Recommend your Pre-Poo

A_Christian

Thanks for the information!

Okay

Is it neccessary (sorry for the spelling :( ) , to do a deep con treatment after a good pre poo??

TIA

chosen1

Coconut oil, honey, with a few drops of peppermint oil and rosemary oil. put a plastic bag for 3 hours, watch movies and then shampoo. Does wonders for me.

ceebee3

Is it neccessary (sorry for the spelling :( ) , to do a deep con treatment after a good pre poo??

TIA

It depends some people use a moisturizing deep conditioner before shampooing so they don't deep condition afterwards.

I use only oil or a protein conditioner before I shampoo so I always deep condition after.

baddison

natural for good
S-Curl and Dabur Amla Oil. Put on a plastic shower cap for about an hour. Ooooo...the softness! :yep:

Angelicus

I am the mayonnaise fairy! I love that stuff.

I also like olive oil as a pre-poo... omg, if you mix it with honey, your hair will be so shiny!

southerncitygirl

using heat:
*mayo/ evoo, sesame, or evco, molasses
evoo
*evco
evoo-evco
conditioner and molasses

* I do these the most, I pre-poo with whatever I have lying around as you can see,lol.

I use avocado oil, olive oil, caster oil, jojoba oil mixed with organix tea tree conditioner and sit under a hood dryer for 30 mins. I wash with Dr Organics tee tree shampoo and then mix aphogee 2 min reconstructor with olive oil and sometimes caster oil for around 5-10 minutes, then rinse.

SherylsTresses

Dandruff/Shedding Prepoo Recipe:
1 cup moisturizing conditioner (thick)
2 tbsp 100% garlic powder
1 tbsp tea tree oil
1 tbsp peppermint oil
1 tbsp EVOO
*Note -- Mix in oils & powder very well, then add conditioner

darlingdiva

I haven't pre-pooed in a while (I haven't felt the need to b/c I detangle w/ leave-in & oil, so there's always oil in my hair before I wash it), but I've applied avocado oil to my hair the last two times I've shampooed & I like it. I especially like it b/c it's the only one of the penetrative oils that doesn't make my hair hard and crunchy.

Lola Laughs

Amla and bhringraj powder infused in a mixture of coconut oil, EVOO, and castor oil (I loved the way a poster referred to them as the Holy Trinity). As a hot oil treatment, this has done more for me than any DC.

tailormade84

Amla and bhringraj powder infused in a mixture of coconut oil, EVOO, and castor oil (I loved the way a poster referred to them as the Holy Trinity). As a hot oil treatment, this has done more for me than any DC.

when do you do this "hot oil treatment"? before or after your last rinse with the conditioner?

Whimsy

I don't prepoo much anymore.
When I did, I tried first with evoo, but then tried coconut oil and stuck with that :)

Lola Laughs

when do you do this "hot oil treatment"? before or after your last rinse with the conditioner?

I do the hot oil first, rinse out (only wash with BS if I have a lot of build-up) and follow with an ACV rinse, the finish with conditioner/moisturizer which I always leave in.