Relaxed Hair Thread

acapnleo

Re: Relaxed Hair THREAD!!

Another relaxed head checking in! :)

My main products as of late =
One 'N Only Argan oil and the restructuring conditioner mask (which I use as a leave in mixed with the oil)- it is very moisturizing.

I wash and condition with Pantene Smooth and Sleek (the conditioner is SLIPPY)
I also condition with the 2 minute Aphogee conditioner
I am stretching right now and hope I don't regret it. I haven't relaxed since November 2010-- trying to make it to June...

Recently, I have also implemented Oil with rinsing my hair... this is very helpful for me.

***This does not mean I don't have lots of products that I NEED to use up :lol: or toss :look: but I have found simplicity so far and I have gotten much better about using products found locally, versus ordering online...

winterinatl

All natural!
I'm relaxed with elucence sensitive scalp. I relax about 4 times a year. I began using Bkt about 2 years ago and have retained more length than ever before. My reg is simple:

Shampoo weekly. I use Keracare moisturizing shampoo and Humecto.

I deep condition with Humecto with heat, or the ORS replenishing conditioner.

I rinse lightly, towel dry, and apply Sabino LOK & BLOK regardless of whether I want straight hair or not, regardless of whether I have Bkt or not. I use it to seal in moisture and it WORKS.

At this point I airdry in a ponytail. I rarely need any heat with texlaxed hair + Bkt.

I am about to start morning workouts so will Bkt again- I am going to see how my hair will handle blow drying several times a week after workout.

My hair was about wl before my trim Wednesday, now it's about mbl/below my thick ole brastrap.

I never thought it would get this long.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

beauti

hellerr! relaxed 4something over here! not sure if i will remain relaxed... :look:
i will be 6mos post in april woot woot! i'm somewhere between bsl and mbl
my regimen....its all over the place. theres no specific schedule for washing and no particular product line,as i am a PJ :Copy of 2cool:
BUT lately i have been pooing and DCing w/heat (30min-1hr) every week
a few products in my err...collection that i use often:

evco
safflower oil
vatika oil
meera shampoo
roux porosity conditioner
roux porosity 'poo
white rain coconut conditioner
suave almond and shea butter conditioner
molasses

starting in april i plan to up my DCing to twice weekly, co-wash once a week, and 'poo once a month, also incorporate my ayurvedic treatments in there somewhere.

toni44

Yeah thanks for your reply! :) I finnally tried baggying. it works wonders for moisture. im still working on finding a good moisturising leave in, im all about ready to try an make my own`:drowning: ..... still reading up on all natural conditioner recipes. Henna and Indigo also work well for relaxed hair, i did it last week really, really made my hair thicker.:yep:

tasha7239

Hello Ladies!

Relaxed 4a. It is some beautiful hair in here!!!!!

Regi:

I wash once a week with CON kiwi something. Its in an orange bottle. I DC twice a week. One of the DC's is with my wash. I DC with Kenra, Joico, some AO, sunflower, and chi oil (I will add anything to my DC). I always DC overnight. Right now I am using the GVP of Sebastian Potion 9 for a leave in. I mix it with a little Yes to Cucumbers leave it. As you can tell I love to mix stuff together. Bunning is my PS of choice and I bun 95% of the time.

My last relaxer was about a two weeks ago after 17 weeks post. Never again..my hair was a mess. I did not take care of it properly and it was a dry tangled mess. I will now relaxer no later than 12 weeks. Probably more like 10 weeks.

One inch from APL..... use to be BSL but seeing all this hair I think I am a MBL kinda girl.

As far as vits I have some viviscal (sp). I really need to stick with it to see how it is. I also take Solgar womens supplement as well as biotin and MSM.

Is anyone using SAA? If so where are you getting them from?

theLovelyStyle

Im excited to relax tomorrow!! I have no idea how long my hair is. Probably somewhere between APL and BSL.

11 weeks ago I had my last relaxer, last length check, and last trim. I trimmed about 1-2 inches off due to "dead" ends I had held on since '08 (yea I know..but I dust every relaxer!).

theneolution

Hi all. I've been a lurker on these forums for a few months, and this is my first post. :)

I'm a relaxed head ... something between 4a/b I think. And this is the first time I've been extremely serious about taking care of my hair. I was APL not too long ago and a huge set back has put me at SL. A combination of not caring for my head among stress and a bad break up was behind that. My hair is broken off really bad. :(

I use to relax every 5-6 weeks, but am currently in the middle of an 8-week stretch. I graduate May 5, so I want to relax around that time.
I have a huge problem with putting my hands in my hair, so I've been bunning for the most part as of late. Tried a braid out, and before my set back I would mostly rollerset.
I co-washed for the first time last night, and was amazed at how much it helped soften my new growth, so will definitely be adding that into my regimen.

Other than that, I moisturize every night with Palmer's Replenishing Coconut Hair Milk/ORS Carrot Oil, and use Proclaim 7 Olive Oil to seal.
Co-washing with Suave Mint+Rosemary/HE Hello Hydration.
I shampoo every 7-10 days with One 'n Only Argan Oil, and DC with Burt`s Bees Shea+Grapefruit or the Argan Oil Hydrating mask.

I look forward to sharing my journey here with you all, and hope to receive plenty of support as I work towards HEALTHY long hair. :)

EDIT: Last picture was HUGE. Sorry!

Last edited:

morehairplease

Hello Ladies!

Relaxed 4a. It is some beautiful hair in here!!!!!

Regi:

I wash once a week with CON kiwi something. Its in an orange bottle. I DC twice a week. One of the DC's is with my wash. I DC with Kenra, Joico, some AO, sunflower, and chi oil (I will add anything to my DC). I always DC overnight. Right now I am using the GVP of Sebastian Potion 9 for a leave in. I mix it with a little Yes to Cucumbers leave it. As you can tell I love to mix stuff together. Bunning is my PS of choice and I bun 95% of the time.

My last relaxer was about a two weeks ago after 17 weeks post. Never again..my hair was a mess. I did not take care of it properly and it was a dry tangled mess. I will now relaxer no later than 12 weeks. Probably more like 10 weeks.

One inch from APL..... use to be BSL but seeing all this hair I think I am a MBL kinda girl.

As far as vits I have some viviscal (sp). I really need to stick with it to see how it is. I also take Solgar womens supplement as well as biotin and MSM.

Is anyone using SAA? If so where are you getting them from?
Hi there,

You can purchase saa from here: http://www.lotioncrafter.com/silk-amino-acids.html. Before you place your order, check the vendors forum to see if there is a current coupon/discount code available.

hths,
tishee

AlkalineSteam

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I appreciate this thread. LHCF would you believing that every BW in America is natural except for you.

*retreating back to the lurking shadows*

JJamiah

Hello Ladies I just relaxed on Tuesday after a 9 and half month stretch :)
:grin:

I got a nice cut along with it.

Today I picked up (to up a staple, which I replaced) the Elasta QP soy Oyl DEep conditioner. This is for my Henna Mix. :)

I won't be using it alone. I just want a nice Deep Conditioner that doesn't cost a lot to mix into my Henna.

I will relax again in 4-6 months :)
But Henna every 4-6 weeks :)

The Tangle Teezer has been my BFF through this stretch, :) It stopped my tender head from crying :yep:

Curlybeauty

Hello Ladies I just relaxed on Tuesday after a 9 and half month stretch :)
:grin:

I got a nice cut along with it.

Today I picked up (to up a staple, which I replaced) the Elasta QP soy Oyl DEep conditioner. This is for my Henna Mix. :)

I won't be using it alone. I just want a nice Deep Conditioner that doesn't cost a lot to mix into my Henna.

I will relax again in 4-6 months :)
But Henna every 4-6 weeks :)

The Tangle Teezer has been my BFF through this stretch, :) It stopped my tender head from crying :yep:

This is a really good DC with lots of slip, and it smells good.

godzooki

Just came off of a 24 and a half week stretch and did a self touch up. Won't be going that far again. Now waiting a bit before I do my henna/indigo.

MariposaSexyGirl

Relaxed checking in. I'm loving the Long term relationship line right now. I really like how my hair smells and feels with it. I wash once or twice a week.

sunnieb

I know we're kind of talkin' about reggies, but since all the relaxed heads are in one place I have a question for everybody.

How do you guys style your hair the week after a relaxer when it's thin and limp? My hair was really dry and, I fear, damaged after my trip to the salon, so all I really wanna do is protective style and do hairstyles with low manipulation, but my hair is so thin right now. If I wanted to wear my hair down and straight I would love it, but I don't. I tried a braidout last night, but that was a big flop. My braidouts look SOOOOO much better a month or two after a relaxer.

So what tips do you guys have?

cia_garces - this is the main reason I started self-relaxing. The pic of my hair in my avi is right after a fresh relaxer. I really think going to a salon was what held my hair back from reaching it's full potential.

Try these steps to give your freshly relaxed hair a little more umph:

Clarify shampoo
Moisturize shampoo
Moisturize deep conditioner
Add your leave-ins and air dry for about an hour
Braid (or put in bantu knots) while your hair is damp
Put on silk scarf or bonnet and let set overnight

Hopefully this helps!

JJamiah

In another week I will be going to get a roller set, DRC treatment and DC. I just am a little P'd that I have to get the treatment at the Salon and I already have it :(
Anywho I do need it as I just relaxed. HUH!

I will go again early morn so that I don't have to stay for 4 hours.

PraisedBeauty

Relaxed checking in. I'm loving the Long term relationship line right now. I really like how my hair smells and feels with it. I wash once or twice a week.

I love the leave in. The conditioner leaves me dry for some reason. :sad: which makes me sad since I love the smell!

janeemat

Relaxed lady checking in. I'm a little over 2 wks post relaxer and nursing my hair back to good health. I'm deep cond with heat twice a week and rollersetting once a week.

Britt

MariposaSexyGirl how do you typically dry your hair? You have a lot of hair and I see you wash once or twice a week. I usually like to do a mid week wash but I go under the dryer for a good 30 minutes just so that my hair isn't sopping wet in the morning.

nickpoopie

I typically wash and DC every week and the only heat my hair gets is from me roller wrapping and sitting under my hooded dryer. I've been rollerwrapping my hair for a long time and my hair was at it's longest (APL) in 2007, I was also pregnant then, and after I had my son I experienced a lot of shedding and breakage. Now my hair is SL and I'm desperately :drowning:trying to get back to APL by August 2011.

Current Regimen:
Wash with Tui Herbal Shampoo (Carol's Daughter)
ACV Rinse
DC w/ Tui Smoothie and Olive Oil's Replenishing Pak for 20 minutes
ACV Rinse
Tui Leave in Conditioner
Raw Shea Butter Oil
Argan Oil

The Shea and Argan Oil leaves my hair feeling extra soft, then I apply Nairobi Foam lotion and set my hair on rollers. After I take the rollers out I wrap my hair and then wrap it with saran wrap and sit under the dryer for another 20 minutes. The saran wrap makes my hair silky and this lasts for a week. I want to try doing this same technique but instead of wearing it down bun it after curls have been combed through.

I'll be back later to post some pics.

nickpoopie

I forgot to add that I'm currently taking chlorella tablets and a multivitamin.

Last edited: