Relaxed Hair Thread

Fotchygirl

@Fotchygirl

Sorry about that, sis. Honest mistake.

I totally understand about clingy little ones. One of the ways I got my little man to mind me doing hair was to add him to the hair activities. We had family hair day on Sundays. I would put a DC on his head and cover w a plastic cap and then do mine. He loved it! He would play a video game or we would watch a movie while our hair was processing.

It also kept me consistent w my regi. I think that's the main reason I was able to grow to WL!

GL w whatever you decide and have fun! :)
Absolutely no problem!

Lymegreen

I comb every three days or so. Sometimes as long as 5 days. This is in the shower under running water and part of my cleanse and condition process. I don't comb my hair otherwise.

Maybe finger comb or just one little section but not my whole head when it's dry.

Fotchygirl

I wonder if I'm the only one who can't comb in the shower with the conditioner. I tried it but it just didn't work. I now comb before taking a shower with oil in my hair and after washing with the leave-in conditioners.

sunnieb

I wonder if I'm the only one who can't comb in the shower with the conditioner. I tried it but it just didn't work. I now comb before taking a shower with oil in my hair and after washing with the leave-in conditioners.

I comb my hair before conditioning and with conditioner in the shower. I use a shower comb that I got at Sally's years ago.

Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't comb with conditioner. :drunk:

VimiJn

Let the truth set you free!
I've been relaxed (again) since sept 16. I've decided that this Go around I will not be wet bunning. I will only air dry (or sit under cool dryer) then style or roller set.

MysTori

Just debating about pushing through to 12-13 weeks, or 6 weeks to correct. I'm not really feeling the super texlaxed roots. I may relax next week. I'm all about retaining and not fighting to prevent breakage.
I was actually texlaxed too. I'm not saying correct it but, I had to do the same thing with this last relaxer (take it all the way straight) and I'm glad I did. I'm doing a protein treatment today (ApHogee) since reading the relaxer threads and I'll be doing that every 2-3 weeks.

Evolving78

I was actually texlaxed too. I'm not saying correct it but, I had to do the same thing with this last relaxer (take it all the way straight) and I'm glad I did. I'm doing a protein treatment today (ApHogee) since reading the relaxer threads and I'll be doing that every 2-3 weeks.
Hey! I did a corrective today. Something told me to not put if off any further. It came out fine. I finally came to terms with lye relaxers not producing bone straight results for me.
I used Aphogee 2 min afterwards.
Would you consider a balancing conditioner, or a light protein conditioner? ORS replenishing conditioner is a light protein conditioner that can be used often like 2-3 times a month. I have conditioners that have wheat protein in them, so I decided to maybe use Aphogee 2 min or ORS after my touchup.

MysTori

Hey! I did a corrective today. Something told me to not put if off any further. It came out fine. I finally came to terms with lye relaxers not producing bone straight results for me.
I used Aphogee 2 min afterwards.
Would you consider a balancing conditioner, or a light protein conditioner? ORS replenishing conditioner is a light protein conditioner that can be used often like 2-3 times a month. I have conditioners that have wheat protein in them, so I decided to maybe use Aphogee 2 min or ORS after my touchup.

I didn't know until I bought the Aphogee 2 minute yesterday but there's also an Aphogee Balancing Conditioner you're supposed to buy with it (which I did). I'll be using both. :yep: Even if you don't buy the same brand, I would definitely use any balancing conditioner.

Evolving78

I didn't know until I bought the Aphogee 2 minute yesterday but there's also an Aphogee Balancing Conditioner you're supposed to buy with it (which I did). I'll be using both. :yep: Even if you don't buy the same brand, I would definitely use any balancing conditioner.
I totally forgot about this conditioner! You gave me a great idea! I could use this instead of the 2 min! Thanks girl!

MysTori

I totally forgot about this conditioner! You gave me a great idea! I could use this instead of the 2 min! Thanks girl!
You could use it instead, but it's really a 2pk/2 part thing. It's best if you had the 2 min AND the balancing conditioner. But if just using the conditioner works for you, let me know...I may cut out the 2 min too. :look:

Evolving78

@shortdub78 Darn it, you were supposed to let me know :lachen:

I really wanna do my hair, but being at my aunt's house has really gotten me sick. I got the sniffles, the sneezes, and the mucus. :confused:
Allergies? I have to take Flonase before I go over somebody's house. Dust, mold, pollen, dander, etc...

I'm sorry I didn't tell you! But I will be relaxing again at 8 weeks. I made a quick decision.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Allergies? I have to take Flonase before I go over somebody's house. Dust, mold, pollen, dander, etc...

I'm sorry I didn't tell you! But I will be relaxing again at 8 weeks. I made a quick decision.
Yea, I'm allergic to the cold :lachen:

It's too cold in her house. I think she has poor insulation. Ironically, my mom got sick at my place cause it's too hot. I keep having to remind myself not to spend more than a couple of days when it's cold, because I ALWAYS get sick here.

Evolving78

Yea, I'm allergic to the cold :lachen:

It's too cold in her house. I think she has poor insulation. Ironically, my mom got sick at my place cause it's too hot. I keep having to remind myself not to spend more than a couple of days when it's cold, because I ALWAYS get sick here.
That's why I wanna move! I can't stand the cold! I keep my home's heat on satan's den temp! lol I physically have issues with cold temps as well. I'm a reptile! Lol

Evolving78

I plan on washing my hair tonight. I know I need to get started. I have been really working on preserving moisture in my hair, so I don't have to be heavy with the product usage. I will be using a Moisturizing sulfate, then my second lather I will use my non sulfate.

I will air dry, but blow dry on cool to speed up the process. I won't be using heat until April. I will trim my ends as well.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
My hair was so itchy at one point, I took pictures to see if I had bumps or a patch of hair missing.

There wasn't anything wrong :lachen:

It's just ready to be relaxed. I can't believe how much new growth I have. I'm holding my hair down to see, that's why it looks weird lol

Attachments

• IMG_5958.JPG
    IMG_5958.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6011.JPG
    IMG_6011.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 89