Recovering from a Setback Support Thread

natstar

Bumping-

I got BKT done to the front of my hair to let the weave blend in better. She also applied a demi permanent color and now my front isnt reverting after a month and multiple washes with sodium chloride shampoo. Since its in the front it sucks. braidouts with small perm rods help me blend better than twist outs. It sucks :( But Im not giving up.

I am going back to what I know worked for me- daily moisturizing, vitamins, working out, deep conditioning with washing 2x a week, buns. I think im going to be doing buns and kinky twists for a year and see where I end up. I would love to get it shaped up to start fresh but i dont want anymore disapointments, so i am going to give myself a year and get my hair back on track then I will go to someone to really get it shaped up.

Nayeli

Yeah, the pics that you were talking about taking in the top quote, where you mentioned you was trying to take pics but then you got frustrated.

Amazing, I can't believe I'm just seeing this. Needless to say, my camera went bonkers over the Christmas season and I lost hair pics as well as those from my bff's wedding :sad:.

And yes, a lot of us have been done wrong by relaxers. I'm doing pretty ok. Little by little it's thickening up. What irritates me are short broken pieces that are still at the front, even so many months after the over-processing. :wallbash:

amwcah

Great thread!

Setback: Wearing a neck brace due to a cervical fracture

Effects: Bald nape about 2 inches up from my hairline

Plan of action: Stretch relaxer, no relaxer to the nape area, daily moisture and seal, scalp massages, consistently take vitamins, up water intake, exercise 5-7x per week,

Estimated date of full recovery: December 31, 2010 = 6 inches in a year

Khaiya

Update: My shedding is under control going into this new year, i'm transitioning!! So no more relaxer setbacks for me. lol. I had a slight setback from tangling and such but it wasn't serious, i'm hoping to see APL withing the 1st quarter of the year.

jahzyira

Setback: Ive had a number of setbacks the main ones being improper relaxing on virgin hair over 2 years ago, serious shedding of all my longest strands in 2008, and the most recent protein overload and not finding a solid moisture regimen....

Effects: In reality I need a good 4 inch chop of the ends they are kinda see through. Luckily my hair at the nape has thicker ends, but my crown broke off to about 12 inches :wallbash: Altho my roots are stong and healthy, I just hate having uneven hair.:rolleyes:

Plan of action: Im currently 6 months post with a good regimen. My roots are stong and the ceramide conditioners have kept further breakage at bay. Ill continue with my strict regimen for the whole year... That means instead of relaxing for my birthday and a wedding I plan to attend in july, I may still be hiding under weaves and wigs till the shorter areas catch up.

Estimated date of full recovery: Christmas 2010..... I expect to be at least full blunt waistlength:yep: