Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Sanity

Cosmetologist
16 weeks post! Time is flying! 5 weeks to go! I might take down my braids earlier than expected, I need protein dc before relaxing on the 21st week... I'll know for sure by mid March.

secretdiamond

How do you guys blow dry your hair? Do you use a brush or just blow the hair with your fingers? I've never gotten how to achieve the best results with minimal damage caused by brushing during the blowing process
Never use a brush or comb attachment.
I detangle a section, then use the tension method with my hands. Been doing this for years and my hair always comes out very nice.

Sounds yummy Rozlewis

Never use a brush or comb attachment.
I detangle a section, then use the tension method with my hands. Been doing this for years and my hair always comes out very nice.

That sounds safer for the strands.

I've never gotten the technique down because I almost never use heat. I need a good YouTube video to get me going.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
New growth is still pretty manageable. Now that I can grip my hair in the back, I think I can hold on a lil longer. Or at least until it starts itching enough for me to relax it. When my scalp can't breathe it will surely let me know lol.

Fotchygirl

10 weeks post, will be 11 weeks post on Saturday. I plan to relax at 12 weeks post to avoid problems. I'm pleased to still be having no scalp issues.

KhandiB

Hey Ladies, Ive been gone a long time , lol. My last relaxer was in September, I also cut about 3 1/2 inches off (had some really ugly ends) I am currently 23 weeks post.

I was maintaining with Dominican blowouts (have no idea what took me so long to try them, but lawd, they are good) I am taking a break from the heat right now, also, they lied to me about a free 4th blowout, so I'm not going back to them, lol. I am currently wearing braidouts and/or goddess braids, and I am going to either get Sengalese twists or crochet braids soon.

I am planning on relaxing my hair at 32 weeks, which is a week before my birthday.

VimiJn

Let the truth set you free!
Hey Ladies, Ive been gone a long time , lol. My last relaxer was in September, I also cut about 3 1/2 inches off (had some really ugly ends) I am currently 23 weeks post.

I was maintaining with Dominican blowouts (have no idea what took me so long to try them, but lawd, they are good) I am taking a break from the heat right now, also, they lied to me about a free 4th blowout, so I'm not going back to them, lol. I am currently wearing braidouts and/or goddess braids, and I am going to either get Sengalese twists or crochet braids soon.

I am planning on relaxing my hair at 32 weeks, which is a week before my birthday.
Welcome back! I remember you from back then :). Disregard the start date.

KenyafromCT

Girl! I've been going to Dominican Salons for 15 years...and yes! they lqy it down!