Relaxed Hair Thread

Wenbev

six weeks post, just oiled my scalp lightly with a castor/sweet almond/EO oil mix and a little on may hands for the ends. i'm still wearing flat ironed hair so wrapped for bed with a scarf. six more weeks to go before touch up. sticking with 12 weeks for now, anything more than that and I have shedding. also need a hard protein treatment before the new growth becomes too much.

Evolving78

I took that box kit back. I have made the decision to let a professional handle it. I don’t wanna underprocess, and I don’t wanna overprocess. Now do I go to somebody that will take my money, no questions asked? Or do I go to somebody that is gonna lecture me to death and tell me things I’m not trying to hear? Lol I will probably go with the first choice! Lol. I’m not totally reformed yet!

Evolving78

I plan on getting some Qhemet Biologics products to help me with this stretch. I loved that line for my natural hair. The burdock root cream and coco detangling ghee was great for my fine hair. The heavy cream was good for sealing.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I didn’t use the DE almond shampoo for my second wash, I use Elucence and that tangled my hair... I didn’t lose much hair applying the deep conditioner, but I was so tired, I took the plastic cap off, put my scarf on and went to sleep. So now I gotta rinse this out and use a rinse out conditioner.

So I see I have to be mindful of what shampoo I use if I continue with this stretch.

sunnieb

I've gotten back into researching all things hair.

So many relaxed blogs and websites are gone! :(

I'm thankful that Hairlicious still has her blog going. I watched a few of her vids last night and she is still amazing and maintaining her MBL relaxed hair.

I even added Hot Six Oil to the mix last night to seal after moisturizing because of her. I think I'll do the spray bottle like she does too.

Here's her blog.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I've gotten back into researching all things hair.

So many relaxed blogs and websites are gone! :(

I'm thankful that Hairlicious still has her blog going. I watched a few of her vids last night and she is still amazing and maintaining her MBL relaxed hair.

I even added Hot Six Oil to the mix last night to seal after moisturizing because of her. I think I'll do the spray bottle like she does too.

Here's her blog.
I went to her blog and videos too! Lol yeah it’s all about going back to basics. I have been watching Megz’s old videos too as well as her transitioning videos. I’m not transitioning, but just getting tips on stretching.

MzSwift

So Imma go ahead and texlax tomorrow. I was waiting until Tuesday because that would be the 6 week mark. But it makes tons more sense to do it on the weekend when DH can help with the baby while I focus on this chemical. So I'm getting ready to start my prep.

Hopefully I can knock it out in the morning. I need to flat iron for a starting pic for my challenges but I've been thinking about cowashing more frequently this week to get the perm smell out before the waterpark next weekend. Decisions decisions...

MzSwift

I also think I'm definitely going to do a big trim/cut since I'm restarting my HHJ in full force. I want these bone straight ends gone but I don't want to chop to SL because of my history -- I'm liable to go ahead and shave it all off with clippers if I start a cut that drastic.

I'm inspired by this YTer. My hair has dfinitely suffered due to neglect just like her.

Evolving78

I also think I'm definitely going to do a big trim/cut since I'm restarting my HHJ in full force. I want these bone straight ends gone but I don't want to chop to SL because of my history -- I'm liable to go ahead and shave it all off with clippers if I start a cut that drastic.

I'm inspired by this YTer. My hair has dfinitely suffered due to neglect just like her.

She is/was a member here. If i didn’t cut all of my hair off, then you should be good! Lol I’m bald headed and still holding on to these strings! Lol

Evolving78

So Imma go ahead and texlax tomorrow. I was waiting until Tuesday because that would be the 6 week mark. But it makes tons more sense to do it on the weekend when DH can help with the baby while I focus on this chemical. So I'm getting ready to start my prep.

Hopefully I can knock it out in the morning. I need to flat iron for a starting pic for my challenges but I've been thinking about cowashing more frequently this week to get the perm smell out before the waterpark next weekend. Decisions decisions...
I might go ahead and relax this weekend myself.

MzSwift

So I didnt wait. :look:

Just finished my mid step protein and 3 neutralizing washes. Sitting now wih this pH neutralizer / cuticle closer on my head.

I think it went well but I won't know until after my moisturizing DC. I do feel like this "mild" relaxer was stronger than any relaxer I've done in the last 4 years. Even though I based well, I think I still have a few scalp burns. I will need to find a way to incorporate ACV onto my scalp to help heal them.

OK, time to rinse! I may DC overnight but I stil haven't decided yet.

Evolving78

So I didnt wait. :look:

Just finished my mid step protein and 3 neutralizing washes. Sitting now wih this pH neutralizer / cuticle closer on my head.

I think it went well but I won't know until after my moisturizing DC. I do feel like this "mild" relaxer was stronger than any relaxer I've done in the last 4 years. Even though I based well, I think I still have a few scalp burns. I will need to find a way to incorporate ACV onto my scalp to help heal them.

OK, time to rinse! I may DC overnight but I stil haven't decided yet.
What relaxer did you use? I’m going back to get my box! Lol I’m not no punk! Lol

MzSwift

So I ended up DCing overnight. Woke up at 4 this morning, rinsed it out in the shower and detangled in quadrants. And put them in bantu knots to dry while I'm tending to the baby.

Some thoughts:

-I won't know if I like this relaxer until I've used it a few more times
-There's definitely still texture in my hair even though I left it on longer than the directions call for.
-I'm going to try not basing as heavily next time
-I'm not sure whether or not I like the cuticle closer/pH stuff. I think it would be better to use mixed into another product. By itself, it made my hair feel like the cuticles were open. It was matted and the strands were sticking to each other.
-I think I'm going to go back to doing the protein after the wash. My hair feels great after I do the protein. Once I neutralize after that, my hair doesn't feel as soft.
-Just like when I was natural, I can't detangle in the shower or while my hair is wet. I need to it to be about 50-80% dry. My fine strands can't handle the manipulation while wet
- Me and the paddle brush are now homies!! It made my detangling process so much easier and faster!

Evolving78

So I ended up DCing overnight. Woke up at 4 this morning, rinsed it out in the shower and detangled in quadrants. And put them in bantu knots to dry while I'm tending to the baby.

Some thoughts:

-I won't know if I like this relaxer until I've used it a few more times
-There's definitely still texture in my hair even though I left it on longer than the directions call for.
-I'm going to try not basing as heavily next time
-I'm not sure whether or not I like the cuticle closer/pH stuff. I think it would be better to use mixed into another product. By itself, it made my hair feel like the cuticles were open. It was matted and the strands were sticking to each other.
-I think I'm going to go back to doing the protein after the wash. My hair feels great after I do the protein. Once I neutralize after that, my hair doesn't feel as soft.
-Just like when I was natural, I can't detangle in the shower or while my hair is wet. I need to it to be about 50-80% dry. My fine strands can't handle the manipulation while wet
- Me and the paddle brush are now homies!! It made my detangling process so much easier and faster!
You used lye right?
I have three different lye relaxer tubs sitting here! Lol I got all sorts of neutralizers, etc.. but I know I will have a ton of texture left like I didn’t do anything to my hair! Lol

What cuticle sealer did you use?

MzSwift

You used lye right?
I have three different lye relaxer tubs sitting here! Lol I got all sorts of neutralizers, etc.. but I know I will have a ton of texture left like I didn’t do anything to my hair! Lol

What cuticle sealer did you use?

I have the Joico one:

I bought it bc Vitale perm has a conditioner that goes with their process to use right before neutralizing. It's supposed to lower the pH and close the cuticles after the chemical process.