Received my Asha's products

cocopuff

..... last week and I have been trying them out since then. I admit that I was a little bit skeptical about these products but I went ahead and ordered the Heavenly Hair Pudding ( 4 oz.), the Mane Attraction (4 oz.), and the Coco de Leche (4 oz.). All of the products work really well. I particularly can't keep my hand out of my jar of Heavenly Hair Pudding, the consisitency is light and creamy, which makes for easy application and the smell is light but kinda sweet (I think it has mango butter in it and the smell reminds me of that). Needless to say that I will be reordering htis product in the 8 oz. size when I run out.

The Coco de Leche is a pretty thick hair lotion that is very moisturizing and keeps my natural 4a hair shiny and manageable. I have heard alot of people say that this product smells like banana or coconut, but I think it smells mostly like the orange oil that it contains. I smell a few different fragrances when I sniff the bottle, which gives it an exotic fragrance, but the orange oil stands out the most. I think I will reorder the larger size of this when I run out as well.

The Mane Attraction has a really nice, smooth texture and I can see why people compare it to Carol's Daughter's Healthy Hair Butter because it has a similar color, fragrance and packaging. However, I will have to say that, in my opinion, the Mane Attraction is much better. I don't think it is as greasy as the Hair Butter and I definately prefer the texture of the Mane Attraction to that of the Hair Butter. The texture is alot smoother and a little creamier and it is easier to smooth onto my hair. I have not designated a use for this product yet, but I used it to do my two-strand twists a couple of days ago and I will see how they turn out when I undo them in a couple more days. If I reorder this, I will probably get the same 4 oz. size because a little bit of this goes a long way for me, seeing as I will probably just use this to twist my hair.

Overall, I really enjoy my products and I am no longer as skeptical about Asha's. I have placed a second order for the Silk Rose Leave-in conditoiner, The Roots Stimulating serum, and the Shea What?! pomade and am patiently waiting for them to arrive. I hope that I like these products as well, otherwise I'm sure I can find someone to hand them off to.

landakaye

OH I got mine a few weeks ago and LOVE them. I was having trouble keeping my dry hair moisturized but the Asha's stuff did the trick. I just recently placed another order also! Thanks for the review.

Nyambura

surfer girl
:yep: I am also a fan of Asha's products. :up: Although I am relaxed they work wonderfully in my hair. They keep my hair moisturized through the dry winter and kept it moisturized and soft as well in the Arizona heat. Plus, it made my hair shiny but not in an oily way. :) I love using Mane Attraction, either to slick back my bun or to do bantu knots...and it keeps the waves all day, after I unleash the knots. A bonus for me, since my nose is now über-sensitive, is that it's not too perfume-y.

oglorious1

Mixologist
Got mine too, I just keep sniffing them, they smell sooooo good, I keep lurking the site to see what I'm going to sniff next, you definintely have to buy the Silk Rose Elixir, that stuff smell good enought to eat....

cocopuff

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

@ oglorious- I ordered the Silk Rose in my last order. I am now waiting for it to arrive. I hope I like it because I hate to waste money.

so1913

cocopuff said:
Thanks for your replies, everyone.

@ oglorious- I ordered the Silk Rose in my last order. I am now waiting for it to arrive. I hope I like it because I hate to waste money.

You'll love it! I'm on my 4th bottle and can't live without it!

cocopuff

so1913 said:
You'll love it! I'm on my 4th bottle and can't live without it!

Thanks, I see you are really enthusiastic about this product. I also ordered the Roots serum because I ran out of oil for my scalp and because of Asha's testimonial over the phone, and I ordered the Shea Waht?! pomade becasue it contains shea butter, but I admit that I really don't know what I'm going to use it for. I was just curious to see how it works on my hair. If I like it, I guess I could use it to do my twists. I would try the Sun Kissed pomade, but it looks like a grease and I don't think I need a grease product right now.

so1913

cocopuff said:
Thanks, I see you are really enthusiastic about this product. I also ordered the Roots serum because I ran out of oil for my scalp and because of Asha's testimonial over the phone, and I ordered the Shea Waht?! pomade becasue it contains shea butter, but I admit that I really don't know what I'm going to use it for. I was just curious to see how it works on my hair. If I like it, I guess I could use it to do my twists. I would try the Sun Kissed pomade, but it looks like a grease and I don't think I need a grease product right now.

I hope you enjoy Roots the product is amazing. I'm on bottle #5. I also have a small size of Shea What?! but, I became so hooked on Heavenly Pudding, I haven't really used it. It is very light and will probably provide high sheen to your twists. Once I get the patience to start trying to twist my hair again, I think I will give it a try for that.

cocopuff

I'm hooked on Heavenly Pudding also. I can't keep my hand out of the jar. I will definately be reordering the larger size jar, if not two. I just can't help myself when it comes to this product. If the Shea What?! turns out to be lighter than the Mane Attraction, then I will probably switch products, seeing as I might not have the need for both of them.

so1913

cocopuff said:
I'm hooked on Heavenly Pudding also. I can't keep my hand out of the jar. I will definately be reordering the larger size jar, if not two. I just can't help myself when it comes to this product. If the Shea What?! turns out to be lighter than the Mane Attraction, then I will probably switch products, seeing as I might not have the need for both of them.

Shea What?! Is the lightest product of them all. EXTREMELY light, weightless almost.

cocopuff

so1913 said:
I hope you enjoy Roots the product is amazing. I'm on bottle #5. I also have a small size of Shea What?! but, I became so hooked on Heavenly Pudding, I haven't really used it. It is very light and will probably provide high sheen to your twists. Once I get the patience to start trying to twist my hair again, I think I will give it a try for that.

Gosh, bottle #5, what is it made of, pure gold? That product is kinda expensive and for you to buy 5 bottles, it must be something special. I only bought the small size just in case I didn't like it, but I hope it is as good for me as it is for you, otherwise, I will be trying to get rid of it.

Last edited:

so1913

cocopuff said:
Gosh, bottle #5, what is it made of, pure gold? That product is kinda expensive and for you to buy 5 bottles, it must be something special. I only bought the small size just in case I didn't like it, but I hope it is as good for me as it is for you, otherwise, I will be trying to get rid of it.

LOL, I don't mind spending the money on something if its good. I've been using it for months now.

cocopuff

so1913 said:
LOL, I don't mind spending the money on something if its good. I've been using it for months now.

Well, I understand that. I was just looking for an oil to use on my scalp that won't run down my neck or the side of my face everytime I use it and since this, I'm told, is like a spray, I decided to try it. I also heard that it has a nice fragrance. As far as the products go, so far so good. I also have the Coco de Leche and I might reorder the 8 oz. bottle of this as well. If the Roots serum goes well, I wouldn't mind spending the money on a 2 oz. bottle either because good products are hard to find, my only worry is that the 1 oz. bottle that I ordered won't last long (1 oz. isn't alot).

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Glad you ladies enjoyed them; however, I ended up swapping the MA, SK, Coco,and the Silk rose for Aura Elixer. I like Carols Daughter products better, but I have found a very similar alternative to Carols Daughter called akivanaturals and I am anticipating their arrival:yep:

cocopuff

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Glad you ladies enjoyed them; however, I ended up swapping the MA, SK, Coco,and the Silk rose for Aura Elixer. I like Carols Daughter products better, but I have found a very similar alternative to Carols Daughter called akivanaturals and I am anticipating their arrival:yep:

Wow, you swapped ALL of those products, where was I?, I could have saved some money. Anyway, I have seen the akivanaturals.com website and those products do look similar to the Carol's Daughter product line. I was thinking about trying the sampler pack as well. I have already tried Qhemet Biologics and I like the Honeybush Hair Tea and the Olive and Honey Balm the most. If I ever order from them, those are the two products that I would purchase. I am currently awaitng the arrival of my second order of Asha's, though, so I should be good on products for a minute.

so1913

Bublnbrnsuga said:

:-( I'm sorry to hear that they didn't work for you. BUT, that's the the joy of having choices! :-D

ximenia

cocopuff said:
I have already tried Qhemet Biologics and I like the Honeybush Hair Tea and the Olive and Honey Balm the most. If I ever order from them, those are the two products that I would purchase. I am currently awaitng the arrival of my second order of Asha's, though, so I should be good on products for a minute.

Cocopuff, I loooove qhemet's stuff too. The products are different, not run of the mill, and they feel so good in my hair. My hair is the softest it's ever been! The one's I like the most are the olive & honey balm, the olive cream and the amla pomade.

Ayeshia

Paraben free, i assume becasue its not listed in the ingredients.....her website is www.ashasnaturals.com