Relaxed Hair Thread

MzSwift

@MzSwift
Do you like the new texture from the corrective relaxer? Or do you think it's still under processed?

Whenever I'm unprocessed, my hair tangles so much and I lose a lot of it at the line of demarcation. Normally I do a corrective within 2 weeks. So far so good.

Yes, I actually do. I like to leave texture because my hair is fine and the texture makes it look fuller. :blush2:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have the Joico one:

I bought it bc Vitale perm has a conditioner that goes with their process to use right before neutralizing. It's supposed to lower the pH and close the cuticles after the chemical process.
Are you talking about the foundation preconditioner?

tyrablu

Hola ladies.

I need some product recs. It’s been awhile since I’ve had to do my own hair and I am looking for a good deep conditioner (moisture), one that I can just pick up at a local store. Relaxed fine 4b hair.

My hair doesn’t like oils too much, so I’m tryong to stay away from some of the products geared toward naturals that are heavy on oils.

TIA

Evolving78

i relaxed my hair ya’ll! Lol
I’m still working on the styling part. Had to sit down and take a break off of my feet for a spell.
It went pretty good. I used Mizani sensitive scalp no lye. I like this, so I will use it again. I grab a few Mizani products (supreme oil, shampoo, and mask) butter blends (whipped moisture cream), and the detangle spray. I will grab a few more. I got some DE products too (hydrience products). I will see if I can get my kids to take a pic for me later.

MzSwift

i relaxed my hair ya’ll! Lol
I’m still working on the styling part. Had to sit down and take a break off of my feet for a spell.
It went pretty good. I used Mizani sensitive scalp no lye. I like this, so I will use it again. I grab a few Mizani products (supreme oil, shampoo, and mask) butter blends (whipped moisture cream), and the detangle spray. I will grab a few more. I got some DE products too (hydrience products). I will see if I can get my kids to take a pic for me later.

Whohoo!! :dance7::rocker:
I'm happy to hear you did it! I was worried you would post about a bad salon experience. Sounds like things went well for you. Hope the babies can take a good pic.

Evolving78

I’m sorry ladies! I deserve it... as much as I hound everyone in here! Lol I’m almost done. I stopped to clean up the kitchen! Lol I felt bad allowing these kids to pile up dishes in the sink, and I’m in the bathroom playing beauty shop! Lol

I got one section left! You would think since I’m bald headed it wouldn’t take so long! Lol
Ok let me get back to it!

Evolving78

Yay!! That looks good!! You are so not bald headed! SMH.

OK, so your new growth was looking like mine. Lol. Looks like your perm took well. I hope you continue to like it as you get into your stretch. For how long do you plan to stretch? I think I'm gonna relax again between 12-16 weeks.
Thank you! 10-12 weeks! I really like this Mizani butter blends cream with the 25 in 1 leave-in spray and the supreme oil. I think that will help with my dryness.