Regime Update

Lucia

Lucia's Regime -in transition...stay tuned
1. (CO-Wash) Conditioner Washes 2x weekly or daily, deep cond w/ hair steamer/heating cap max 30mins @ least 1x /month

*ABSOLUTELY NO SHAMPOO*

2. Clarify every 2-3 months w/Apple Cider Vineagre diluted, mayonaisse deep treatment after 5-10 mins w/ plastic cap. Followed by good smelling conditioner rinse
3. Misting daily,when not straightened, or not co-washing, light oils when straight
@ night.
Always braid hair 2-4 sections and wear cap or scarf @ night or sometimes baggie mostly for winter
4. Oil bath scalp massage night before Ayurvedic tonic rinses 2-3x/week with brhami & brhingeraj or amla & brhami

Products:
Suave Tropical Coconut, Hello Hydration Orchid & Coconut Milk,
Garnier Fructis Length and Strength, Almond & Honey (using this up) conditioners for co-wash- I alternate these still testing them to see which is best for my hair now.
Deep Conditioning: silicon mix-using this up, or homade mix w/ reg cond
Brhami, amla, Brhingeraj ayurvedic powder rinse trying to do these weekly
la bella ultimate hold gel
coconut oil, monoi oil (alt these)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm using up most of my products I want to cut back to a minimum of products, I want to have a very simple regime whether curly or straight, I will update with new list as I eliminate stuff. This new list will be my entire product collection, and I want to use only 1-2 styling products daily to get my "look"

Product Goals:
1 whipped shea butter, or Lotion
2 Monoi and coconut oils-alt. these
1 La Bella gel
1 conditioner for co-washes (will alt from my list of favs)
1 deep conditioner
ACV
Ayurvedic Powders, Henna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vitamins
Essential Amino Acids
Liquid B12
Viviscal
Spirulina
Fo-ti
Take all of them in a weeks time, not daily
multis, horsetail, and vit C every other day

Trimms/Cuts:
Following the Lunar cycle for growth-see links below
Self Dusting trims/S&D if when needed
Cuts=only to get even/thicker ends once a big goal has been reached.

Texture: 100% Natural wavy, curly baby spiral curls, thick

Current Length: WSL straightened/BSL ponytail shldr-APL curly :woot: WSL paaartaaay!
Ultimate goal next : Full Hipbone-Tailbone straight w/ u-shaped hemline BSL-WSL curly w. shrinkage thick ends

Curly inspiration=Gelila Bekele Ethiopian Model

Gelila talks about her hair

Johnny LaVoy curlyhair tutorial

Lucia'sFotki
Moon Phases
HP.TLBN.CLSSC.Challenge
Curlygirl Challenge

"There is no such thing as bad hair, there is only poorly treated hair." -Patrick Ales creator of Phytospecific haircare products

Last edited:
P

patient1

Where are you getting your fo-ti from? I used to use this but the lady at my local gnc said they don't offer it anymore? thx.

p1

Lucia

Fo-ti and aminos, spirulina and most vit's from Whole foods and the rest from Gnc.

Last edited:

Angelicus

good regimen and I can tell you are a PJ. Please PM or make a post about the Proclaim Shea Butter and Aloe Conditioner... had my eye on it at Sallys.

zoya_j

Lucia do you steam at home? If so what type of steamer do you have ? i'm thinking about investing in one them TIA

morehairplease

thanks for posting your regimen Lucia! It looks great! Do you mind telling me what brand of coconut creme you use? And how exactly you are using it as a conditioner? tia

jasmine26

love your hair and regimen lucia!, it looks like you love your carol daughter products!:) that khoret amen shea butter smoothie sounds really good!!! another inquiring mind on where did you get your hair steamer?

morehairplease

Lucia,

Great progress sweetie! Do you mind telling me how you use the mayo? I have a jar of mayo(walmart brand) & would love to know how exactly you are using it? Do you use it with heat or without? Again, great progress!

tia,
tishee

Lucia

tishee said:
Lucia,

Great progress sweetie! Do you mind telling me how you use the mayo? I have a jar of mayo(walmart brand) & would love to know how exactly you are using it? Do you use it with heat or without? Again, great progress!

