Relaxed Hair Thread

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
Re: Relaxed Hair THREAD!!

I am relaxed 4b...Sorry I don't have any recent pictures, but you can see my hair on my YouTube channel (see siggy).

I am currently between SL and APL and have been so for the last year because I keep getting my hair cut for vatious reasons. (I cut my hair to get rid of hilights in April 2010, and I also cut it into layers in October 2010) My goal is to make it to BSL.

I relax every 10-12 weeks. I tried stretching longer and experienced lots of shedding and breakage.

I wash and DC weekly.

I usually wear my hair flat-ironed straight.

I only take a multivitamin, my iron supplement for my anemia, and Omega 3-6-9 (occasionally).

My Staples...
-Silk Amino Acids
-AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
-Joico K-Pak
-Chi Silk Infusion
-Chi Keratin Mist
-Olive oil
-Food grade aloe vera gel

I cannot wait to read everyone's responses! HHG!

Last edited:

sunnieb

Howdy! Marking my spot! Be back later with reggie!

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

ETA: Here's my regimen

As of January 2011, my hair length is between APL and BSL. My ultimate goal length is healthy relaxed tailbone length.

My Regimen: shampoo/DC 2x a week; co-wash 3x a week; always airdry (only allow direct heat when I get relaxer touch ups); relaxer touch ups at salon with Affirm every 14 weeks.

My Products:

Shampoo: Suave Daily Clarifying(2x a month); Nexxus Therappe (weekly)

Deep Conditioners (always add 1tbsp honey and evoo <heated in microwave for 12 seconds before mixing with conditioner>): Nexxus Humectress/Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor

I apply my deep conditioners like Hairlicious in this video:

YouTube - Hairlicious Inc: How to Apply a Deep Conditioner to Your Hair

Only difference is that I no longer twist, I just lay my hair over to the side.

***Update*** As of July 2010, I've been doing my protein deep conditioner on dry hair. It makes a difference! My hair is softer and has more bounce. I then follow up with the Motions CPR shampoo and airdry with my regular leave-ins.

Co-wash Conditioners: Garnier Fructis/Herbal Essences

Leave Ins: ORS Carrot Oil, African Royale Hot Six Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, NTM Silk Touch Leave-In, Lacio Lacio Silk Leave-In (when I’m 10-12 weeks post), Rusk Smoother, Mane 'n Tail detangler

Last edited:

Minty

hey ladies!! :wave:

~ trim every 2-3 months
~ Relax every 8-10 weeks *currently using PHYTO II
~ Light protein often (J-Pak, Aloxxi Keramix)
~ Hard protein every 6 weeks (Aloxxi Polymedic Reconstructor)
~ Henna .......teetering on this again. I want color and less mess, but henna is a healthier option than using a demi so no chesnut hair color for me. :ohwell:
~ Steamer every 1-2 weeks.

I also spend less time using 'extensive' deep conditioners. So when the instructions say 5 mins - that's I'm looking for.

I do focus alot on diet and supplementation and exercise.

What are you doing differently this year than last year?

Last edited:

baglady215

Hey... 4a/b relaxed here! Was around here years ago, went from SL to BSL, then slacked up in my hair care and suffered for it. I'm about APL now, hoping to get to BSL by the end of the year.

Reggie:
Relax every 16 weeks... going to give MBB Super a try in March
Wash 1x per week
Cowash whenever I feel like it
Protein as needed
Daily moisture/sealing
Wigs w/ baggy underneath
Vitamins (NSI Hair Skin and Nails, Alive Multivitamin, and others for overall health)
Trying to up my water intake

Staples:
Kenra MC
Joico K-Pak
Joico Moisture Recovery
Roux PC
Rusk Smoother
Water mix for daily misting
Always looking for new ones (aka I'm a hardcore PJ)

Experimenting with ceramides for hair health and sulfur for growth

Happy Hair Growing

Last edited:

blessedandlucky

Hi everyone. My hair is 4b relaxed.

