Relaxed Heads - Do you oil/seal your hair daily?

How often do you oil/seal your hair

• 2x a day

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • 1x a day

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • A few times a month

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Never

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters

sunnieb

^^^I'm jealous! I wish my dry, thirsty hair would get weighed down sometimes! It just drinks everything I feed it! Oil included. Matter of fact, I need to go moisturize and seal before I get too sleepy!

LaidBak

How exactly are oyu guys sealing, as wouldn't oiling daily weigh hair down... Make it stiff, I mean that is if wearing hair out...

I've learned which oils are light enough for me to use daily (sunflower, almond, coconut). But more importantly, I've learned to control my heavy handedness. I use the absolute minimum. I focus mostly on the ends; and if I'm protective styling that day, they can be as oily as they want because they'll be hidden.
Too much oil makes my hair limp and heavy, not stiff.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I do it maybe once or twice a week. Any more than that just makes my hair greasy, plus I find that when I DC properly, I don't need to moisturize as much during the week.

SuchaLady

I rely on my DC and leave in mostly. I don't moisturize but I will use an oil a few times a week if needed. Mainly my hairline and edges all the way around.

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

SmileyNY

SmileyNY - I love your hair description! :lol:

My hair is thirsty too! It can't get enough moisture no matter how much I put in!

:lol: I like the way my hair responds b/c at least I know it's taking in what I put on it. What good is a moisturizer if it just sits on top of the hair all day? I'm not heavy handed with leave-ins & oil... There's only so much hair can actually absorb at a time. After that, it's a waste of product.

Also, by thirsty I don't mean un-conditioned or dry & brittle... By the end of the day my hair is still soft, but fluffier & not quenched. I sleep with my hair in 2 braids & I love how it feels when I take them down in the morning. I feel like my hair thanks me every time. It can't get enough :lol:

Sent from my iPhone.

janeemat

:lol: I like the way my hair responds b/c at least I know it's taking in what I put on it. What good is a moisturizer if it just sits on top of the hair all day? I'm not heavy handed with leave-ins & oil... There's only so much hair can actually absorb at a time. After that, it's a waste of product.

Also, by thirsty I don't mean un-conditioned or dry & brittle... By the end of the day my hair is still soft, but fluffier & not quenched. I sleep with my hair in 2 braids & I love how it feels when I take them down in the morning. I feel like my hair thanks me every time. It can't get enough :lol:

How are you wearing your hair after you take down the 2 braid daily? BTW, you have beautiful hair.

hothair

I don't need to much. As long as I do my weekly prepoo and DC my hair is fine. I usually would apply castor oil to my edges to help keep them smooth

vestaluv1

Between 1 and 2 times a day and I pay particular attention to my ends, edges, nape and new growth/demarcation lines.

Last edited:
I am currently moisturizing and sealing 2x a day. The change in the weather is why. I am currently using Joico Daily conditioner and Enjoy intensive hair and skin oil treatment. I just bought the Enjoy and don't think I will be buying it again. I do alternate with sealing with olive oil or safflower oil which I like more the the Enjoy Intensive hair and skin oil treatment.

Poopiedo

I moisturize and seal twice a day with S curl and coconut oil. I do this before I put my durag and wig on in the morning and at night before I tie my hair down with my satin scarf. I do this year round. If I wore my hair out daily I wouldn't seal as often.

NIN4eva

I moisturize every night before I cross wrap for bed, and seal every other night. I always do both after I shampoo and DC.

RoseTintedCheeks

I remember when I used to oil my hair 2x a day. Then it was 1x a day. I've noticed lately that I don't remember to use oil everyday because my hair doesn't need it.

I'm currently using castor oil because of the harsh cold weather coming, but I also use EVCO and hot six oil.

My exact thoughts.

hillytmj

I used to moisturize/seal twice daily, but now I do it as needed. Lately it's been every 1-2 days.

IMFOCSD

I do this nightly.....every night I part my hair in four sections, spray each section (water&conditioner mix), saturate my ends w/ors rc, bun each section & baggy.

BFeathers

I just a baby baby pea sized amount on the very ends of my hair. My tip ends are the most vulnerable. The actual length shaft is usually okay but the ends get the most and the shaft gets what's left on my hands after I've ran a towel on them.

Otherwise all that moisturizing and sealing gives me the spacey look and that's not cute when you want to wear your hair down.