Regulating unbalanced protein/moisture in hair-

Russet

How do you all do it? Before my setback, I had it all under control...

And now I have no idea if my breakage is coming from lack of protein or lack of moisture. Prior to my cut I did a protein treatment and ever since I have been DC'ing regularly. Two weeks ago, I did another protein treatment, but my hair is still breaking. I've been co-washing and DC'ing, and moisturizing with either NTM Silk Leave-in or HH LTR while bunning or when I'm not wearing my hair out (straight).

My hair appears to be very moisturized and soft/shiny. So I doubt it has too much protein and not enough moisture. I remember while cutting my hair after the setback my stylist told me my hair will break at the line of demarcation.

Setback was overprocessing my relaxer on 3 months of NG.

Any ideas on finding a solution to my breakage? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC02379.jpg
    DSC02379.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC02588.jpg
    DSC02588.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Fine 4s

How do you all do it? Before my setback, I had it all under control...

And now I have no idea if my breakage is coming from lack of protein or lack of moisture. Prior to my cut I did a protein treatment and ever since I have been DC'ing regularly. Two weeks ago, I did another protein treatment, but my hair is still breaking. I've been co-washing and DC'ing, and moisturizing with either NTM Silk Leave-in or HH LTR while bunning or when I'm not wearing my hair out (straight).

My hair appears to be very moisturized and soft/shiny. So I doubt it has too much protein and not enough moisture. I remember while cutting my hair after the setback my stylist told me my hair will break at the line of demarcation.

Setback was overprocessing my relaxer on 3 months of NG.

Any ideas on finding a solution to my breakage? Thanks!

Keep bumping for replies!

If you're unsure if the breakage is due to lack of protein or lack of moisture, always do a process of elimination (the least damaging) and start with a lack of moisture. You can always use a light protein spray if you've made an error like the ApHogee Green Tea Reconstructor. You can also use Motions CPR which should cover the moisture and the protein issue.

How long do you wait to do a repeat protein treatment?
You could also consider switching the moisturizers you use. I've never been convinced that NTM is actually moisturizing my hair (meaning containing ingredients which have emollient properties- revisit the ingredient list).

Where exactly is your hair breaking? At the line of demarcation or on the ends? Or randomly throughout? Maybe where you bun?

Let us know how you manage to correct the problem. HHG!

ms.blue

How do you wear your hair? Do you think you have product build up? Do you use a lot of heat? I'm not sure why your hair is breaking but when I feel like there is something wrong with my hair, I clarify my hair to remove any build up and then use both a protein and moisturizing dc's.