• Soft Shot
  • Anti-Frizz Shot
  • Dandruff Control Shot
A BeautyWorx stylist can customize a shot blend for your specific hair needs:
  • STRENGTH/RECOVERY - For weak and distressed hair
  • COLOR RECOVERY - For color-treated hair
  • SOFT RECOVERY - For dry and brittle hair
  • SMOOTH RECOVERY - For very dry and unruly hair
How it works: This three-part system determines your hair type and level of damage, and then adds shine and strength with the appropriate Redken products to cleanse, seal the cuticle and add gloss that lasts for at least three weeks.
The Chemistry System is formulated to transform the hair's condition so it "recovers" its natural, healthy state. If the hair's cortex is damaged, the cuticle has been damaged too. Each hair shaft has seven to twelve layers of cuticle scales which protect the cortex. In healthy hair, the scales are flat and compact. In distressed hair, the cuticle is abraded. Distressed hair is weakened hair. There are many different factors that can cause some level of distress to the hair.
Chemical Distress. Chemical services such as hair color, bleaching, perming or straightening can result in chemically distressed hair. These alkaline services cause the cortex to swell, forcing the cuticle layers to stretch and weaken. During the coloring, perming and straightening processes, hair bonds are actually broken. The results are a reduction in elasticity, an overall weakening of the proteins and internal structure of the hair and a visible negative effect on the external appearance.
Mechanical Distress. Normal wear and tear from blow-drying, thermal irons, and everyday brushing can also weaken the hair. This type of damage is called "mechanical". Friction and heat can weaken the hair fiber, create split ends, cause a "ruffling" effect on the cuticle and a disorganized interior.
Gentle acid pH color use, while not an alkaline service, can also cause hair to be distressed.
The Power of Acid-Balanced pH. Damage can change the pH of the hair causing it to swell. The hair fiber is most swollen when it is very acidic or very alkaline. When the pH of the hair falls in the middle (between 4.5 and 5.5) it is considered balanced because it has less water in it (less swelling) and is therefore stronger.
The second step of the Chemistry System, pHix pHase, works to rebalance the pH of the hair to minimize swelling and maximize the action of specialized ingredients. The adjustment to the pH leaves hair in its most compact, healthy, shiny condition. Using acid-balanced products, the 2- or 3-step Chemistry System service works to make the hair look and feel stronger, healthier and more beautiful. Putting the power to transform in your hands.
The Scalp Relief Dandruff Control
Scalp Chemistry Dandruff Control Shot is a specialized treatment that helps fight and control dandruff. Glycerin gently helps soothe and hydrate the scalp. Leaves the scalp clarified and relieved.
Healthy hair begins with a healthy scalp. Redken has developed an advanced dermatologist-tested anti-dandruff regimen, Scalp Relief Dandruff Control. It starts with a professional in-salon Scalp Chemistry service that provides a concentrated dandruff defense. The care continues at-home with Scalp Relief Dandruff Control products. Together, they offer a complete, intense solution that maximizes the scalp's and hair's potential. Specialized formulas with pyrithione zinc, an effective anti-dandruff ingredient, reduce flaking, irritation and itching to help eliminate dandruff. Scalp is clarified, hydrated and relieved while hair is shiny, light and airy.

HAS ANYONE TRIED ANY OF THESE YET? :grin:

vickid

I used to go to ULTA to get these when they were on sale for $15. I finally broke down and asked my regular stylist to purchase them for me and he did! Each bottle cost $21 (I got the strength and smooth shots) and the bottle of Phix was $25 (I think) This was the best investment I made in a while. My hair is always smooth and strong after every treatment and each treatment lasts me about 3 weeks. It is worth every penny!

Brownie518

I used to go to ULTA to get these when they were on sale for $15. I finally broke down and asked my regular stylist to purchase them for me and he did! Each bottle cost $21 (I got the strength and smooth shots) and the bottle of Phix was $25 (I think) This was the best investment I made in a while. My hair is always smooth and strong after every treatment and each treatment lasts me about 3 weeks. It is worth every penny!

:grin:Thanks for the info, vicki!!!

Yoshi3329

Bumping! Anyone who's using the "Redken Chemistry Shot Phase - Color Extend Deep Treatment" any doesn't color? I plan on getting it soon.

ajoke

Bumping, I just accidentally happened upon these products while doing a google search...It sounds quite interesting.....

pink gator

...bumping.

I had brunch with a sorority sister today and her hair was glossy, healthy and shiny--a loooong way from her brittle, dry hair.

I asked her what it was and she said it was a chemistry shot, and sure enough, I knew my LHCF sisters knew what it was!

Is it available for home use?

ElegantExotic

Bumping to see in anyone uses this. I am VERY interesting in trying it out.

I see they have revamped the system, with new packaging and there are now 6 shots.

Last edited:

NIN4eva

Yes, we used them on clients when I was in school. They're good stuff. You have to use the both the cream and spray for it to work.