Relaxed Heads - Do You Use Honey For Hair Health?

sunnieb

Here's my hair tonight. That honey brown is really coming through. Wonder how brown my hair can get?

***deleted pics since they kept posting sideways. Will keep trying*****

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Last edited:

Lissa0821

I am going back to using honey in my DC, in the past two months I have noticed my ends are dry with a quickness. I stopped using honey and replaced it with JBCO but that is just not good enough for these no lye ends. Plus, my hair has a fullness when it truly moisturized that is gone since I stopped using honey.

I am also thinking about kicking Nene's Secret Leave in conditioner to the curb as well and replacing it with NTM again. I haven't used NTM in years.

sunnieb

Did a dc with Motions CPR tonight and of course I had to honey it up:

ForumRunner_20140503_232433.jpg

ForumRunner_20140503_232445.jpg

ForumRunner_20140503_232458.jpg

sugaplum

Star Shooter
sunnieb what a lovely mix indeed :lick: looks like yummy vanilla pudding :grin:
Did you use heat? And how long did you leave this on?

i loooovvvee doing pre-poo treatments with warm EVOO & honey. i leave this on for 45 minutes.

sunnieb

Here's my hair tonight. That honey brown is really coming through. Wonder how brown my hair can get?

***deleted pics since they kept posting sideways. Will keep trying*****

Here's the pic! ;)

Attachments

• HoneyHairMay14.jpg
    HoneyHairMay14.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 178

sugaplum

Star Shooter
sunnieb Look at that shine! And your hair is so long and healthy! :wow:
Yes i will try to adapt that regimen. i have noticed that with my hair i like to use my mixes with honey without any heat. Go figure! :perplexed

Beamodel

I mixed honey and KV Brahmi oil to my APB Blueberry Conditioner.

My hair is air drying very soft

sunnieb

Here's my honeyfied Nexxus Humectress that I'm dc'ing with right now.

ForumRunner_20140517_214806.jpg

ForumRunner_20140517_214820.jpg

ForumRunner_20140517_214834.jpg

sunnieb

Have the house to myself for a few hours, so I decided to do a straight honey treatment since it's been a while.

Don't know if I've mentioned it, but when I'm letting the honey sit for an hour, I wrap a towel on top of the plastic baggie like this:

2014-07-04 12.23.28.jpg

That way I can do stuff around the house without honey dripping down my neck.

sunnieb

Here's my hair with no product. All I did was rinse out the honey

sunnieb

Pic didn't attach. ......girrr
Hope it's in this post

ForumRunner_20140704_132027.jpg

So it's upside down. ....girrr again!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140704_132047.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140704_132047.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 67

sunnieb

I was out in the sun most of this week, so I'm doing a honey treatment right now to give my hair a boost of moisture. :yep:

sunnieb

Doing a honey dc right now. I'll let it sit for an hour or so.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Pennefeather

I have to get back to doing this again. When I was adding honey regularly to my DC, I could see subtle streaks, which I really liked. I think that I just wiped them all out with my first tea rinse. I'm so mad!:swearing::swearing::swearing:

greenandchic

I wish I have seen this before I washed my hair the other night! I used to use honey when I was natural but kind of fell off the wagon after I relaxed my hair. I'm sure my hair needs it more than ever now! I'll definitely try it when I wash again next week.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sunnieb

My hair is like a fluffy light brown cloud today! I love honey treatments. :grin:

A lady just stopped me and said 'your hair is so beautiful! '. Makes me feel like all the attention I give my hair is worth it. :yep:

sunnieb

Beware the honey! :giggle:

I noticing my ends are browning way faster than the rest of my hair. I'm to blame. I tend to glop honey on my ends and just rub it on the other parts.

I'm doing another honey dc now and I tried to be more even with the honey application. :yep:

kikisf

sunnieb Thank you!!! Will start adding honey to the DC mix ASAP. and....I just saw the photo of light-brown color and started drooling. I have been wanting hair that color but not willing to bleach.

sunnieb

kikisf that's exactly why I looked into doing honey treatments. I want color, but not from a box.

The honey lightens but your hair will return back to your natural color if you stop - at least that's how it works for me. :yep: