Relaxed Hair Thread

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I try to wash weekly, if im feeling lazy i may co wash instead of washing cause it's quicker

anyone have any moisturizer recs? One thats light for flat ironed hair? And a heavy one for airdried hair? I hate the smell of elasta qp mango butter, skeptical about the ORS hair lotion and the Motions one too.
I’m low porosity, but I use TGIN Green Tea for both. I’m just really light handed You can find it on the ground but it’s cheaper on Ammyzon. I’ve heard you should look for an oil based moisturizer if you want to moisturize your flat ironed hair.

Honestly, I don’t moisturize my hair the first week I get it done. Then I add a little bit of oil to my ends. The second week I add my moisturizer if I keep my hair straight that long.

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
Another weekly washer here.

I started using shikakai powder in my hair which may be making a big difference. It seems to help my scalp and with detanging. I wish I'd have tried this years ago! I mix it with amla oil and yoghurt and a pre-shampoo. Last week I just decided to throw a bunch of random ingredients in for a pre-shampoo which turned out OK but I'm not doing it again, back to the yoghurt lol.

NatalieMochaccino

Hey, I'm texturized and I texturize my hair once over 2 years to prevent over-lapping and over-processing
-I take a multi-vitamin & hair skin and nails vitamin (nature's bounty gummies)
-I wash my hair twice a month
- Moisturize my hair nightly with Mizani H20 rose treatment
- I wear my hair in wash & go's 2 x a year

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
Hey, I'm texturized and I texturize my hair once over 2 years to prevent over-lapping and over-processing
-I take a multi-vitamin & hair skin and nails vitamin (nature's bounty gummies)
-I wash my hair twice a month
- Moisturize my hair nightly with Mizani H20 rose treatment
- I wear my hair in wash & go's 2 x a year
What the differences between rose and the coconut one, the latter I have used before?

sunnieb

Beautiful your ends look so blunt. Mine are a bit uneven, :ohwell: oh well I’m not too worried about that at the moment.
Thank you!

Well, I'm growing my hair back from a major setback. My ends betta be blunt! Lol!

When I was past BSL, not so much. I think with length comes a little unevenness.

LushLox

@lorr1e1 what did you learn from those relaxer videos you posted? Based on the thumbnails, I'm not clicking them.

Remember, this is the Relaxed Hair Thread. We are positive about relaxing in here.

Couldn’t agree more and I didn’t click on those vids either. Yes we all know that these things can happen when there is insufficient, time, care and effort is put into a serious chemical process.

I’m not sure what we have to gain though from seeing those thumbnails really.

sunnieb

In my search to find a replacement for NTM, I ordered this Biosilk from Ulta while it was on sale.

I have plenty of NTM, but I want to always have a good stash of my dally stakes on hand. Can't wait to try this out!

<pic won't attach>

BonBon88

In my search to find a replacement for NTM, I ordered this Biosilk from Ulta while it was on sale.

I have plenty of NTM, but I want to always have a good stash of my dally stakes on hand. Can't wait to try this out!

<pic won't attach>

What’s NTM? Thank you

LushLox

Yeah this is the problem. I have to have back ups of my favourite products because otherwise I’d be panicking.

There are a few favourites that I would honestly be grieving about if they were discontinued.

It is so so annoying when companies do this. Neutrogena would probably turn round and say, “well the product wasn’t selling very well.” That’s probably because they made it fairly difficult to find!

LushLox

How are you guys wearing your hair these days are you bunning, hiding your hair etc?

I just wear my silk cap a lot of the time but not constantly as I want to ensure I’m not stressing my hairline too much. I’m 13 weeks post so my styling options are quite limited, I don’t do too much to it. I have really been enjoying putting my hair into two Pocahonta braids and just pinning up the ends. I still manage to make the hair look nice and smooth from my wash day so I’m fine with it not being that exciting. We’re still on lockdown here so I don’t need to be doing anything fancy anyway.

GraceandJoy

Butterfly
How are you guys wearing your hair these days are you bunning, hiding your hair etc?

I just wear my silk cap a lot of the time but not constantly as I want to ensure I’m not stressing my hairline too much. I’m 13 weeks post so my styling options are quite limited, I don’t do too much to it. I have really been enjoying putting my hair into two Pocahonta braids and just pinning up the ends. I still manage to make the hair look nice and smooth from my wash day so I’m fine with it not being that exciting. We’re still on lockdown here so I don’t need to be doing anything fancy anyway.
I wear my hair pinned up every day. When I'm at home, I have it sectioned and in five twists. Daily to every 3 days, I take the twist down and moisture them. I then twist my twist into a bun and put a hairnet over the bun (a @sunnieb tip). The hairnet keeps my ends protected. I secure it with a satin scrunchie. If I have to go out, I sometimes style the crown (flat iron & loose curls) and wear a knit hat. If I go into the office, I still wear a bun, no twist, with the crown curly. My last stretch was for 18 &1/2 weeks. It was the easiest stretch and retouch that I've ever done.

abioni

I do hard protein treatment 3 or 4 days before my relaxer. Thinking of changing that. I'm thinking of doing the hard protein a week or two after the relaxer.
Which do you ladies think is better for the hair?

starfish

I’m BSL on my way to MBL and I’m getting impatient and have started to become a product junkie. I need to keep it simple, wash, deep condition, moisturize and seal, and bunning. I really want to go to WL but when I get to MBL I’ll probably do what I always do, say it’s too much hair (I like to rollerset and wear it out) and cut it back to BSL. I really prefer to wear my hair down but I‘m going through menopause and it’s too hot. (Lawd I’m so hot!) So wet bunning it is.
I wrote this on September 8th and I'm at MBL now. I actually didn't wet bun at all because my hair is at it's weakest when it's wet and I don't know a lot of protective styles except a bun. I just did my usual regimen and air dried or rollerset then kept up the style with those bendy satin rollers. (I don't know what they're called, rods?) I'm 53 and I thought my hair growth rate would slow down at my age but it hasn't. Now the challenge is to keep it growing in the summer when it's hot and I'm hot as hell. My hair is thick but fine and I treat it like delicate lace so I have to pay special attention to these ends while I'm on my way to WL. This summer I'm going to focus on learning different protective styles that don't twist as much as a bun to keep this hair off of me. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm so hot!!! This menopause is no joke!

LushLox

I do hard protein treatment 3 or 4 days before my relaxer. Thinking of changing that. I'm thinking of doing the hard protein a week or two after the relaxer.
Which do you ladies think is better for the hair?

If I was going to do a hard protein (personally I don’t need to do these) I would do it two weeks before the relaxer. You are preparing and strengthening your hair for the chemical service so I tend do think it’s more beneficial to do it beforehand.

sunnieb

Bun everyday, but I do wear it down for a few hours every few weeks to go out. Bunning my way to WL! :)

sunnieb

Congratulations @starfish! I'm 48, so you give me hope that I can get my BSL hair back.

Product update -'still looking for a replacement for my discontinued Neutrogena Triple Moisture. The Biosilk I bought I'd not what I weeks looking for. I want more of a cream, not oil. ORS has an olive oil cream that I've tried (a small packet is in the relaxer kit). I still have enough NTM to last a while, but I'm going to run out eventually. :rolleyes: