Relaxed Heads - Do You Use Honey For Hair Health?

sunnieb

Did it lighten anyone's hair?

Messiah - yes! I wanted to lighten my hair, so I haven't been heating the honey before I apply it.

Here's a pic from post #64:

Now, my hair has a light brown tint all over. However, my natural hair color is black. There's only so much honey can do.

If you don't want to lighten your hair, just heat the honey before application. 10-15 seconds in the microwave should do it. :yep:

sunnieb

Adding honey in your conditioner is the best non-sticky way to give your hair the benefits of honey. Here are some pics of how it looks when I add honey/evoo to Motions CPR for a light protein dc.

ForumRunner_20130830_132005.jpg

ForumRunner_20130830_132023.jpg

ForumRunner_20130830_132038.jpg

ForumRunner_20130830_132052.jpg

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130830_131950.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130830_131950.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
divachyk I do a honey treatment once a week. I wet my hair in the shower and apply honey (mixed with a little olive oil) directly, put on a plastic cap and let it marinate for at least an hour. Luckily, I've been doing this for my entire relaxer cycle this go 'round so I really see the difference in my hair.

My ng retains moisture like never before and detangles so easily. I'm trying to lighten my hair so I don't heat it before applying.

I just did this last night and my hair is lovin' it!

sunnieb, are you placing it on the new growth?

sunnieb

Lesson learned tonight:

I have to think of a better way to apply honey when dealing with so much newgrowth. I made it through, but whew!

I'll make a trip to Sally's this weekend to see if I can find some kind of applicator bottle and cut the tip off or something. I have to be sure I get the honey all the way down to the newgrowth. :yep:

Lilmama1011

Lesson learned tonight:

I have to think of a better way to apply honey when dealing with so much newgrowth. I made it through, but whew!

I'll make a trip to Sally's this weekend to see if I can find some kind of applicator bottle and cut the tip off or something. I have to be sure I get the honey all the way down to the newgrowth. :yep:

Root only applicator bottle sunnieb

Last edited:

sunnieb

I took a break from honeying to get through the last of my relaxer stretch.

Welp, I'm a week post, and doing a honey treatment right now! :grin:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I tried honey once and didn't like it. I tried it in shampoo and in DC. But I did out some in my friends DC and she said it worked really well.

Lilmama1011

My edges are now lighter from adding some honey to my conditioner for many months. I noticed when I got up close that I had lighter, even my SO said it looks like my hair was bleached, cool, it's not dramatic but it is lighter

sunnieb

My edges are now lighter from adding some honey to my conditioner for many months. I noticed when I got up close that I had lighter, even my SO said it looks like my hair was bleached, cool, it's not dramatic but it is lighter

Yep, I love the lightening from honey!

However, I don't think my hair has gotten as light as it's going to get. I love the look of being black, but brown in the sun.

I have a mix of honey and EVOO sitting on my hair right now. :yep:

sunnieb

I love the results of using honey and EVOO! My hair has a natural shine but no greasiness.

Attachments

• HoneyEVOO.jpg
    HoneyEVOO.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 51

sunnieb

Seriously neglected my hair last week, so starting off this week with a honey treatment to boost the moisture. :yep: