• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

Relaxed Hair Thread

BonBon88

I love Olaplex as well! I started relaxing again in June and will do so again in January. Because I use such heavy oils and hair cream when I bun, I wash my hair before using No. 2 (I’m not sure if the company took into account the fact that many/most black women use heavy products when creating their instructions). After a few hours I rinse it out without shampooing again, then apply deep conditioner or henna when I feel like I need it. I only use No. 1 (when relaxing), 2 and 6 - they’ve worked wonders for my hair in the last year.

Last edited:

You guys are right. I love it! I used No 3, 4,5 and 6 and my hair has never been more manageable! My 8 weeks worth of new growth is nice and loose! My plan is to alternate with a protein/moisture dc for every wash

Where you do guys find no. 1? I suppose it goes in relaxers? I would love to have one on hand for my next relaxer

BonBon88

You guys are right. I love it! I used No 3, 4,5 and 6 and my hair has never been more manageable! My 8 weeks worth of new growth is nice and loose! My plan is to alternate with a protein/moisture dc for every wash

Where you do guys find no. 1? I suppose it goes in relaxers? I would love to have one on hand for my next relaxer
No. 1 and 2 (and all the rest) are sold on sites like Ebay and Overstock with great reviews - make of that what you will :). Some vendors have better standing than others so it's important to research. You could also find someone who has a cosmetology license or any other beauty industry license (I was told the type of license doesn't matter as long as it's beauty industry, whatever that means).

Some mix No. 1 into the relaxer itself before application, then apply No. 2 later in the process. I personally mix any oil I have on hand with my relaxer, apply it, rinse it really well, then an ACV rinse and then neutralizing shampoo (ACV rinse cuts down washing with neutralizing shampoo significantly - the suds turn white after like 2 washes but I wash 3 or 4 times to be safe). After that I apply No. 1 and 2 for an hour, rinse, then deep condition with heat. So it really just depends on your hair and when you think it's best to incorporate the products into your relaxer routine.

No. 1 and 2 (and all the rest) are sold on sites like Ebay and Overstock with great reviews - make of that what you will :). Some vendors have better standing than others so it's important to research. You could also find someone who has a cosmetology license or any other beauty industry license (I was told the type of license doesn't matter as long as it's beauty industry, whatever that means).

Some mix No. 1 into the relaxer itself before application, then apply No. 2 later in the process. I personally mix any oil I have on hand with my relaxer, apply it, rinse it really well, then an ACV rinse and then neutralizing shampoo (ACV rinse cuts down washing with neutralizing shampoo significantly - the suds turn white after like 2 washes but I wash 3 or 4 times to be safe). After that I apply No. 1 and 2 for an hour, rinse, then deep condition with heat. So it really just depends on your hair and when you think it's best to incorporate the products into your relaxer routine.
I was thinking of doing the first type but that largely depends on what I have on hand when the time comes

Thank you so much sharing that with me/us!