Regimens for the 2006 Brastrap folx

keke

Ok girls, if this is already mentioned in the other 2006 brastrap thread or any other thread then disregard this one, but if not lets put out 'how' we plan to do this by 2006. Myself, i plan on:

Taking my vitamins(so far i am on Women's ultra mega and Hair, Skin, Nails formula by GNC)

Wash my hair about once a week ( i have several kinds of shampoo and conditioner and samples too and im still not done trying some more. lol)

I am going to not cut/trim(prolly not until i am either brastrap or a few inches away from it that way it wont be to long when it all grows back even) and plus my ends are always hidden away anyway(braids, phony pony pieces, updos, twist outs, bantu knot outs)

I'm also going to wear braids about 1.5-2 months at a time(thank god i can do my own, whew)

Moisturize(my own lil concoction, sta sof fro, s-curl) everyday whether its once a day or twice. I am also going to use sulpher 8 too and maybe some carrot creme to help stop breakage

And protective styling(very little to no heat, braids, curly style(bantu knots, cornrow-out styles, twist outs).

My regimen is mostly to keep it simple.

I co wash daily (maybe skipping a day here and there). Moisturizing with CD HHB and Hair Milk at night and morning. NO GEL ever again! No heat.

Combing while wet with conditioner only.

Trimming every 4 months but earlier if needed.

Clarify and Deep Condition weekly or every other week.

Vitamins: 1 tablespoon flax seed, Multivitamin, 2000 mg MSM, and 2500 mgs Biotin.

I'm going to highlight my hair, for the Autumn and Winter and start making very deep and rich conditioners because of the highlighting I am using. Plus I will rinsing and surging twice daily and I will be using herbal infusions, rosemary, horsetail, nettle or a combination of all three. Using essential rosemary oil in the rinses. Plus I will be taking my vitamins Natures Plus hair tablet and thick shake, plus soluble multivitamin, Vitamin E, evening primrose and flaxseed, when I get some money.

I touched upon lightly in the other post...but I can state here as well...lol.

I've finally found my staples that work for me so I can keep it simple and ease up on the PJ'ism while on the 2006 Quest.

Shampoo once a week (w/a CO Wash during the Summer months), if in an extending relaxer stage, may postpone the poo'ing to every two weeks or have hair in a sew-in.

Deep Condition, Stay Moisturized and Watch The Heat Usage and Take Care of the Ends...Trim when necessary.

Good Luck to all on the 2006 Challenge! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Yeah I mentioned mine in the other thread. But I will repost as I probably have changed it
31.gif
. Sooo I will be doing a pre-poo with essentials oils (ylang ylang, rosemary, lavender, and cedarwood) added to castor oil for 15 mins with heat. I will shampoo and deep condition once per week. I will roller set until I get a lot of new growth and then I will do braidouts or twistouts. Every other night (or maybe every 2 nights) I will use the oil concoction to oil and massage my scalp. Oh yeah, something new I learned from Ms. Cleo (OK Cleo, not the psychic (or not so pyschic lady), I will mist my hair lightly day and night with H-Two leave-in conditioner and then I run a little castor oil over top my hair paying special attention to my ends (she doesn't do the castor oil part). I guess you can tell that I am not really friends with protective styles...YET. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif Oh AND heavy protein every 6 weeks.

Do a heavy duty protein treatment every six weeks, light protein treatment once a week, co washes, deep condition once or twice a week, moisturize twice a day, do hot oil treatments, and use vitamins, herbs, etc.

Ok, as if this prolly hasn't been up b4. Lets continue on what we are going to do to get Brastrap by 2006. You dont have to say what month you think you will(just in case of any set backs or expectations set too high).

I just had 3.5-4.5 inches cut to get rid of my permed ends. So now, I have revamped my regime. I wash once a week. One week I use Nexxus Therape and Keraphix the next using humectress. On the first 2 days all I use is oil sheen (Olive Oil in the Green can) and then every other day until wash day, I do a little WGO on the ends. I am trying to do the KISS (keep it simple sista) rule. I have only been doing rollersets and braidouts. My hair is to thin for buns or most protective styles. I will see how it goes.

Still fine tunning my regime but at the moment i,m C/O wash once a week , hot oil treatment , shampoo and deep condition once a week, clarify & light protein every two weeks , reconstructor every 8 weeks, relaxer every 10-12 weeks and trim when needed.

Light heat usage and loads of moisture :grin: :grin:

Good luck Girls :)

Wash hair weekly (or every two weeks)
Spritz daily
Oil/Protect ends daily
Sleep protected
Exercise at least 3X a week
Drink at least 1/2 gallon of water a day
Take my vitamins consistently

I am going to be on the Tangle Eliminator regime.. cuz this is probably what's going to keep me from getting to brastrap with thick hair.

My tangles and knots don't joke... it just took me 2 days to get the mini dreds out of my head.

Sooo..
-Co. wash every day. *and comb*
-No heat.
-I will seriously try to twist my hair up everynight to protect it
-Once a week Deep Condition/ maybe do a clarify shampoo, and *detangle*
-Drink 2 litres of water/ day
-maybe take msm again+vitamin C.

Keep my hair in Braids or a weave for 2 months during the dryest part of the winter so that i don't have to manipulate it...

i think that's about it... unless i see something in someone else's regimen that I really like...

I will:

1) Continue with weekly deep conditioning

2) Stay away from Direct Heat

3) Keep up with Daily Moisturizing (Even when my hair starts to beg for relaxers; I tend to neglect it because it is just so coarse.

4) Try to wear it in more protective styles - I have been wearing it down daily.

5) Try frequent CW

I am gettin excited just thinking about bra strap :lol:

hmmm...missed this thread before...

but i will:

No heat for 7 more months
ACV wash 2x month
CO wash 1x week
use coconut oil on ends daily
pin my hair up at night(thanks Vintagecoilylocks)
wear satin bonnet at night as often as I can find it :D
use s curl on my roots to comb out hair during weeks 9-12 of my relaxer stretch

HHG to all!

lets see I am 3 inches away from armpit length. That equates to 6 months of new growth, plus 1 more month to trim 0.5 inch off. Therefore by march I should be armpit length. Okay then I would need another 5 inches to be at the bottom of my bra that equates to 10 more months plus 2 more for trimming. That would put me smack dab in spring 2007 for brastap. Unless the mtg really kick in. In the mean time I am going to enjoy my hair, Cw, Baggie which is a real end saver,and condition condition condition my hair to death. I have been mtging off and on since june more on that off. Take a look at my pics if you like.

Back