Redken Smooth Down Review

leona2025

When I went to Ulta I bought the trial sizes of Redken Smooth Down shampoo, conditioner, detangler, butter treat, and heat glide. I really wanted the All Soft line, but they didn't have it in the trial sizes. I shampooed applied the condtioner in the shower for about 5 minutes. I applied the butter treat as a leave in. I let my hair air dry and then applied the heat glide and flat ironed. I don't now why I bought the detangler. My hair only tangles when it's dry. My hair is so soft and smooth.:grin: It's straighter than I usually get it and my husband remarked that it looks very silky. My hair is very light and has a loooot of movement. I have to say this is the best my hair has every came out since I started doing it my self. I have definitely found my one line and will buy the larger sizes when I use up the trial. Redken is the best.

girlyprincess23

hrmmmm I might have to try this. how does the butter treat feel? I am still looking for a good leave in to put in my hair b4 it dries!! I see that the butter treat is a wash out and the detangler is a leave in.

Last edited:

leona2025

The butter treat was really creamy. In the shower my hair felt really smooth and silky and I was just like I know that won't last, but it did. The butter treat made my hair dry really soft. I applied it a little heavy, but it came out good. I have no trouble combing and fingering through it dry.

girlyprincess23

The butter treat was really creamy. In the shower my hair felt really smooth and silky and I was just like I know that won't last, but it did. The butter treat made my hair dry really soft. I applied it a little heavy, but it came out good. I have no trouble combing and fingering through it dry.

so did you wash the butter treat out or did you leave it in i'm confused. or did the poo and condish make it feel silky? are there are any no nos in any of the stuff you used like mineral oil, petrolateum, or sulfates (that's the drying stuff right)

Last edited:

leona2025

so did you wash the butter treat out or did you leave it in i'm confused. or did the poo and condish make it feel silky? are there are any no nos in any of the stuff you used like mineral oil, petrolateum, or sulfates (that's the drying stuff right)
It felt smooth and silky from the conditioner and shampoo. I used the butter treat as a leave in. I don't know about the bad stuff:nono:. I don't read ingredients.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
This one didn't work for me on the first try. Will use it again now that I have had my touch up and if I still don't like it I will give it to my sister or niece.

MissNina

Libra Girl
I absolutely LOVEEEEE the entire Redken Smooth Down line...it's my at-home staple line (along with Nexxus. . .Design Essentials at the salon). Ulta just had the liters on sale so you know I acted a fool :grin:

girlyprincess23

I went to the salon the other day and she said i should try the butter treat and the anti snap i didn't get them there, but today i saw them on sale in the walmart salon 2 for 22. yes i snapped those up. gonna try it maybe this weekend

unalteredone

the butter treat is AMAZING for air drying. when i use it my ends don't dry frizzy. Also, i had never had a non-frizzy bantu knot out before i bought butter treat. I find it to be too heavy for flatironing and "swang" but as far as getting the hair smooth, this works.