Relaxed and Natural ayurvedic users I have questions! please help a sister out!!

Jadore_tay

I am purchasing powders tomorrow, I am inspired by ALL ayurveda users...
Anywho before I purchase please help me...

Do you use it by making a rinse or paste?
How often to you apply these risnses/pastes to your hair?
How long do you leave the rinse/pastes on pre-oiled hair before rinsing out?
If relaxed, On touch-up days do you use these products?

TIA!!:grin:

hurricane

I am purchasing powders tomorrow, I am inspired by ALL ayurveda users...

TIA!!:grin:

Welcome to ayurveda!!!!!

I've been using ayurvedic powders since Aug. 2007. I love it. Okay I started using the teas and there is nothing wrong with using teas, but my hair did not care for it ( dry ). Your hair may not do this.

Now I use paste: which I mix with water and put on the scalp. Then I mix some condish. with what is left and put that on the strands of my hair.

Or you can take your powder and mix with condish. and put on your whole head.

If using the teas, rinse out your pre-poo, tea rinse, then co-wash with condish. Candy C's method.

When I use paste, I put on pre-pooed hair, let it sit, then rinse. Use a leave in then seal with oil.

Use the LHCF search and look under Candy C's post and others. It will help you. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link:look:.

gorgeous86

-I like rinses. I just mix tap water with powder and stir.
-I oil my hair beforehand (sometimes overnight, sometimes an hour prior). I then dump the mixture over my dry hair and let is sit for about five minutes.
-I used to use the rinses every two weeks, but I haven't really been doing ayurveda rinses lately.
-I have never used the rinses on touch up day.

Jadore_tay

Welcome to ayurveda!!!!!

I've been using ayurvedic powders since Aug. 2007. I love it. Okay I started using the teas and there is nothing wrong with using teas, but my hair did not care for it ( dry ). Your hair may not do this.

Now I use paste: which I mix with water and put on the scalp. Then I mix some condish. with what is left and put that on the strands of my hair.

Or you can take your powder and mix with condish. and put on your whole head.

If using the teas, rinse out your pre-poo, tea rinse, then co-wash with condish. Candy C's method.

When I use paste, I put on pre-pooed hair, let it sit, then rinse. Use a leave in then seal with oil.

Use the LHCF search and look under Candy C's post and others. It will help you. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link:look:.
thank you soo much I will use the paste because my hair tends to be a bit dry

ladylibra

I make a tea rinse out of the powders, which i use every 2-3 days. I rarely use the paste but when i do, it's only on the scalp like an exfoliating scrub. I let it sit in my hair for a good 15 minutes or so before rinsing with water. I use oil as an overnite pre-poo.

UOTE=tay_luv;6890359]I am purchasing powders tomorrow, I am inspired by ALL ayurveda users...

TIA!!:grin:[/QUOTE]

ebonimama

I use the tea. I mix 1/2 tsp shikaikai, 1 tsp bhringhjaj, 1 tsp amla powder to 1 cup hot water and 1 cup warm water. Strain with knee high and pour over head in shower. I rinse out with conditioner and then deep condition under a heating cap for 20 minutes. It works wonders.

guudhair

Do you use it by making a rinse or paste? Tea rinse
How often to you apply these risnses/pastes to your hair? Every 4 – 7 days
How long do you leave the rinse/pastes on pre-oiled hair before rinsing out? About an hour…I don’t pre-oil (too lazy :ohwell:)
If relaxed, On touch-up days do you use these products? I usually wait a couple of days before and after before “rinsing” again.