Regimen question

unalteredone

I'm trying to get my regimen down, and i'm kind of stuck.

I recently purchased Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo and i love it. It leaves my hair feeling even more detangled than conditioner! BUT it is sulfate free, and i use cones. I tried to go coneless, but i found that it wasn't really working for me. I resolved to go low cone at least, but then i discovered chi silk infusion....

My point is, if i am using a sulfate free shampoo once a week and only using cones once or twice a week, am i doing more harm than good? I clarify about once a month, usually before my once a month flatironing...will that be sufficient?

SIDE NOTE: I did a google search and found something about how polyquats can build up on hair similarly to cones... does anyone know what that is about?

I know some ladies on the board are anti-cones, but if they are working for you then I say keep using them.I also use the Chi Silk Infusion weekly and my hair is fine because it likes cones.If the cones cause buildup, which they sometimes do depending on how often they are used, then you would have to use a sulfate clarifying shampoo remove the cones.

Esq.2B

I think so long as you clarify on an as needed basis, you'll be fine. If you feel like there's too much build-up before your normally scheduled clarifying time rolls around, then I see no harm in clarifying. At most, you'd probably have to clarify every 2 or 3 weeks, but honestly, I use cones and my shampoo (CON green) has no sulfates, yet I only clarify 1 times per month myself. So I'd say, just listen to your hair.

gissellr78

I'm trying to get my regimen down, and i'm kind of stuck.

I recently purchased Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo and i love it. It leaves my hair feeling even more detangled than conditioner! BUT it is sulfate free, and i use cones. I tried to go coneless, but i found that it wasn't really working for me. I resolved to go low cone at least, but then i discovered chi silk infusion....

My point is, if i am using a sulfate free shampoo once a week and only using cones once or twice a week, am i doing more harm than good? I clarify about once a month, usually before my once a month flatironing...will that be sufficient?

SIDE NOTE: I did a google search and found something about how polyquats can build up on hair similarly to cones... does anyone know what that is about?

I don't really care about cones if it works for you why stress it! If i followed every little rule i would be so stressed my hair would fall out....as long as you clarify at least once a month i dont see the problem