Relaxed Hair Thread

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Re: Relaxed Hair THREAD!!

The purpose:perplexed: I'm not entirely sure other than to gain the benefits that the oils used have to offer. I did one yesterday and it made my hair feel 'stronger' (length of my strands). Also my new growth seems to have liked it too, easier to detangle and softer.

HauteHippie

I'm relaxed with elucence sensitive scalp. I relax about 4 times a year. I began using Bkt about 2 years ago and have retained more length than ever before. My reg is simple:

Shampoo weekly. I use Keracare moisturizing shampoo and Humecto.

I deep condition with Humecto with heat, or the ORS replenishing conditioner.

I rinse lightly, towel dry, and apply Sabino LOK & BLOK regardless of whether I want straight hair or not, regardless of whether I have Bkt or not. I use it to seal in moisture and it WORKS.

At this point I airdry in a ponytail. I rarely need any heat with texlaxed hair + Bkt.

I am about to start morning workouts so will Bkt again- I am going to see how my hair will handle blow drying several times a week after workout.

My hair was about wl before my trim Wednesday, now it's about mbl/below my thick ole brastrap.

I never thought it would get this long.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

winterinatl Any update on how your post workout hair is holding up?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

HauteHippie

carissa

I noticed that you mentioned using miconazole 2% and a mixture that contains MSM sulfur powder. Do you have any issues when you use both? Do you alternate?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL

How often if at all are you ladies doing hot oil treatments?

Dont do them.

The only time I even get close to a HOT is putting evco on my bare hair a few hrs prior to shampooing. I dont do this all the time though

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

Way back when I did them, but I find no purpose for them in my regimen. I don't use oils, just a moisturizer as needed.

Ya I kinda liked it but I don't think I'll be doing them on a regular basis. Once in a while just for something different to do. againstallodds who does them weekly - what benefits do you find?

hothair

I use an oil/butter mix for an hour+ with shower cap before shampoo-ing (so as a pre-poo) it seems to make my hair stronger and fuller. I also DC for a lot less time as a result. I use a mix of Vatika and left over Avococo cream.

againstallodds

Ya I kinda liked it but I don't think I'll be doing them on a regular basis. Once in a while just for something different to do. againstallodds who does them weekly - what benefits do you find?

Nix08 HOTs are part of my regimen to stay.

• Decrease in shedding and hair fall.
  • Smoother hair.
  • Less tangles when washing.
  • I've been using grapeseed oil as the main oil I apply on the length of my hair (I apply different mix to my scalp) and haven't had to do as many protein treatments and rarely see breakage unless it's under rough manipulation.
  • Decrease in split ends.
  • I've been dealing with very itchy scalp and dandruff for about a month, maybe longer, and have been applying either mix of jojoba, eucalyptus, and lavender or more recently coconut and tea tree oil for relief.
  • The overall health of my hair has definitely improved.

Even when I do not do a HOT before I wash, I'll apply either hemp seed, grapeseed, or Vatika Frosting to my hair and leave in overnight.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

^^ with such a glowing endorsement I may have to reconsider and try hots a few more times:yep: My oil mix was maybe a little too much for me - well really just that smelly amla oil I have..it's outta there!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

taz007 I did my HOT before shampoo'ing. In the shower my hair felt hard...once I added the conditioner it felt very soft. While air drying it felt strong (not soft as expected). My new growth felt soft though and was easier to detangle.

EbonyCPrincess

Do you all do your HOTs before or after shampooing your hair?

I do it before with warm EVCO. It helps my hair feel so soft after shampooing, plus it eliminates tangles and decreases shedding and breakage. I try to consistently do it at least once per month.

sunnieb

Bump....

Calling out to all the relaxed lurkers.....

Come out and play! We want to hear from you! :yep:

25Nona

Hi Ladies, just stopped by. Have a question for you, how do you ladies keep you hair nicely styled, smooth and bouncy in this heat and humidity? I pretty much wear my hair down 95% of the time and this weather has me not only feeling but looking like a sweaty mess!

cherxy777

I'm relaxed. What i use to soften my new growth is Africa's Best Instant Detangling Conditioner. I only apply it to my newgrowth after every wash, leave it in for 1 hr (I also apply ORS REPLENISHING PAK to my length and Keracare humecto to my ends, yeah 3 conditioner each wash, but it works!!!!) and then wash out. My new growth is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo X 100 soft afterwards. You get the full effect after 3 washes. You can find it at your local BSS for less than $3. It's awesome and a STAPLE FOR LIFE!!!

Nat1984

Hey ladies! Relative newbie here, have been lurking for awhile but have only just started trying to get my hair journey started. Quick question for you - I've been experimenting with different methods of airdrying (some more successfully than others) and quite a few of them have left my ends looking less than great :ohwell: I know my hair isn't going to come out as straight with airdrying as it would with blowdrying and flatironing, but should I be concerned? Are frizzy airdried ends a problem? Retaining growth is probably my biggest problem, so I don't want to anything which could harm my ends...

Thanks!