Regimen:
Wash every 7-10 days in the past now moving to every 10-14 days
Clarify every 6 weeks or as needed
Deep condition each wash
Protein every 4 weeks or as needed
Prepoo sometimes
Use heat to blow-dry on wash day after hair is partially dry
I relax every 8-12 weeks. 12 weeks was my longest just recently and i experienced a lot of breakage:( so 10 wks max going forward.

Staples:
Abba pure moisture shampoo
Ao honeysuckle rose conditioner
Ao rosa mosqueta (after 6 wks post)
Paul Mitchell the conditioner leave in
Jane Carter nourish and shine
Alter ego garlic conditioner
Almond oil for prepoo and add to deep conditioner. I just used castor oil today and may switch; the jury's still out.
Caruso steam curlers (I use these almost daily)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

bellebebe

I'm in. This will be my first challenge for 2011.
I will be relaxing every 3 months, and will keep my hair in wigs as a protective style. I will be following the deep moisture method, while my hair is cornrowed underneath my wigs; I will deep condition weekly, and do a protein treatment monthly. I will oil my scalp with evco and spray aloe vera juice on my hair daily.
That pretty much sums it up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

~NanCeBoTwin~

I'm a relaxed 4a/b.

I relax every 14 weeks at the bare minimum and 21 weeks at the max.

Mid-Late Fall, Winter Reggie:
Go to my Stylist for a Wash and DC every 2 weeks
Roller Set or Flat Iron
Add moisture products as needed (NTM, Whipped Ends)
Trim as needed

Spring,Summer, Early Fall Reggie:
Cowash 3-5 times a week (as needed) (using AM)
DC 1x a week (KC Humecto)
Ayurvedic Tea Rinse 1x a week (Maka, Amla, and Brhami mixture)
Twist out, braid out, or bun
Trim as needed
I usually cut my salon visits down to Once every Month to Month and a half

Last edited:

kami11213

Relaxed head here touching WL haven't relaxed in over a year b/c I have't felt the desire to... I may be relaxing in Feb though...

Reggie:

Normally I relax every 4-6 months

Wash and deep condition once a week. The products I use vary but I'm a Mizani girl, I love the bontafying and puriphying shampoo as well as the moisturefuse conditioner. I also use CON moisture extreme conditioner and Nexxus Therappe shampoo...

Protein 1x a month or as needed.

I use direct heat no more than 4x a year,usually after washing I rollerset or bun. Lately I've been keeping my routine very simple by braiding my hair hair in 4 plaits, pinning up and rocking a wig. I will probably do this through winter...

BGT

4 A/B head here

- relax every 12 weeks (but I'm considering stretching until the end of May)
- wash with NTM, Nexxus, or CON shampoo; condition or DC with Aussie Moist, Nexxus, or NTM; protein treatments with Aphogee 2 Minute or Giovanni
- co-wash with VO5
- rollersets or braidouts
- will start henna-ing soon!

Optimus_Prime

4a relaxed
every 10-13 weeks
WL
2011 goal is HL.
Rollersets for maintainence
Buns ALL the time
DC 1-2x weekly

Minty

vitamins regimen:

Saw Palmetto/Pygeum
NSI - Healthy Skin
Nioxin (1)
B-Complex (1)
Biotin complex vit (1x)
borage oil (1)

afjhnsn

Relaxed 4something here. I don't bother with hair typing.. It confuses
me :p
I'll be back w my reg. and staples :)

[moisture drenched!]Prepoo/Shampoo 1X/wk
Deep condish on wash day ..I want to get back into dc'ing more than once per week, but Sometimes it's nice to maintain a style throughout the week, so.. =/
Cowash 1X/wk, but again... same as my DC issue..I want to get back into it.

