Relaxed Heads - Do you winterize your hair regimen?

Solitude

Last year, I wore braidouts all winter because I thought they looked cute with my scarves/sweaters...:look:

This year, I plan to keep my hair straight and baby my ends with heavy moisturizers and butters.

Course24

I usually incorporate Castor oil during the winter & use heat caps & lessen the flat ironing 2x/month. Overnight pre-poo's will be dominant. Scarves & bunning under hats for protection from the elements. I will also do 2 protein treatments over the next month (before it gets too cold) to balance things out because after that it will be more moisture,more moisture..

Raine054

I usually start using my avocado butter more often. I've been wanting to try Bee Mine Luscious this winter. I live in WI so I have to take serious precautions to preserve my hair.

Does anyone have any reviews on the Bee Mine Luscious?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Raine054 - Bee Mine Luscious is a staple of mine. Very great product. It works on my hair year around. I live Northwest FL where it gets cold in the winter. It's not WI cold but it's cold. I think you'll be pleased.

Sugar

This is a great thread! My hair has never seen a real winter. This year will be different. Thanks for all the tips ladies!

JJamiah

I do winterize my hair. I deep condition longer and wear my wigs consistently. :)

I won't come out of my wigs officially until April which, I will relax and then wear my hair for a few months.

kupenda

I cant wait for winter :) I'm gonna start back using heavier moisturizers and castor oil. Oil rinse with Vatika Frosting. Cowash every other day. Deep condition twice a week at least. Hot oil treatments weekly. And using the steamer at least once a month at my local Dominican salon since I don't have one. I also want a wig :) ive also been thinking abt getting my hair braided after Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Idk what I was thinking. Ain't no way I'm cowashing every other day lol

lboogie2679

Right now I am researching hair butters. I really like the idea of airdrying in a bun for a wavy look but I think I will need to tweak the products I'm using for the winter. Do you ladies have any good suggestions for good butters?

Avan207

I deep condition under the dryer more often. I wear my hair up or in a wig. This is also the ONLY time of year that I use grease. The Palmers coconut oil "hairdress".it's great for my ends, edges and "kitchen". Since I workout a lot I generally have to clarify anyway so it doesn't do any damage.

LaidBak

Right now I am researching hair butters. I really like the idea of airdrying in a bun for a wavy look but I think I will need to tweak the products I'm using for the winter. Do you ladies have any good suggestions for good butters?

I love Elasta QP mango butter for laying down edges. I love Seyani hair butter because it smells amazing, spreads easily, and its whipped so not too heavy.

candy626

I definitely never had a winter regimen in previous years. I usually would do what I always did--rollerset and flat iron once week, with minimal oiling of the ends. Perhaps that's why I would always have to get two inch trims in the spring :perplexed

This year, I plan to wear wigs and maybe rollerset once or twice a month. I hope to cowash every couple days, and moisturize/oil my ends daily. Hopefully this will lead to much better length retention so that I can reach full BSL by February.

Relentless

Reinventing
I washed my hair yesterday and will wear a bun this week. I used Hairveda's Leave In- Whipped Hydration and used the Vatika Frosting to seal afterwards. My hair feels so moisturized.

sunnieb

I'm loving castor oil! I don't even have to use it everyday. It's heavy enough that I only have to use about a dime-size amount. One bottle will last all winter! :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yeah, Operation Fall/Winter is in Play.:yep:

I've beefed up my Butters, Pomade, Oils and Heavier Cowashers & Deep Conditioners.

I'll continue to PS (So, I should be good).

RoseTintedCheeks

I wash my hair less in the winter than in the summer, and sit under the dryer to dry my hair. I hate air drying when it's cold outside. DC 2x a week and keep my hair in a bun most of the time. Castor oil is a bit too thick for my liking, so I will be using avocado oil to seal.

bebezazueta

sunnieb me too, my hair suffered last winter. I had to do some serious trims. This winter, I'm doing oil rinses, overnite DCs, henna monthly & M/S as needed. Rotated suave coconut condish back in my regimen. Also rollersets and rollerwraps weekly. Here's a pic of my hair with my winter regimen. My roller wrap, I set hair with French mesh rollers

newnyer

Hey ladies! Noticed that my hair has been more drier than usual even though I've stuck to the same reggie...so I'm thinking I may have to "winterize". Right now I use S-curl to moisturize & seal w/ either coconut or hot six oil but I think I need to switch to a heavier moisturizer. :( I don't plan on changing my DC (Alter Ego, Silicon, SAA, honeyquat mix) or cowashing reggie (Giovanni DL after) unless I don't see a difference w/ moisturizers.
Suggestions are always welcome! Lol. I am relaxed, fine hair, and usually bun during the week for work. Weekends are a crap shoot....may up my rollerset game. :)
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

JJamiah

newnyer The dryness could be from the glycerin from the S-Curl

Try Clarifying your hair too, could have build up blocking the moisture your already putting in

newnyer

newnyer The dryness could be from the glycerin from the S-Curl

Try Clarifying your hair too, could have build up blocking the moisture your already putting in

Hmmm, I sure haven't clarified in awhile....THANKS! I'll do that this week! You know, I seem to forget the simple things when I start getting wrapped up with PJism. It's also great timing to give up the S-curl for the winter...I was just about to finish this bottle & buy a new one! But I'll hold off until it warms up again. It's crazy how one product can act SO differently with the colder temperatures. Btw- do any of you ladies know why that is? Does glycerin work best with humidity/heat or something?

StarScream35

Man oh man oh man, I'm so glad I found this thread cause I was just noticing how dry my hair is since winter has hit. But for some odd reason, my hair seems worse than ever! I've upped the heavier oils, the conditioners, the deep conditions and everything but my hair feels so parched!! I just don't know what to do. I washed last night then deep conditioned, sealed with almond oil and BAM..............this morning, my hair feels like the sahara desert. This has been ongoing ALL month. I just don't know what to do! I tried co-washing and my stuff is still DRY. I'm about to cry!!!

sunnieb

Brighteyes35 do you moisturize daily? I have to moisturize 2x daily.

Also, how's your daily water intake? I drink over 100oz of clear water a day. You have to be sure to moisturize from the inside out as well. :yep:

Sent from my Comet

JJamiah

Man oh man oh man, I'm so glad I found this thread cause I was just noticing how dry my hair is since winter has hit. But for some odd reason, my hair seems worse than ever! I've upped the heavier oils, the conditioners, the deep conditions and everything but my hair feels so parched!! I just don't know what to do. I washed last night then deep conditioned, sealed with almond oil and BAM..............this morning, my hair feels like the sahara desert. This has been ongoing ALL month. I just don't know what to do! I tried co-washing and my stuff is still DRY. I'm about to cry!!!

When is the last time you clarified??

HOw is your water is it hard?

JJamiah

Hmmm, I sure haven't clarified in awhile....THANKS! I'll do that this week! You know, I seem to forget the simple things when I start getting wrapped up with PJism. It's also great timing to give up the S-curl for the winter...I was just about to finish this bottle & buy a new one! But I'll hold off until it warms up again. It's crazy how one product can act SO differently with the colder temperatures. Btw- do any of you ladies know why that is? Does glycerin work best with humidity/heat or something?

Glycerine draws the moisture from the air. Alot of issues in winter is dry heat, some people run humidifiers in their homes so that it helps your insides and outsides :)

JJamiah

bebezazueta I forgot to say OOOOHHHH Lalah Weewee your hair is Nice :) :lick:

Go girl!

:yep:

@sunnieb me too, my hair suffered last winter. I had to do some serious trims. This winter, I'm doing oil rinses, overnite DCs, henna monthly & M/S as needed. Rotated suave coconut condish back in my regimen. Also rollersets and rollerwraps weekly. Here's a pic of my hair with my winter regimen. My roller wrap, I set hair with French mesh rollers

StarScream35

sunnieb

I moisturize at least twice a day. I use jojoba oil and coconut oil and nothing. Now I will admit I slack up on the water intake.

JJamiah

I clarified on Monday and yes, my water is hard water. Very hard. Any suggestions?