Receding hairline

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Phillygryl, May 4, 2010.

1. Phillygryl

Phillygryl Member

Still struggling with my edges. It is not bare, some of the hair has come in, but it is still very short!!! I have been using minoval and recently because I got desperate, Rogaine. I haven't been able to get to the board as much as I would like but I know the people on the board have cutting edge information. Any news

2. Fhrizzball

Fhrizzball Well-Known Member

Doesn't Rogaine once you come off it the hair falls out? As for me essential oils, JBCO, low manipulation did wonders. What styles are you pulling your hair into and do you hear headbands and scarves alot?

3. YaniraNaturally

YaniraNaturally WL-HL???

Media:
    Albums:
    My hairline is somewhat damaged as well. I have a semi bald spot under where my bangs are. Also about an inch to the right and left is thin but not as bad. My damage is the result of scraping back my edges with hard brushes and sleeping with a cotton wrap on.

I'm sorry, I won't be of much help yet but I have been taking biotin for almost three weeks now so it's still too early. I also just started Megatek Friday so nothing yet there either.

I cosign on the JBCO; when I was consistent with it my hair took off (but for some reason I never used it on my edges?).

What's your vitamin reggie looking like?

4. BronxMyth

BronxMyth Member

Dont use Rogain. Once you stop using it, you will be back to square one. Don't relax the area. Just try to keep that area moisturized and seal it, as with the rest of your hair. I see castor (sp?) oil is very good for thickness. I use Una Oxydizing (sp?) Drops. Scalp drops may help. Just be paitent (sp?) and baby those areas. It may take a few months. Sorry, my spelling has never been on point. Smh.

5. Phillygryl

Phillygryl Member

Thanks everyone for the info. Yes I do wear my hair back and with scarves. What is JBCO??
    Vitamins I take are Country Life Maxi hair, shen min, but not too consistently and fish oil. I was looking into the copper peptides, anyone have any experience with these. Thanks again

6. EMJazzy

EMJazzy overworked and underpaid

Jamaican Black Castor Oil

7. locabouthair

locabouthair Well-Known Member

If it's possible try not to wear the scarves and avoid pulling your hair back. My temples thinned out by me not wearing my hair pulled back too much. if you keep wearing them same style, the thinning will probably get worse.