once this chemical is applied to your hair, how well it straightens or didn't straighten has nothing to do with determining if you have the chemical in your hair or not. When the chemical was applied the chemical took, therefore applying the same chemical process on top of that newly applied relaxer sooner than 4 to 6 weeks will put your hair in a high-risk condition of over processing.
Many people believe that because they have been performing a wrong process for years and nothing has happened to them it means that nothing will happen. This is a false hope and all it means is that hair damage can take longer to be revealed in some than others, but I assure you that each person feels the same pain when it is revealed no matter how long it takes.

Q - 7). Will "No Lye" or store bought relaxers cause damage to my hair?
_____A - All relaxers have a shelf life, which determines when the relaxer should be discarded. Most people who purchase "No lye" or store bought relaxers never think to enquire about the shelf life of that relaxer. So they take this affordable box of relaxer home, apply it to their hair and often wonder why their hair feels not totally straight, chalky, or dry even when its wet. You see, most "No Lye" or store bought relaxers have a calcium base and after the shelf life has expired the calcium level has increased, because the other ingredients have decreased. Which leaves your hair with a considerable amount of calcium build-up on the cuticle and hair shaft. Calcium is a very dry substance and although it is good for many different internal organs and bone structures, it is not so healthy on hair.

http://www.talkhair.com/Q&A.htm

Last edited: