Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Lilmama1011

Eight weeks post and since my hair is still so manageable and not breaking off, I might not do my usual ten weeks, I might go even more

PinkPebbles

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Okay, update on my texlaxer experience after dcing. It was amazing! I love how much more stretch I have in the curl pattern.

I just flat ironed it and wearing like this for the rest of the day. It is so soft and bouncy.

Here are pics of my texlaxed results today and you can see my hair was already starting to revert to curly in the second pic:lol::

Aggie looks good! I love big hair too :grin:.

Aggie

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I have a question for the ladies that stretch more than 12 weeks. How often do you wash your hair? Do you wash more or less?

I shampoo my hair once a week but I'm thinking about shampooing every other week once I get further along in my stretch. My hair type is fine 4b.

No matter what PinkPebbles, I tend to wash and DC every week. I can manage the new growth better this way by keeping it continually treated and moisturized.

I think the further you get into your stretch, your hair needs even more love and attention to control tangling and breakage. My hair revolts if left alone too long and I end up losing more hair whenever I do decide to wash and DC. Not pretty:nono:.

Aggie

Me too! I love that I can relax and still have big hair when I want! :grin:

I love how big your hair is in your avi sunnieb. I can't wait for my ponytail to look like that:grin::yep:.

HoneyDew

7 weeks and counting....

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

Only 9+ weeks but I can't believe I haven't started complaining about wanting to relax:look: This stretch is going well:yep: Let's hope it stays that way:yep:

sunnieb

Only 9+ weeks but I can't believe I haven't started complaining about wanting to relax:look: This stretch is going well:yep: Let's hope it stays that way:yep:

Scary, ain't it???? Stick with me and I'll have you stretching to 14+ weeks in no time!:spinning:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

sunnieb EXACTLY!!! You're a great relaxer stretching buddy:yep:

Ruby True

Last touchup December 19 last year and Im getting a touch up tomorrow so three months. Im nervous I hope I have good retention

danysedai

9 weeks and relaxing this weekend!
My stylist passed away in December and the last relaxer she did on me was in June, so my relaxer in September was done by a friend but it didn't take, then by my mom in November and was underprocessed, then by a new stylist in January and she only put it in and took it out (only smoothed a bit at my request) and now it's very underprocessed. So I decided to take matters into my own (and DH's) hands and do it myself. I've been reading on corrective relaxers and I will pull the relaxer to the underprocessed parts for the last 5 minutes.
I did an Aphogee 2 step treatment yesterday and put my hair into braids. Today I took the front out and blended it into my curly wign (creta girl). I will be slightly blowdrying the hair today so I can see where the newgrowth, the underprocessed and the straight parts are. My aim is not to be bonestraight all over but to have a somewhat similar texture allover.

bestblackgirl

12 weeks today and relaxing on June 2, around 23 weeks post. I braid my hair w/o extensions and cornrowns my hair about every 2-4 weeks so that way it is easier for me to stay out of my hair and just moisturize my hair

Lynnerie

danysedai, Sorry to hear about your stylist. I hope self-relaxing works out for you. I also do my own. Once you start doing your own relaxers you won't go back. You can neutralize as many times as you feel necessary, do your protein treatments how you want them, etc.

danysedai

Lynnerie, thanks for your encouragement! I appreciate it because right now even as I was typing it I started to doubt myself (what if it comes out awful, what if it starts breaking) and even wanted to text a friend to try to find another stylist. But you are right, this is the last thing I need to learn how to do myself, I dye my hair, I rollerset, flat iron,etc. I also want to get a pair of hair scissors to trim. I just need to get the confidence.

Also thanks for what you said about my stylist,she was a dear friend. She was only 41, left behind a 5 yr old daughter. She was so full of life, always laughing and dancing. I still tear up when I hear a bachata (she was dominican).

TeesAndCake

8 wks... and I was trying to wait 12 but my scalp is sore and I don't have time to manage my new growth!!

Fyne

2 weeks post after a 26 week stretch it feels weird to feel my scalp again. I want my 6 month NG back LOL. Next touch up is in September.

Rossy2010

Im 7 weeks and will relax at 16 weeks..
9 more weeks to go oh boy

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)

I'm around 9 weeks post but it feels like so much more :blush:

I finally realized that my hair does not like aloe based products which was causing my hair to be dry. Hopefully with this new found info I'll be able to stretch another 4 weeks...

Shelew

I am 16 weeks post! This is the longest I ever gone! Surprisingly it is not too horrible as I would think. I think because it is just in a bun or ponytail daily. The edges are not too great though trying to keep the puff down lol!

sunnieb

11 weeks 4 days post today.

Still trying to hold out until April 29 or so. :yep:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)

I am 1 day post :grin:

I'll be relaxing again in July.

TeeSGee

Currently 16 wks post relaxer.

kailand

I am 3 weeks post

I dont know when I'll touch up yet NG is slim right now =\ maybe June ?

Hopefully Mizani butter blends

Self relaxing !!

Rae81

9 months dont know if i am transitioning or not yet

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

14 Weeks 1 Day. I'm relaxing next friday at 15w-2d. My stylist uses Nairobi Mild for me.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

1 hour post...12 weeks to go:giggle: