Relaxed Hair Thread

MzSwift

I like watching YT videos like most but what I don't like are those who talk for ten minutes before getting to the main point.

I find I don't have much patience for this.

Lol, so true!

I might be the only weirdo who watches the videos on mute. I'm watching for the technique or the process since I'm not looking for product or tool recommendations. Sometimes their voices or dialects surprise me when I finally have to listen.

Britt

Lol, so true!

I might be the only weirdo who watches the videos on mute. I'm watching for the technique or the process since I'm not looking for product or tool recommendations. Sometimes their voices or dialects surprise me when I finally have to listen.
LOL! i feel you, I get irritated incredibly easily with YouTubers. I hate excessive talking, primping, corniness and all that in a video. Prettywitty has gorg hair but I don't see that as a realistic goal for myself lol. I remember watching a few of her videos before I went natural.

Guinan

Re-Branding
My relaxer and my Mizani neutralizing shampoo came yesterday!!!! I'm just waiting on the neutralizing conditioner. If it comes today, I will relax today. I'm going to stop by sally's and pick up the aphogee.

I have been watching relaxed/texlaxed hair utube videos for a couple of days; so I'm ready:)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

My relaxer showed up sometime yesterday, but I didn't see it until I was leaving out for work. I came straight in this morning and relaxed my virgin hair. I love the results so far I'm so glad to be back on this side of town lol! I used the Linange relaxer line. It reminds me of the Vitale I use to use before I went natural. The smell and results. My hair came out straighter than I thought but my hair always did take well to relaxers. It was even coated in coconut oil. But it still has just a slight amount of texture there. I just need to get a new set of rollers, so I can start roller setting, YAAAAS!

Guinan

Re-Branding
My relaxer showed up sometime yesterday, but I didn't see it until I was leaving out for work. I came straight in this morning and relaxed my virgin hair. I love the results so far I'm so glad to be back on this side of town lol! I used the Linange relaxer line. It reminds me of the Vitale I use to use before I went natural. The smell and results. My hair came out straighter than I thought but my hair always did take well to relaxers. It was even coated in coconut oil. But it still has just a slight amount of texture there. I just need to get a new set of rollers, so I can start roller setting, YAAAAS!

Linange is my relaxer brand too! How long did you leave it on your hair? I figured it will take me 10mins for the application and then I will spend another 10mins smoothing. I don't mind my hair coming out too straight.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Crap, my head is so sweaty and itchy. Hopefully Monday night I can relax my hair or it's back to buns. I'm over trying to do "special" stuff myself right now. I'm so glad I have a kit of Vitale. All I need now is more Aphoghee protein. I'm thinking about wearing my hair straight all the time unless it's in a bun.

Evolving78

LOL! i feel you, I get irritated incredibly easily with YouTubers. I hate excessive talking, primping, corniness and all that in a video. Prettywitty has gorg hair but I don't see that as a realistic goal for myself lol. I remember watching a few of her videos before I went natural.
I don't care for her anymore. She used to be more humble and warm. She comes off smug now.

SuchaLady

I was gonna rollerset because it's too hot to blowdry my hair but I feel like the reverse of that sentence is true too. I might blowdry today, then again on the 4th of July, then not anymore until Christmas.

I just said was gonna blowdry regularly a couple posts ago but it's waaaaay too hot right now. It's a waste of time and heat. I don't really want to tonight either for the same reasons but I have church in the morning. I'll probably perm rod my way through summer and what should be fall even though it'll still be hot :sad:

quirkydimples

I'm going to Mexico soon and am trying to decide what to do with my hair (short bob). Do I get cornrows...that will be taken out immediately when I get back. Or do I just deal with my hair while I'm there?

MzSwift

I'm going to Mexico soon and am trying to decide what to do with my hair (short bob). Do I get cornrows...that will be taken out immediately when I get back. Or do I just deal with my hair while I'm there?

Do you have any texture left in your hair? I'm thinking Mexico is a good place to do WNGs. Or get the standard vacay hair -- box braid extensions! LoL

quirkydimples

Do you have any texture left in your hair? I'm thinking Mexico is a good place to do WNGs. Or get the standard vacay hair -- box braid extensions! LoL
I have some, but I have never done wng and don't want to look too crazy on vacation. Would I just need some conditioner or do I also need mousse or gel?

MzSwift

I have some, but I have never done wng and don't want to look too crazy on vacation. Would I just need some conditioner or do I also need mousse or gel?

Maybe do a few practice runs before you leave. I used to only use conditioner when my hair was shorter. But a little gel and some bobby pins will do you good to make it cute. You can pin it up, or pin it to one side, or pin the top back. I used to use a headband sometimes too.

quirkydimples

Maybe do a few practice runs before you leave. I used to only use conditioner when my hair was shorter. But a little gel and some bobby pins will do you good to make it cute. You can pin it up, or pin it to one side, or pin the top back. I used to use a headband sometimes too.
I'm hair lazy. I'm getting cornrows in a couple of hours. :lachen:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I was natural for almost 3yrs. Just relaxed yesterday with linage. I'm going to flat iron it today. One jar of relaxer was enough for my hair. It took me about 25mins to relaxed my hair.

1st couple of pics are of my natural hair and then the last couple of pics are after the relaxer. I'll add more pics once I straighten my hair.

Attachments

• rps20170616_050749.jpg
    rps20170616_050749.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 58
  • rps20170616_050710.jpg
    rps20170616_050710.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 55
  • rps20170619_132227.jpg
    rps20170619_132227.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 56
  • rps20170619_132340.jpg
    rps20170619_132340.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 53
  • rps20170619_132253.jpg
    rps20170619_132253.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 53
  • rps20170619_153455.jpg
    rps20170619_153455.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 56

quirkydimples

I was natural for almost 3yrs. Just relaxed yesterday with linage. I'm going to flat iron it today. One jar of relaxer was enough for my hair. It took me about 25mins to relaxed my hair.

1st couple of pics are of my natural hair and then the last couple of pics are after the relaxer. I'll add more pics once I straighten my hair.
What made you relax?