I am always either bunning or rollersetting/pincurling

My staples :)
Salerm 21 B5 leave-in
lacio lacio
taliah waajid bodifier
joico protect and shine serum mixed w/jojoba oil, silk amino acids and argan oil
JBCO <3
Roux PC!
Aussie 3MM
Aphogee 2 min

I recently used aphogee 2 step =/

I like that it made my hair feel stronger, but prior to using it my hair was always buttery soft. I used the DC packet that came with it and mixed it with my aussie 3min, but my hair didn't feel nearly as nice or as soft as it usually does :<
Very unhappy about that ... I'll try to DC sometime Tues or Wed to see if that will fix it, but has anyone else had this problem???

Last edited:

Aireen

Regimen:

- Stretch relaxers for 3-4 months
- Wash, deep condition, and air dry hair at least once/week
- Keep hair covered at home
- Take vitamins when I remember :look: (I'm working on this)
- Use ceramide conditioners (I'm in a challenge)
- Prepoo edges before washing (New thing I'm trying to give them some more attention)

Toy

Relaxed 4B HipLength on my way to Tailbone Length.

Regime

2 times a week condition wash/deep condition with Wen Fig,Joico Moisture Recovery Balm,Aussie Moist Conditioner,Aussie 3 min Deep Conditioner,Joico Kpak Moisture Hydration Conditioner,Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner,Ors Replenshing Conditioner & Many More (((My hair Loves Moisturizing Conditioners ))) so when ever i see a good conditioner I try it if the price is decent.

Moisturizers: Qhemet Root Burdock,Qhemet Olive & Honey balm,S-Curl,Proline Softner Moisturizer.

I Relax Every 8 wks With Dark & lovely Relaxer

No Shampoo,I use Roux Porosity Control once a month

I only use Heat when i am checking the Length

Protective style 99.9% of the time

carcajada

Relaxed 4B HipLength on my way to Tailbone Length.

Regime

2 times a week condition wash/deep condition with Wen Fig,Joico Moisture Recovery Balm,Aussie Moist Conditioner,Aussie 3 min Deep Conditioner,Joico Kpak Moisture Hydration Conditioner,Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner,Ors Replenshing Conditioner & Many More (((My hair Loves Moisturizing Conditioners ))) so when ever i see a good conditioner I try it if the price is decent.

Moisturizers: Qhemet Root Burdock,Qhemet Olive & Honey balm,S-Curl,Proline Softner Moisturizer.

I Relax Every 8 wks With Dark & lovely Relaxer

No Shampoo,I use Roux Porosity Control once a month

I only use Heat when i am checking the Length

Protective style 99.9% of the time

How do you wash so often? I get stressed just thinking about it. :nono: Are there specific things you do to make washing less of a chore?

Toy

How do you wash so often? I get stressed just thinking about it. :nono: Are there specific things you do to make washing less of a chore?

I've been doing it so long it doesn't bother me and i enjoy it..I dont do much but cleanse my scalp add what ever 2 conditioners i am using sit under a heat cap for 30 mins to an hour depends on the mood..rinse apply products and let it airdry.:grin:

Last edited:

carcajada

I've been doing it so long it doesn't me and i enjoy it..I dont do much but cleanse my scalp add what ever 2 conditioners i am using sit under a heat cap for 30 mins to an hour depends on the mood..rinse apply products and let it airdry.:grin:

and how do you do that? I've always had trouble getting my scalp clean. I could get out and look in the mirror after washing my scalp 4-5 times and there is still residue/dirt. I've given up. :ohwell:

sunnieb

Last edited:

Toy

and how do you do that? I've always had trouble getting my scalp clean. I could get out and look in the mirror after washing my scalp 4-5 times and there is still residue/dirt. I've given up. :ohwell:

Dont give up,I use Wen fig cleansing Conditioner or Apple cidar vinegar .

What are u using ?

danysedai

Still here! not too clear in my siggy because my hair was curled, but I'm full APL now, going for full BSL.

Will probably relax next Saturday, I'm still doing my same old routine because it works for me, washing once or twice a week, DC, rollersetting under my Pibbs,flat ironing roots and pincurling, bunning or wearing a banana clip when my hair is not out. I'm still an Alfaparf, Alter Ego and Kerastase fan so my products stay the same for the most part :)
I still love cones, parabens and moderate heat :) hair is thriving

carcajada

Dont give up,I use Wen fig cleansing Conditioner or Apple cidar vinegar .

