Relaxed Heads: Braidouts & Twistouts *PICS*

BEAUTYU2U

Hi ladies!

Please share pictures of your relaxed hair in braidouts and twistouts. I did a quick search and I didn't find a similar post.

Yes, I'm natural - with no plans to return to relaxers - I'm just curious about how braidouts and twistouts come out on relaxed hair.

*this thread was inspired by exoticmommie's signature*

SingBrina

I am going to try this tonight perhaps, its hard for me to post pics here, but I do on Fotki, so if I do it tonight I will post that its up on my fotki :)

exoticmommie

Hi ladies!

Please share pictures of your relaxed hair in braidouts and twistouts. I did a quick search and I didn't find a similar post.

Yes, I'm natural - with no plans to return to relaxers - I'm just curious about how braidouts and twistouts come out on relaxed hair.

*this thread was inspired by exoticmommie's signature*

Of course mine is in my siggy. :lol:

I can't believe I inspired a thread. :look::lachen:

Here is another with really bright flash, the back tends to be frizzier than the front, but I don't mind it...

Last edited:

tricie

Sorry I don't have any pics of a twist out on my previously relaxed hair. KhandiB, your hair is bangin'! :)

Rae81

here is my braidout i just did last night. i washed my hair and deep conditioned it and applied he long term relationship and put my hair in four conrows and this is how it came out. I love braidouts cuz it makes me feel like im natural for a week :grin:

Attachments

• 100_2447.jpg
    100_2447.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 441
  • 100_2457.jpg
    100_2457.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_2458.jpg
    100_2458.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 355
  • 100_2450.jpg
    100_2450.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 334

NYAmicas

Seeker

BRAIDOUT

TWISTOUTS

Working on braidouts and I cant cornrow at all so my braidouts are a hit and miss. You ladies with the wonderful twistouts add more detail! Im appreciating the thread and pics everyone provided.

Last edited:

Rae81

^^^^ Ok, minni323 Imma need you to post how you did this gorgeous braidout!

i wash my hair then while its wet i conrow my hair straight back, (i did 4 this time) and i put a little bit of mouse on each section and i let it dry and when i take the braids out my hair is curly like that. the tighter the braid the tighter waves.

EbonyCPrincess

Braidout:

2-day Old Braidout Updo:

I've not had success with twistouts, but I LOVEEEEEE braidouts. I use Bee Mine Curly butter and use the tiny satin rollers to spiral the ends overnight. My siggy and avi also have some braidout buns/updo's.

frizzy

This is a twistout I wore today, it;s been over 1-1/2 years since I wore one, they'll get better with practice. I use Suave coconut cond. and castor oil.

Attachments

• twistout.jpg
    twistout.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 300
  • twistout top.jpg
    twistout top.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 226

lea86111

nice! can't wait for my hair to get to at least APL so i can go twist outs and braid outs!
looking good ladies!!

LaFemmeNaturelle

That's the braidout I did and let many naturals assume I was natural....oh well lol

Didn't like this one because I like my braidouts to be frizzy and bigger for some reason

My failed twistout

MY second failed twistout is in my siggy so I give up on those lol

Other braidouts are attached

Attachments

• braidout.jpg
    braidout.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Beforecut2.JPG
    Beforecut2.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Solitude

Braidout on APL-length hair, pulled into a banana clip

Braidout on SL hair (last year, July 2009)

Braidout on hair, almost APL, back in May 2010 (not the best quality - took this pic on my Blackberry)

BEAUTYU2U

Wow, ladies! These are all beautiful pics of well-defined, voluminous braidouts/twistouts on relaxed hair. Hope this post serves as inspiration for other relaxed/texlaxed ladies. :yep:

exoticmommie

I love this! What was your technique? Are you texlaxed or bone straight?

I am texlaxed. I find that funny though because I leave it on for a long time. Most would probably be bone straight. :lachen:

I mix a concoction of oils, aloe vera gel and a shea butter leave in I stocked up on. I only use a little so my mix lasts a VERY long time. When I am deep in a stretch I put some castor oil on my roots.

I put it on 90% dry hair, seal with coconut oil then braid it up and put pillow rollers on the end.

It is similar to NinaPruitt on YT.