~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

halfindian

Hair bun. Tried divachyk's method with the stocking to hold the ponytail, fan the hair around with fingers and then round and round. Had to use hair pins to secure. Have not gotten round to searching for that hair net.

Attachments

• DSC_3414.jpg
    DSC_3414.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 143

sunnieb

Unintentional wet bun today. I did a honey wash last night but didn't rinse until 10:30pm. So I ended up falling asleep with wet hair. :nono:

Then did my workout this morning and sweated it up!

Gotta love bun nets though. I just stuffed all my wet hair in the net, pinned and headed to work. :yep:

ForumRunner_20140221_085400.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

sunnieb

To help with nape control, I bought some plain clips to use with my regular daily buns. I researched different gels and don't think I want to go that route.

I can use these to clip and go.

ForumRunner_20140301_190954.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140301_191013.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140301_191013.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 32

Ms. Tiki

I haven't bunned in so long. I have new packs of nets just for my buns. I've been doing a quick twist up and clip but I need to leave that alone. Back to bunning!

sunnieb

halfindian that net will change your bunning life forever!

Here's my semi - wet bun from today. Fell asleep with wet hair plus a sweaty workout this morning.

ForumRunner_20140306_075653.jpg

halfindian

Swept all the hair to one side and flat twisted from one side to the back. The back was pulled into a low bun.
ForumRunner_20140306_133156.jpg

halfindian

I love flat twist in the front halfindian. I have to learn how to do that.

YouTube is a great place to start. I learnt from young. The girls in my class used to cornrow, flat twist and braid each other's hair. Mine included. I went to an all girls secondary school so we would walk around with half of our hair done waiting till lunch to finish or the next free period. Lol lol. Ah the good old days.

halfindian

Sunnieb it already has!!!! I'm addicted to this new addition. My stocking and my hair net are my new best friends!!! Oh and my hair is in paradise!!!!! Loving it!!!! I'm not ripping my ends out trying to use a ponytail and they'd normally make my head hurt. I don't have to use millions of hair pins which make my hair and ends crooked. Nor do I need to make perfect buns. The net does all the hard work!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!! Freedom!!! Y'all this is it!!!!!

PureSilver

YouTube is a great place to start. I learnt from young. The girls in my class used to cornrow, flat twist and braid each other's hair. Mine included. I went to an all girls secondary school so we would walk around with half of our hair done waiting till lunch to finish or the next free period. Lol lol. Ah the good old days.

halfindian, this sounds sounds so much like a Jamaica all girls school culture.

halfindian

halfindian, this sounds sounds so much like a Jamaica all girls school culture.

Lol it's a Caribbean thing. Lol lol. We took strokes for it too. Hiding under desks to comb our hair during assembly and getting caught by the dean of discipline. Going into the toilets and locking ourselves in just to finish hairstyles. Lol lol lol.