What are u using ?

I've used ACV years ago, but I didn't see a difference. Maybe I should revisit that and pay attention to techniques others use. I don't use anything now as I don't wash my own hair anymore, :look: but I am looking to do more for myself at home now. I just remember why I stopped doing my own hair and what obstacles I have to over come.

- I hate trying to detangle it because the roots always curl up really bad (you and I have the same hair type but yours looks two inches longer. I would DIE if I washed this mop twice a week myself. :sad:)
- I can never get my scalp clean.

Thanks for the tips.

bebezazueta

Hey y'all!
See my progress in my siggie.
Henna monthly
Hard protein monthly
Dc weekly
2min aphoghee reconstructor weekly
Roux porosity control monthly
Roller wraps or buns
Little to no heat
Stretch relaxers 12-14 weeks
Mid step protein after relaxer wash out and before neutralizing
Scalp massages with sulfur/jbco mix
Aloe Vera juice, aphoghee green tea and pro vitamin leave ins
S curl for moisture and coconut oil to seal
Silken child relaxer regular

Last edited:

niqu92

yaaaaay a relaxed thread!:grin::grin:
im relaxed 3c/4a

i relax every 10weeks but im going to try and stretch for 14 or more weeks from now on
i usually trim with evry touchup however i slacked on trimming for the past 6-7months and its had a really bad effect on the health of my hair..soo i got a major trim today and went from being almost WL to just hitting MBL:ohwell: hopefully i can get back to where i was by the summertime.

i co-wash evry 3days with either garnierfructis triple nutrition,suave almond&shea butter,HE LTR, or Vo5
On Sundays i shampoo my hair w. Mizani Puriphying shampoo (it gives my hair a squeaky clean feeling:grin:) and i DC with eithr mizani hydrafuse or Silcon mix
After every touchup i do a protein treatment with mizani Kerafuse

as far as styling goes i stay in braidouts 90% of the time i only straighten my hair evry now&then.i wear my hair down a lot too but im going to try bunning more from now on

EbonyCPrincess

I'm currently about an inch above BSL and I started in May of '09 at NL. My regimen has not changed in the 18+ months I've been on a HHJ and for the past year most of my products have also been pretty consistent.

Wash with SLS-free shampoo 1x per week (Giovanni SAS), DC w/heat 1x per week (Bee Mine DC), Airdry with leave-ins (Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk) or Rollerset (Jane Carter Wrap & Roll), 99% of the time I'm in a low mani (braidout, pincurls, rollerset) or protective style (bun, updo, braids w/wig, and the occasional sew-in). I moisturize and seal every night (and sometimes morning) with a Bee Mine Moisturizer, for the past few months I've been using the Hair Milk as my daily moisturizer and sealing with either SA oil, Argan oil or Castor oil.

My most recent hair video on my YT page has some progress pics and reggie details as well.

ETA: I relax with Mizani No-Lye sensitive scalp at a salon approximately every 10 weeks.

Last edited:

BeautifulFlower

Yay we are often forgotten.

I have a super keep it simple regimen: Moisture morning and night with glycerin based product and oil, braid at night in 2 plaits or just bun & tie down with a scarf, wash/condition/detangle every weekend.

If my hair is feeling dry and I have alot of product already in my hair, I will run water through my hair, put in my bun or do a braidout if I decide to detangle.

Solitude

Relaxed head here. I basically cleanse my hair at least 2-3 times a week (sulfate-free shampoo or co-wash), and deep condition about every week. My staple style is the braidout. I also bun and rollerset. I flat iron once every 1-2 months.

Right now, I'm loving WEN/Hair One, Softsheen Carson Roots of Nature, Miss Jessie's, and coconut oil (actually, Vatika Frosting), and Hairveda's Whipped Gelly. For heat protection, I'm trying out the new Chi Brilliance line.

I'm a complete DIYer - trims, relaxers, everything.