Relaxed Hair Thread

demlew

Thanks for the suggestion! For some reason I have in my mind that the Aussie Moist isn’t as good as more expensive brands that stay on my hair for 15-20 minutes, but that may not be the case. Now I’m on the hunt for a deep deep conditioner with excellent slip to get through all this new growth.
ETA: I’m going to search the “how many weeks to your next relaxer“ thread to see what the stretchers use.

Yep I love Aussie Moist for my midweek 'don't have time to DC' wash.

I used the Sprouted Curlies Avocado mask about a month ago when I was 8 weeks post. It's an overnight mask, so I used it that way since it was my first time trying the product. When I rinsed it out, my new growth was so soft and behaving lol that I wanted to cancel my relaxer appointment! I kept touching my hair all day. I got lucky bc they'd just had a sale so it was $9, but I've bought a second jar at full price of $15. Their shipping is quick too. I got my order in 5 days.

demlew

TPH by Taraji Make it Rain Hydrating Conditioner makes my hair melt. I have heard people say a conditioner melts their hair, this is the first time I'm experiencing this. I don't use heat with it. I leave it on while having my shower and rinse it out after and my hair feels so soft. I recommend it.

I read your post and immediately said "Oh noooo I have to try it!!" I'm trying to reform my PJ ways :lachen:

Apparently, the Target store that's 5 miles away from me has it in stock :look:

starfish

TPH by Taraji Make it Rain Hydrating Conditioner makes my hair melt. I have heard people say a conditioner melts their hair, this is the first time I'm experiencing this. I don't use heat with it. I leave it on while having my shower and rinse it out after and my hair feels so soft. I recommend it.
You were spot on with your description of this. My hair melted and the comb went through my new growth like I had a fresh perm. Unbelievable slip. I’ll continue to use it. Thank you!

demlew

You were spot on with your description of this. My hair melted and the comb went through my new growth like I had a fresh perm. Unbelievable slip. I’ll continue to use it. Thank you!

ITA! I tried it today. It definitely softened my new growth. I wish I liked the fragrance :-( I wear fruity/floral scents and it smelled like amber/musk to me. Ladies, if you like Flowerbomb-type perfumes, you'll probably like the fragrance of TPH Make it Rain!

abioni

I'm glad it worked for you ladies.
I agree about the scent, it's not my kind of scent I prefer flowery scents, even fruity. I noticed a lot of brands use masculine scents, Chi Silk Infusion serum and Design Essential Almond and Avocado leave-in come to mind. I still use them because I like how my hair feels whenever I use them.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I think I texlaxed too much. And I didn't get my edges too good.I don't like the way it looks moist. I went to the shop to get a wash, deep condition and ends trim. Leaving the trimming to professionals. My hair is so many different lengths. :look: :lol::abducted:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
It's so funny to me that I'm having difficulty being hands only on my relaxed hair. Like hello, the hair is straighter which should mean less of a struggle :lol:

I think I have a way around it, to be less tool dependent. I'm pretty sure I have to wait until my hair is mostly dry if I want to use my fingers only.

I never thought I'd be using grease on my relaxed hair, but here we are :lol: after my moisturizer is applied, a tench of grease is used to seal the deal. Dry hair who? We don't know her :rolleyes: I do use oil if anything on my scalp to be fair. I don't remember applying any grease on my scalp with the exception of base on relaxer day. That base was tearing my scalp up with how ticklish it made me feel. I'm wary of it. So if I don't feel like having a naked scalp, oil it is.

How is it grease feels better on my relaxed hair than my natural hair? Relaxed hair feels stronger and more nourished. Natural hair is like "gurl I guess" Like two totally separate heads of hair. What the French toast? :spinning:

I really gotta stop writing so late at night. All those typos :lol:

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
My edges so disrespectful, like Stevie Wonder did my relaxer and forgot about them. Like c'mon :hammer:Shoots, I'm not far off cause I can't see that good either. Sis needs to wear :dork: I wear them too:lachen:

How the heck I miss the most important part?!? I must’ve been tired, blind, or all possible combinations. Well it's braided now so :wiggle: I'm kickin' old school and just put a part on side and basically braided around that part with my own hair only. The parts are raggedy, but that's pretty on brand for me :rofl:

I think I'm done with my stream of consciousness lol.

starfish

It's so funny to me that I'm having difficulty being hands only on my relaxed hair. Like hello, the hair is straighter which should mean less of a struggle :lol:

I think I have a way around it, to be less tool dependent. I'm pretty sure I have to wait until my hair is mostly dry if I want to use my fingers only.

I never thought I'd be using grease on my relaxed hair, but here we are :lol: after my moisturizer is applied, a tench of grease is used to seal the deal. Dry hair who? We don't know her :rolleyes: I do use oil if anything on my scalp to be fair. I don't remember applying any grease on my scalp with the exception of base on relaxer day. That base was tearing my scalp up with how ticklish it made me feel. I'm wary of it. So if I don't feel like having a naked scalp, oil it is.

How is it grease feels better on my relaxed hair than my natural hair? Relaxed hair feels stronger and more nourished. Natural hair is like "gurl I guess" Like two totally separate heads of hair. What the French toast? :spinning:

I really gotta stop writing so late at night. All those typos :lol:
What is the name of the grease thou speaketh of?

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I wish I had thicker hair but alas it wasn't something I'm blessed with ever. I do love how luxe I feel using nice products on my hair. I didn't feel that way natural probably because I hated it but glad I had hair. Its like I can feel and see the benefit of products invested in more than natural.