Relaxed Hair Thread

Sosoothing

A few years now. When Motions CPR changed their formula, I had to find another protein dc.

I don't use direct heat. However, I put on a plastic cap and tie a towel around it. I use a hand towel so it's long enough to gather back into a towel ponytail. :yep:

How long do you leave the Nexxus Emergencee on your hair? Do you use heat with it?

@sunnieb
I think what she meant was...
How long is it on your hair :giggle:
I wanna know too.

Wenbev

bought hair tonight currently soaking the hair in an ACV/water mix in the tub. Currently 7 weeks post. hoping I can keep the braids in for at least 6 weeks.

MzSwift

I hit 4 weeks today in my crochet mambo havana twists. These 18” seemed to be harder to keep up than the 12” ones I had in last month. I was hoping I could just throw these in a bun and go but it hasn’t been like that.

Gonna take these out soon. Wash and DC. Then I have to find the best way to rest my hair for about 3-4 weeks until I texlax. I’m thinking about doing a blowout.

What do you ladies usually do to rest your hair after rocking extesions/weaves? I’m also thinking of pressing it but I don’t think it’s wise to straighten it during the summer heat.

MzSwift

Ooooh, I know! I’m gonna put my hair into 4 or 5 big twists and then start wearing wigs 24/7. Just have to figure out how to keep my new growth from shrinking and matting...

L.Brown1114

Welcome!
What is the benefit of a round brush versus a brush like Denman?

Hey! Sorry just seeing this. A round brush paired with a blow dryer gives your hair a look as if its been flat ironed but give you body as well. So I would never have to use a flat iron again so less likely for heat damage

GraceandJoy

Butterfly
How are you ladies keeping your ends healthy?
I keep my hair in a bun most days of the week, with ends tucked in. I also wear a headband almost every day. Sometimes I wear a fake braided pony tail with my natural hair wrapped around the base of the pony, with ends tucked in. I moisturize and seal daily. I have high porosity hair. I alternate between Garnier sleek and shine moisturizer, Pantene Prov-V moisturizer for relaxed hair, and SCurl to moisturize and olive oil and a light old-fashioned hair grease to seal. I only wear my hair out when I'm doing big presentations (hundreds of people), which is about five times a year.

PlanetCybertron

How are you ladies keeping your ends healthy?

Depends on what’s been going on for me.

Usually I keep them bunned for months at a time. If I’ve done box braids or twists on my own hair, I’ll use a combination of Shea Butter, some type of protein treatment, and seal over with holding gel, and leave my ends alone until I take the braids or twists down.

As of late I haven’t had any braids, just been Bunning again, and I’ve opted for protein layering. Hair towards my roots down to my ears gets mainly moisture, midshaft gets a combo of protein and moisture, and the last 5-6 inches of hair get mostly protein based leave ins, then I seal and bun.

It’s been about 6-7 months of me not really using any combs or brushes. I mainly just finger detangle.

I mainly make it a point to not manipulate my hair any more than I need to.

MzSwift

Crochets are out. I put my hair in braided quadrants and washed and DC'd. I think I'm just going to oil and tighten the braids a bit and then throw my wig over it.

Was going to relax next month but I'm not sure I have enough new growth for me to feel comfortable doing it. I'm a slow grower and only about 4 months post. My new growth looks weird now because I'm fresh out of long term braids. I'll wait and see what it looks like after two weeks of rest. If it doesn't look like I need to relax, I'll just wait until the EOTY and then do my Jan-Dec comparison pic.

I may wait so that I can try out this CHI Infra treatment + silk infusion in the fall to see how well it helps to straighten my new growth

MzSwift

I'm dropping these right here because, y'all, I am INSPIRED!!

http://www.hairliciousinc.com/2015/08/loving-my-relaxed-hair-presents-lawrene.html

http://www.hairliciousinc.com/2015/09/loving-my-relaxed-hair-presents-lakevia.html

http://www.hairliciousinc.com/2015/03/loving-my-relaxed-hair-presents-rebecca.html

ETA: I'm gonna add this one in too because this progress is AMAZING!!

http://www.hairliciousinc.com/2015/06/loving-my-relaxed-hair-presents.html

Last edited:

MzSwift

MzSwift

I’ve incorporated two techniques from my natural regimen into my texlaxed routine this past year and I think they’re already making a difference. Finger detangling and washing in loose braids are helping me keep hair on my head.

My hair tangles so much when I wash it loose, even doing it in the downward direction under the water. Then I tried to incorporate wide toothed comb detangling under running water. Both ways still caused lots of hair loss for me.

I’m excited to see my progress in a year with these techniques and PSing with wigs and crochet braids. I’m also planning to throw in some drawstring ponytails too because I bought a bunch of them.

NaturallyFlawless

I grew my own hair to these lengths once I figured out what worked for my hair.

Main thing is my hair likes to be bound. So I keep my hair braided under wigs. my hair hates small cornrows. I keep my hair in 3 big cornrows and keep my hair moisturized with my own oil mix that I use 3x per week specifically formulated to treat scalp and skin conditions (I’ve developed it into a business)
I relax my hair every 12 weeks. I relax, deep condition, oil rinse with coconut oil, Air dry, apply a leave in, apply oil mix to damp scalp, heat protectant, blow dry or air dry and then apply my oil mix to length of hair. I’ve done this religiously and I went from shoulder length to waist in under 2 years solely by using my oil mix. I also did trims in between so it was pretty shocking to me as well.

Attachments

• 4AD00EDC-88A0-4DD9-8AF8-E769FEDF5189.jpeg
    4AD00EDC-88A0-4DD9-8AF8-E769FEDF5189.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited: