Regimen for Fall 2004-Please give your Opinion!!!!

auntybe

I am starting to think about how am I going to care for my hair this fall. What really started me thinking was the many hair care products that started falling out of the closet when I opened it. It is not so much that they didn't work, it's just that I always buy new things. As part of my "PJ recovery" program I can't buy anything new until I see two empty shelves in the closet. So for the months of September and October, this is what I plan to do:

(1) Wash twice a day with Surge Power Wash
(2) Spray scalp and detangle with Surge 14
(3) Oil scalp and hair with Motion 9 Oil
(4) Smooth Hair line with Garnier Fructis Molding Putty
(5) Oil my ends with Black n'Sassy Triple Gro mixed with Woojee Cream
(6) Pull hair back into "bunnytail"-(hair still short) wrap with Ouidad scruchee to make bun.
(7) Deep condition once a week with Humectress. I was thinking about leaving it on for one hour with a plastic cap on my head--NO HEAT.

I was planning to do the same at night and tie my hair down with a silk scarf. My hair is too curly to wrap. Does this sound okay?

auntybe

I the reason(s) I will be washing my hair twice a day are:

(1) I will be working out alot and going to Physical theraphy several times a week. I SWEAT A LOT!!!!
(2) I take a lot of medication and frequent washing helps with the build up.
(3) The Surge 14 recomends that you wash twice a day.

So with that being said....I figured it could not hurt.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
auntybe said:

(1) I will be working out alot and going to Physical theraphy several times a week. I SWEAT A LOT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

okay... then u r all set

auntybe

Thanks CH: I am going to start charting my growth and re-evaluate at end of October.
Neroli: I let it air dry. I just relaxed my hair on 08/01/04.

SouthernGirl

[ QUOTE ]
auntybe said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The regimen sounds great to me, but the washing seems like a bit much. If you think it'll be OK due to the excessive sweating then go for it. I'm sure you know your hair best. Just be very gentle with detangling.

SouthernGirl

Hey Auntybe,

You're doing great by using Surge as a detangler because I think it works wonders!

You may already do this, but section your hair in half first (one part down the middle) then secure one of the halves w/a clip. Now take the half you will work with and part that in half, securing the front w/a clip.

Spray Surge all over hair and scalp, and GENTLY detangle section by section. If you hair and scalp are saturated w/Surge, it will make the detangling process pretty seemless. Doing one section VERY SLOWLY at a time minimizes tangles. Once you're done w/one whole side, secure it w/a clip, then do the same for the other side. At that point, I just take the clips out and let it air-dry until I'm ready to style!!

The key to not losing a lot of hair while detangling when hair is wet is that you just need to set aside enough time so that you don't rush through. I lose more hair than necessary when I try to do it fast. That's also when I'm tempted to use heat! Don't forget to use a wide-toothed comb!

Hope that helps

SG

auntybe

Yes that really helps! I wasn't detangling like that....the way you describe sounds great...I will try it tonight.

lsubabiedee

washing 2x a day with the power wash scares me, but if it works for ya then go head!

but maybe u can try rinsing ur hair once and then washing after ur workout or just washing ur scalp

MizAvalon

I agree with this. Myabe you can wash once and rinse once. Using shampoo twice a day every day does seem a bit harsh, but you know your hair best.

auntybe

I really gave it some thought. I know you guys think washing twice is a bit much but the Surge makes makes me itch like crazy. I am not going to use alot of pOwer wash for the night time 'poo - just enough to cleasne the scalp. I really don't like the way my hair smells after I work out hard.

SouthernGirl

[ QUOTE ]
auntybe said:
Yes that really helps! I wasn't detangling like that....the way you describe sounds great...I will try it tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool beans! Good luck
!

auntybe

SOUTHERNGIRL:

THANK YOU! I practiced detangling following your instructions, It works great. Only 6, yes 6-hairs in the comb (usually it is a whole lot more).