Relaxed Hair Thread

Sosoothing

Anybody in here using shea butter mixes?

How? That thread has me wanting to try it.

I had some shea butter I purchased a while back. Almost a year ago. After the shea butter thread I melted it over steam, added some coconut oil and olive oil, cooled it, then hand wisked it. I use it to seal after applying my curl activator. I have also used it on my skin. While I do like it, I don't like it any more than I liked sealing with coconut oil, which is what I used to do.

Loving

Anybody in here using shea butter mixes?

How? That thread has me wanting to try it.
I began using it after seeing the rave reviews on that thread. I like it so far, it makes my hair very shiny. As with any hair product, I will have to use it consistently before being able to give a true review as to whether or not it helps with retention.

Evolving78

Shea butter is too heavy for me, so I don’t lurk much in there.

Ok I bought some Shea butter mixed stuff today for my family’s skin. I tried a little on my ends. It melted in my hands right away and it didn’t feel heavy. Felt nice on my ends too.. I just might test this thing out. But how are you relaxed ladies using this? Just on the ends? Seal the entire head? How would this work with air drying?

Last edited:

Evolving78

I took back that extra scalp base and got Soft and Beautiful conditioner/mask. It has a lot of nice ingredients in it. I also got DE Restore Vitamin treatment, and some more Wild Growth Oil.

sunnieb

I've been using jojoba oil to seal nightly and my hair is responding well. Very light and non-greasy. I wear my hair down and it still moves. I'll keep using it.

@shortdub78 That's what I'm afraid of with the shea butter. However, my plan is to use it every Friday and Saturday night, not daily. I don't really care about style on the weekends. I clarify every Sunday so my hair won't be weighed down for the work week.

Evolving78

Yeah I’m not gonna mess with the Shea. My ends will end up crispy from all of the buildup! I will just stick with it on my skin. I may try it for my DD though.
I’m sticking with Mizani and Design Essentials products for now on. I got a ton of stuff that’s good, but just couldn’t get my hair in order.

Evolving78

girrrrllll, you had me thinking you were dang near bald up in here! your hair looks great! and your skin is is beaut!!
Lol my hair looks like granny’s when she takes her wig off. Granny don’t wear no wig cap, and she doesn’t know nothing about moisturizing, still washing her hair with Prell 2n1! Lol

Wenbev

Lol my hair looks like granny’s when she takes her wig off. Granny don’t wear no wig cap, and she doesn’t know nothing about moisturizing, still washing her hair with Prell 2n1! Lol
lololol you have me dying with prell. you know they still sell that stuff?? lol
and it dont look dry to me just saying

Evolving78

lololol you have me dying with prell. you know they still sell that stuff?? lol
and it dont look dry to me just saying
I have a bunch of spots of hair loss. My hair is dense, especially when the new growth kicks in, so it is hard to see, and I can do a little comb over In the back to help hide the spots in the crown, my hair is so thin compared to how it normally is.

lalla

I’ve just had a roller set. My hair is under processed, probably because of the olaplex I added to the relaxer.
Apart from that, it’s healthy, thick and very shiny. After trimming 1 cm, the ends are quite healthy.
I have no exact idea how long my hair is, but I’d say one to two cms away from WL.
My new routine has given great results so far.

Attachments

• 9E4563B0-D7EC-4A89-A05F-1F67440E4DFF.jpeg
    9E4563B0-D7EC-4A89-A05F-1F67440E4DFF.jpeg
    732.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 2F9663E2-F85C-4CE6-8E90-6017A8C0250B.jpeg
    2F9663E2-F85C-4CE6-8E90-6017A8C0250B.jpeg
    983.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 24C0334C-643F-450E-929F-D93D96CACBBB.jpeg
    24C0334C-643F-450E-929F-D93D96CACBBB.jpeg
    732.9 KB · Views: 54

LushLox

I’ve just had a roller set. My hair is under processed, probably because of the olaplex I added to the relaxer.
Apart from that, it’s healthy, thick and very shiny. After trimming 1 cm, the ends are quite healthy.
I have no exact idea how long my hair is, but I’d say one to two cms away from WL.

Beautiful thick hair!

Wenbev

what number olaplex are you mixing with your relaxer?

lalla

what number olaplex are you mixing with your relaxer?
I used the number one. I mixed in 15ml of olaplex which is way more than recommended (they say between 3.75 and 7.5 ml). Next time I will just mix the olaplex into the positive link /5 in 1 mixture I apply after the relaxer.

Wenbev

how did you get the no. 1? cosmo licence? i've wanted to purchase that one since I self relax but for now I get no. 2 mixed in my color and as a treatment from time to time. I havent bothered with no. 3 since thats the only one available to the public
olaplex also suggests adding no. 1 to the neutralizer instead of adding to relaxer to still achieve the level of texture the user is going for

Last edited:

quirkydimples

I think I've been being too rough on my ends now that I can bun. I've been pulling it back with an ouchless hair band and then wrapping my sad little ponytail around itself and securing it with another ouchless band to get the ballerina/donut bun look. My ends where they're being held by the hair band feel rough. Before I could bun, my hair was down everyday, which I'm beginning to think is better for my hair.

I'm going to do a protein followed by a moisturizing deep condition this weekend and begin using my Good Hair Day pin (singular because I only have one left). My hair isn't long enough for my spin pins yet, but they're in my drawer waiting. I also just ordered some more Good Hair Day pins and some satin scrunchies on Amazon.

Evolving78

My hair is dry. I will wash tonight. I planned on washing Monday, but I used an oil that I really should be using for my nails or feet. My hair feels crispy. I did a protein treatment. I now know that if I do a protein treatment, that I don’t need to put any on my roots. Just the ends.

Evolving78

I know that I’m in some growth challenges, but I think once my hair hits BSB, I will keep it at that length while I transition. Maybe APL?

lalla

how did you get the no. 1? cosmo licence? i've wanted to purchase that one since I self relax but for now I get no. 2 mixed in my color and as a treatment from time to time. I havent bothered with no. 3 since thats the only one available to the public
olaplex also suggests adding no. 1 to the neutralizer instead of adding to relaxer to still achieve the level of texture the user is going for
You don’t need a license to buy it in France.
Using it in the relaxer wasn’t the best idea.