Relaxed Hair Thread

Wenbev

sitting with olaplex no 3 as a pretreatment before the first wash since relaxing last Wed. Will wash the olaplex out, then shampoo with joico blue bottle, clarify with acv/water mix, dc with matrix biolage hydrosomething and rinse with joico conditioner blue bottle.

MzSwift

I just bought a whole bunch (like 9) of drawstring ponytails to get me through my 16 week stretches. I’m hoping these will be a good PS. I plan to cowash and redo my ponytail every 3 days or so instead of weekly or bi-weekly since my hair thrives on daily watering.

I’m having so much trouble returning to my wigs as my main PS. I think it’s bc I rarely leave the house these days. That and my little munchkin’s HIH syndrome. Lol

Wenbev

I am having issues with shedding and breakage. I have decided to tweak my hairwashing routine. Instead of every 7 days, will push to 10 days. I'll also be certain to dc every wash day and as the weather gets warmer, not use heat every time I wash. and when summer is in full effect, lots of flat twistouts.

MzSwift

I am having issues with shedding and breakage. I have decided to tweak my hairwashing routine. Instead of every 7 days, will push to 10 days. I'll also be certain to dc every wash day and as the weather gets warmer, not use heat every time I wash. and when summer is in full effect, lots of flat twistouts.

Do you think that maybe it may help to water your hair more often instead? Seeing that you’re in NV and I remember how dry it was when I lived out there, I was actually thinking the opposite for you. Of course you know your hair best. I was just thinking maybe you could throw in a water only rinse or even a cowash on day 3 and still wash, DC on day 7.

Wenbev

Do you think that maybe it may help to water your hair more often instead? Seeing that you’re in NV and I remember how dry it was when I lived out there, I was actually thinking the opposite for you. Of course you know your hair best. I was just thinking maybe you could throw in a water only rinse or even a cowash on day 3 and still wash, DC on day 7.
Good point! I was thinking the shampoo was drying out my hair...but maybe I forget about wearing it straight for now and just add more water and cowash and less shampoo

sunnieb

I'm going for 26 weeks this stretch to let my hair heal and grow as much as possible.

Had to add an extra cowash day to keep new growth from matting. So now my schedule looks like this:

Sunday - shampoo/dc

Monday - cowash (HE/Garnier)

Tuesday - off

Wednesday - cowash (WEN)

Thursday - off

Friday - honey+oil mask

Saturday - off

LushLox

Really pretty hair! So shiny - is that your natural hair color?

Thank you yes this is my natural hair colour, I’m quite fortunate, hardly any greys yet. I've never used colour but I'm thinking about it.

@LushLox beautiful looks so full, healthy and shiny. I think you may need to remind us all about your regimen

Thanks, I wash and DC at least once a week sometimes twice a week. I alternate the proteins and use them every two weeks without fail. This has been the big difference I think, as I was slacking on protein before and I’ve upped my moisturising regularity too.

Leave Ins: SachaJuan and Kerastase Magistral. I use both every few days and occasionally seal with Moroccanoil or amla oil when bunning. I also use Aphogee Pro Vitamin leave in but only on wash days

Pre Poo: Mane Choice, Kerastase Premier Soin, Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, or overnight with oils

Protein: Hairfinity Amino Mask, Hydratherma Naturals Protein Treatment, Nexxus Polydemic Emergency Reconstructor, (this one only every 8 weeks or so).

DC’s: Kerastase Magistral, Hydratherma Naturals Moisture, Kerastase Masquintense

I have a lot of other products but I've been using these ones consistently

I normally air dry and use flexi rods and satin pillow rollers for waves.

sweetiep

:hiya:I love this thread. Nice to know there are still relaxed ladies with beautiful hair. I was a member a long while ago but couldn’t remember my info so I just recently rejoined with a new name. It was almost like being a Newbie again. I’m SL and recently relaxed last week after being natural for about 3 years. Pic above. I moved to TX from VA and could not handle the humidity anymore and it was causing me to use heat more than I wanted since I like to wear my hair straight. I still have a lot to read and catch up on.
Glad to be here ladies!

Evolving78

:hiya:I love this thread. Nice to know there are still relaxed ladies with beautiful hair. I was a member a long while ago but couldn’t remember my info so I just recently rejoined with a new name. It was almost like being a Newbie again. I’m SL and recently relaxed last week after being natural for about 3 years. Pic above. I moved to TX from VA and could not handle the humidity anymore and it was causing me to use heat more than I wanted since I like to wear my hair straight. I still have a lot to read and catch up on.
Glad to be here ladies!
Welcome back!