tia,
tishee

Thanks sweetie,
I use it after the ACV rinse, when I'm almost done.
I just take some from the fridge out and overload my hair with the mayo-I seriously smell like a deli sandwich but it works. Wait 5-10 min w/ a plastic cap on, rinse, then put some good smelling conditioner in for 3 minutes and rinse again that's just to get the smell out though. It is a little messy. I can't take credit I tried this b/c Midnightcurls has it in her regime. hth

Last edited:

morehairplease

Lucia said:
Thanks sweetie,
I use it after the ACV rinse, when I'm almost done.
I just take some from the fridge out and overload my hair with the mayo-I seriously smell like a deli sandwich but it works. Wait 5-10 min w/ a plastic cap on, rinse, then put some good smelling conditioner in for 3 minutes and rinse again that's just to get the smell out though. It is a little messy. I can't take credit I tried this b/c Midnightcurls has it in her regime. hth

thanks SO much Lucia! :kiss:

lala

Lucia, thanks for sharing. I see you've been making a concentrated effort to care for your hair. You've got a nice collection going there...

2themax

Your hair is absolutely beautiful. Glad to see one of your Gurus being IRIS - she is the bomb!

Q: What do you mean by, "in a week's time" when referring to taking your vits?

Q: I checked out the Lunar Cycle, but it does not indicate when or when not to cut your hair. Which phase is best to cut the hair - New, 1st 1/4, Full or last 1/4? Or does it matter as long as it falls on one of the lunar days. Note: Today is 7/10/08 (1st 1/4). Is this is good day to trim my ends?

Thanks in advance!

thehairgirl

Irresistible

Your hair is absolutely beautiful. Glad to see one of your Gurus being IRIS - she is the bomb!

Q: I checked out the Lunar Cycle, but it does not indicate when or when not to cut your hair. Which phase is best to cut the hair - New, 1st 1/4, Full or last 1/4? Or does it matter as long as it falls on one of the lunar days. Note: Today is 7/10/08 (1st 1/4). Is this is good day to trim my ends?

Thanks in advance!

thehairgirl

I dunno if we are gonna see Lucia back around here again :cry:

Lucia

Thanks in advance!

thehairgirl

thanks.
7/10? yes for growth, The best phases to cut your hair are from the new to the full moons (7/3-7/10 for growth), 7/10 4:36-7/18 8:00 is the full moon for thickness, then read the very important rule.

There are more complicated charts but I just use the easy simplified version. Here's how it works:
If you want to trimm/cut your hair to grow faster or "for length" you cut from when the chart says new moon-full moon.
If you want to cut your hair to get thicker or "for thickness" you cut on the day/nights of the full moon only, not before and not after. YOu can also cut for thickness when maintaining a certain length-it's the best way to do that.
*Very important: if you want your hair to get shorter or cut "for shortness" you cut from the end of the full moon to the old moon or from full decreasing to nothing,"waning phase" 7/18 8:01-7/25, it's the exact opposite of cutting for length-got it? HTH

Lucia

Lucia are you WL??????????????????
I'm claiming it since the back of my hair is, but I have 2 shorter layers in the front still, so It's not even yet, but who cares, I'm finally WSL hair-a-luyah ::rofl:

missprincess011 said:
Hi lucia!!!
Your Regi looks like its on point!
Congrats on wsl your hair is pretty!

thanks, last year only acouple of hairs actually touched waist, so I kept growing and trimming.

Lucia

I'm streamlining my regime products and all, I'd love any suggestions. TIA
these are my goals

I'm using up most of my products I want to cut back to a minimum of products, to have a very simple regime whether curly or straight, I will update with new list as I eliminate stuff. This new list will be my entire product collection, and I want to use only 1-2 styling products daily to get my "look"

Product Goals:
1 whipped shea butter, avocado, or other butter
2 oils-alt. these, haven't decided from my list above
1 gel
1 conditioner for co-washes
1 deep conditioner
ACV
Ayurvedic Powders, Henna

Last edited: