Relaxed hair equals healthier hair.....

BLESSED1

for me? I am bewildered as to why my hair is so hard to manage when I am more than 4 weeks post-relaxer; but acts like an angel when it's freshly relaxed!! I try to stretch out my relaxer for 12 weeks or more, but I experience so much breakage and shedding that I feel like I'm forced to relax right away just to save my hair; even though we're taught that relaxers are damaging and such. I'd love to transition, but it seems like I'd lose all of my hair in the process
frown.gif
Just recently I was "forced" to relax my hair after only 10 weeks, due to all of the shedding and some breakage, which has now stopped since I relaxed a week ago. And I don't change my haircare routine so I don't know why what works for me while I'm freshly relaxed doesn't work for me when I'm post relaxer. I'd appreciate if anyone has advice for this, whether relaxed, natural, or transitioning
grin.gif

I think that it is because the difference between your natural texture and your relaxed texture is so different. This was also a problem of mine though I usu. waited at least 8 weeks for a touch up. This is why I didn't even bother with transitioning I just chopped when I had come to my 8 wks. after a relaxer because I didn't want to deal with the inevitable breakage.

HTH
ms_kenesha
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I think that it is because the difference between your natural texture and your relaxed texture is so different. This was also a problem of mine though I usu. waited at least 8 weeks for a touch up. This is why I didn't even bother with transitioning I just chopped when I had come to my 8 wks. after a relaxer because I didn't want to deal with the inevitable breakage.

HTH
ms_kenesha
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
ITA, the texture of your natural hair dictates how often you should/should not get a relaxer. Some ppl with coarser, less porous hair can stand getting a relaxer every 8 wks, while others can only get them every 12 or 16 weeks.

Thanks ladies, my hair is extremely coarse so I feel a little better about bombarding it with chemicals after every couple of months
smile.gif

Back