LushLox

Glad to be here ladies!

Welcome (again!) the more the merrier in this thread as the numbers seem to be depleting!

You’re starting from a great canvas; relaxing from being natural for a few years. Your hair looks lovely!

MzSwift

So I’m not going to continue with the Vitale relaxer. For a mild, it processed my hair really fast! I’m also finding that my hair feels different in a not so good way during this stretch. I’m going back to my Motions. Even if I don’t mix it, it doesn’t process too quickly. My next relax day is scheduled for May 4th and I’m planning to stay in cornrows and wigs until the week before.

And why the heck can’t I find my beloved CPR?? I’m so hurt because these Joico products just aren’t making my hair feel the same. I’m usually a cheapie girl but I wanted to see if more expensive salon products would work better. I’ve given them almost a year and I’m not impressed. I’m just gonna keep mixing my Queen Helene based DCs and call it a day. I may keep the K-Pak for a strong tx pre or post relaxer.

sweetiep

How @LushLox think she was just gonna slide on in here with pix of those luscious locks and not post a reggie? Girl, you know we couldn’t let you get away with that! :p What you’re doing is definitely working, beautifully!! KUTGW!!

:welcome4: Back @sweetiep !!

Awww...thanks! Going natural did help a lot and I probably could've made it work a little longer in VA but this TX humidity did not want me to be great. lol.
In my avatar pic, I had relaxed 2 days before with Phytospecific Index 2 and let air dry. 2 days later, I used Clairol Professional Beautiful Collection advanced gray solution in midnight black. I started graying at 17, so most of my hair is gray. I was using a demi perm color that thinned my hair out, so I won't be using that again.

Anyhoo, after applying the color I DC'd using Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful deep conditioner with heat. After rinsing I spray with Mane n Tail Detangler, using a shower comb and small amt of Coco Curls Moisturizing Styling cream. I apply T3 Echos Herb treatment (Introduced to this by a Dominican stylist in Virginia Beach who helped me transition from relaxed to natural- she was great!) to my scalp only after parting and twists. I let air dry in twists until about 80% dry. then blow dried without a comb on warm, far away from my hair (enough just to blow a little air). I used a very small amount of Coco Curls cream to my dried hair and small amt of silk elements Megasilk heat protectant in my hands and rub on hair (so it doesn't get to oily).

On regular days, I use the Ogx thick 7 full + biotin & collagen (sulfate free) Shampoo and Conditioner. I also recently started back using Sta Sof Fro again and lightly seal with coconut oil.

After reading some threads about ceramides I bought some safflower oil and grapseed oil and using as a prepoo.

abioni

I had about 2-inch pieces coming off whenever I combed my hair in the past. My hair was also dry. I took a break and wore braids for two months and used African Royal braids spray (high in glycerin) and shea butter mix. I also used Emergencee protein treatment three months ago. My breakage has greatly reduced, I barely lost any hair after my relaxer.

@abioni your hair is beautiful! Why do you think you are experiencing breakage? Did it stop after relaxing?

And yay for length checks with a number shirt! :)

LushLox

How @LushLox think she was just gonna slide on in here with pix of those luscious locks and not post a reggie? Girl, you know we couldn’t let you get away with that! :p What you’re doing is definitely working, beautifully!! KUTGW!!

:welcome4: Back @sweetiep !!

I did post something on the other page lol. In essence I wash and DC once or twice a week, moisturise and seal every few days. I normally air dry. My relaxer tends to be between 12 and 16 weeks.

That’s it really I try not to over complicate things too much.

Thank you yes this is my natural hair colour, I’m quite fortunate, hardly any greys yet. I've never used colour but I'm thinking about it.

Thanks, I wash and DC at least once a week sometimes twice a week. I alternate the proteins and use them every two weeks without fail. This has been the big difference I think, as I was slacking on protein before and I’ve upped my moisturising regularity too.

Leave Ins: SachaJuan and Kerastase Magistral. I use both every few days and occasionally seal with Moroccanoil or amla oil when bunning. I also use Aphogee Pro Vitamin leave in but only on wash days

Pre Poo: Mane Choice, Kerastase Premier Soin, Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, or overnight with oils

Protein: Hairfinity Amino Mask, Hydratherma Naturals Protein Treatment, Nexxus Polydemic Emergency Reconstructor, (this one only every 8 weeks or so).

DC’s: Kerastase Magistral, Hydratherma Naturals Moisture, Kerastase Masquintense

I have a lot of other products but I've been using these ones consistently

I normally air dry and use flexi rods and satin pillow rollers for waves.