Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Evolving78

I may touch up at 8 weeks, instead of waiting 12. I need to check the calendar.

Edit
If I touch up at 8 weeks, I won't be able to have fresh relaxed hair for my birthday!!! lol I gotta think this through. I will just roll with the punches and see what happens week by week. I got relaxer at home, if it gets unbearable. I can always blow dry and flat iron for my birthday.

Last edited:

demlew

8 weeks post and I'm not sure when I'll relax due to the awesome DC I did today! I would usually relax this week because anything longer than 8 weeks results in breakage for me. However, today I added SAA from lotioncrafter and avocado oil to my boo Nutress and I can't stop touching my hair! The addition of SAA is the only difference from my usual routine, so I know it was that.

I'm 14 weeks post this week. I have to relax as soon as I take out the 10 braids but two things are going to keep me going till 16 weeks at least. My ragged nails and the fact that I won't have a half day in the next two weeks to dedicate to the process. I need at least a half day to work on my hair on relaxer days and it's not happening

Till then, I'll be washing my scalp, DCing in these braids and redoing them individually.

MysTori

I wish we could be buddies! If I don't relax at 12 weeks, it's gonna mess up the next relaxer schedule.
I know I'm late as ever but what's your schedule? For example, did you relax on Jan 1st and will relax again on April 1st? I would like a buddy :look: But my 12 weeks would end on April 15th unless it gets messy and I have to relax earlier.

*There are so many posts, I'm reading it backwards to catch up.

Evolving78

I know I'm late as ever but what's your schedule? For example, did you relax on Jan 1st and will relax again on April 1st? I would like a buddy :look: But my 12 weeks would end on April 15th unless it gets messy and I have to relax earlier.

*There are so many posts, I'm reading it backwards to catch up.
I relaxed on Dec 28th, so I planned on relaxing that weekend of April 1st, or the 2nd. But if I can hang a few weeks longer, I can try for. April 15th.

Sosoothing

I'm 14 weeks post this week. I have to relax as soon as I take out the 10 braids but two things are going to keep me going till 16 weeks at least. My ragged nails and the fact that I won't have a half day in the next two weeks to dedicate to the process. I need at least a half day to work on my hair on relaxer days and it's not happening

Till then, I'll be washing my scalp, DCing in these braids and redoing them individually.

Just 10 braids? Are these like extra big goddess braids?

sunnieb

8 weeks post and I'm not sure when I'll relax due to the awesome DC I did today! I would usually relax this week because anything longer than 8 weeks results in breakage for me. However, today I added SAA from lotioncrafter and avocado oil to my boo Nutress and I can't stop touching my hair! The addition of SAA is the only difference from my usual routine, so I know it was that.

Ok, gimme the deets on this awesome dc. What's SAA? Silk Amino ??? Which Nutress??? :look:

demlew

Ok, gimme the deets on this awesome dc. What's SAA? Silk Amino ??? Which Nutress??? :look:

Yep - SAA is silk amino acid. I use the Nutress packets from Sally's. I use 2 packets because I do the relaxer method for putting on a DC. I thinned out the conditioner with avocado oil and I added half a capful of SAA. Today I met a friend for dinner and she asked me what I did to my hair because it looked really healthy and shiny :yep:

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Touched up yesterday after 20 weeks post. Too long! But I have so many different textures all along the length. It looks crazy when it's wet and all dry - imagine afro puffs along side straight hair and more textures in between - but if I rollerset or use heat, it all looks the same.

I'm not sure if I should attempt a corrective. I used lye, but I think the corrective would need to be with no lye because I already attempted a corrective with lye and had no results! But I scared to process it a 3rd time!

I don't want it bone straight, but I just can't get consistent results unless I go bone straight. I guess it's time for some professional help.

Evolving78

So I decided to do a corrective today and it turned out very well. Lye relaxers just leave me with a lot of texture. So if I'm gonna stick with lye, I need to make my peace with that. So I will be relaxing my hair in April, (8 weeks) unless I get some Senegalese twists around that time.

demlew

I came back to say...SAA is my new boo! I did a henna treatment and while my results are usually good, I'm really really happpy with my hair. I don't have pics. I'm excited to see how long I'll stretch.

I used Nupur henna with TJ's coconut cream (I'll try it with coconut milk when I use up my cans. I DCed with SM superfruit mixed with avocado oil and SAA. Then I used Porosity Control. I blowdried using my LI concoction (basically alot of things I like separately that I've mixed together to make a Super LI lol (Mane & Tail detangler as the carrier liquid, HV cocasta oil just because it's awesome, a Roux 619 LI vial for extra moisture, It's a 10 - also awesome but too thick for me to use on its own, and SAA). Sounds like alot, but my hair has alot of swing. Yay! Off to order a bigger bottle. I'm gonna ask them if we still have a coupon code with them.

How do you guys blow dry your hair? Do you use a brush or just blow the hair with your fingers? I've never gotten how to achieve the best results with minimal damage caused by brushing during the blowing process

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
How do you guys blow dry your hair? Do you use a brush or just blow the hair with your fingers? I've never gotten how to achieve the best results with minimal damage caused by brushing during the blowing process
I hardly ever blowdry my hair (unless I'm in a hurry), I detangle first with my seamless comb then blow dry with the comb attachment. Try as I might, using a brush to blowdry just makes me feel like my hair is ripping out. I just can't get used to it.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Whoo, girl. My roots makes it feel like I need a relaxer. Actually, the top can probably take another couple of weeks, but maybe not the middle. Man, the jungle has arisen:lol: It's the back that I wanna attack. It looks so weird and I don't feel confident in wearing my hair down. It does slick up in a nice bun tho. I think hot water, a boar bristle brush, some JBCO (w/a little Leave in spray for some smelly goodies) and that Unicorn gel masquerading as Wetline Xtreme works pretty darn good.