Relaxed Heads - Do You Use Honey For Hair Health?

sunnieb

Doing the Honey/Coconut Oil Mask now. Here's how I melted the Coconut Oil to mix it:

Coconut Oil:
20180126_195247_resized.jpg

Spooned Coconut Oil into small glass bowl and put in larger yellow bowl. Heated water in microwave for about 45 seconds and poured in yellow bowl:
20180126_202813_resized.jpg

Waited 20 minutes for Coconut Oil to melt:
20180126_200647_resized.jpg

Mixed Coconut Oil and Honey:
20180126_201353_resized.jpg

Also started wrapping a towel around my head on top of the plastic cap to control dripping - but still sit with bigger towel around my shoulders:
20180126_205414_resized.jpg

That's it! About to go rinse and airdry! :)

sunnieb

Doing a honey/castor oil mask now.

I really like this blend. Seemed smooth and easy to apply. The heaviness of the castor oil was a good balance with the stickiness of the honey.

sunnieb

Think I've found a winner! :cup:

Honey/Castor oil combo worked wonders in my hair. I may have used a tad too much castor oil, but I'll adjust for the next time.

My hair felt so moisturized and soft. It felt coated with castor oil, but not heavy and limp.

Hope the pic posts!

20180211_210002_resized.jpg

sunnieb

Doing another honey/castor oil mask now. We'll be busy tomorrow night and I'm not taking any chances on skipping my hair treatments.

No laziness in 2018! :clapping:

sunnieb

About to do the castor oil honey mask. This time I'll add an egg to see if there's a difference.

sunnieb

That egg was just tew much!

The mixture was way too liquidy. I can see doing this again when my hair is MBL, but that's a long way off. I'll stick to Honey + oil for now.

My hair feels terrific though. :look:

LiLi

Bumping. I was doing a search to see if anyone was using honey on a regular basis. I see so many companies putting honey in their products and I was so close to buying a product for black friday. Then I started to research and found a lot of information. I think @sunnieb should start a honey challenge for 2019. :toocool:

sunnieb

I'm doing a honey/jojoba oil prepoo treatment now.

Honey is still a regular part of my hair routine.

@LiLi there's a honey cleanse challenge going on. I thought about joining that to see if there are other ladies using honey regularly.

LiLi

Thank you for letting me know @sunnieb !! I will probably just post in one of the deep conditioning threads since I don’t use it as a cleanser. Do you like the honey/jojoba combination better than when combining honey with castor oil?

sunnieb

Thank you for letting me know @sunnieb !! I will probably just post in one of the deep conditioning threads since I don’t use it as a cleanser. Do you like the honey/jojoba combination better than when combining honey with castor oil?

I think the honey/ castor oil mix is slightly better for what I'm looking for. My hair is soft, but not as soft as with castor oil I think.

I'll have to really pay attention the next time I use castor oil to see if there's a big difference.

PlanetCybertron

If I have some on hand I’ll use honey when I remember to.

If I mix it with the wrong product it roughs up my cuticles, but if I use it in conjunction with an egg as a protein treatment is feels nice.

My hair doesn’t like the honey warmed up if I’m deep conditioning with it, so I let it sit on my hair.

It’s always humid down where I live, so often times if I’ve deep conditioned with honey, my hair will get insanely fluffy, but I like it since it’s soft and well moisturized.

Prisangela

has anyone used this? Just picked this up and am planning to use it today

sunnieb

has anyone used this? Just picked this up and am planning to use it today

This looks promising! I hate the messiness of honey treatments, but my hair loves it.

Would beer nice to have a product like this to use in between my honey-only treatments.

Please post how your hair likes it!

sunnieb

Doing a honey prepoo now so I can get an early start on my dc tonight. My Cowboys playing like strangers! :(