Recent Forum Upgrade

oneastrocurlie

Like the new look. One question: is there a reason why it switches between being a secure connection and not a secure connection in my browser? Not sure if that's a me thing or a forum thing. Some threads I'll have the lock in my url bar and some threads I'll have the exclamation point. I'm using Chrome on my phone.

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Like the new look. One question: is there a reason why it switches between being a secure connection and not a secure connection in my browser? Not sure if that's a me thing or a forum thing. Some threads I'll have the lock in my url bar and some threads I'll have the exclamation point. I'm using Chrome on my phone.
Thanks for letting us know & what browser you’re using. We will get this fixed.

mmeadows1

4b natural, APL
I am having this same problem. I’m also a subscribed member.:

Since the upgrade, whenever I click on any links within the threads I get taken to another page to upgrade system login. I am not an admin, but I have the yearly subscription. Can you please fix this.

Miapa1

I am having this same problem. I’m also a subscribed member.:

Since the upgrade, whenever I click on any links within the threads I get taken to another page to upgrade system login. I am not an admin, but I have the yearly subscription. Can you please fix this.
I put in a ticket so I hope they address it soon. I NEEEDS some of these threads and can't access them.

beverly

Staff member
thank you - I have received your tickets. I am waiting on a response as well regarding the dark theme

Regarding your accounts @Miapa & @mmeadows1 - I apologize for any inconvenience. There are certain things I can do technically - and others thing I can not, so I have to wait as well. I apologize I apologize for any inconvenience.

naturalyogini

Ladies

Thank you so much for being so patient while we were performing necessary maintenance on our server infrastructure, as well as updating the forum software. Due to the size of our forum, the upgrade process lasted more than 48 hours and sadly there was nothing we could do to speed this process.

The forum software has been upgraded to the latest version, with more features, better skin and faster experience. The mobile theme is also easier to navigate than before.

There are some things missing. We know that so please be a bit patient until we add them back in. For instance the username change is not there as well as the spy. Those two addons have not been upgraded for the version of our software. We are in talks with the developers to secure new versions of addons that are not yet available but were available before.

Long weekend... more to come.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding

LHCF Staff
How do you edit or delete your posts

Miapa1

thank you - I have received your tickets. I am waiting on a response as well regarding the dark theme

Regarding your accounts @Miapa & @mmeadows1 - I apologize for any inconvenience. There are certain things I can do technically - and others thing I can not, so I have to wait as well. I apologize I apologize for any inconvenience.
Any update on the fix? It's been over a month.

beverly

Staff member
Any update on the fix? It's been over a month.
not yet. I have reached out to dimopoulos a few times about the remaining issues. He is the only person that can resolve the technical issues remaining. Once he replies/resolves I will let you know. I apologize for any inconvenience. thank you for your patience

beverly

Staff member
@Miapa1 I assume that you still having this problem? Dimopoulos checked your profile and he said that " If any of the ladies can let us know a particular thread/topic that they experience this, that would help." Worst case scenerio he could log in as you and see what the problem is, but that would have to be a behind the scenes coordination effort since I believe that he would have to reset your password to access your account.

Miapa1

@Miapa1 I assume that you still having this problem? Dimopoulos checked your profile and he said that " If any of the ladies can let us know a particular thread/topic that they experience this, that would help." Worst case scenerio he could log in as you and see what the problem is, but that would have to be a behind the scenes coordination effort since I believe that he would have to reset your password to access your account.
I am still having this issue. This is not specific to one sub. It happens on any links to another thread in this site. An example if someone posts this link
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=389082
I click on it and get the admin page. So whenever I go to the hair threads that reference a lot of other threads (healthy hair guides and such) I have a hard time being able to follow along without seeing the links. Yes, please have him log in as me so he can see what I'm talking about.